•  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocker
    • Jan 2nd 2013

KISS MY ARSE!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BS/BJ
    • Jan 2nd 2013

I Lol-ed!
    I don't understand what's going on here...Are we talking about the new member? What did he do wrong?
    Posted By: AngusRudd1019I don't understand what's going on here...Are we talking about the new member? What did he do wrong?

They're just poking fun because he said he liked KISS...
    ooohh lololol, hey I like KISS also!! Screw you guys! Even though Gene and Paul are dicks and know they suck total ass, in the 70s, KISS put on a killer show and all 4 members are terrific showman. Peter, Paul, Gene, and Ace put on a hell of a show for their audiences.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BS/BJ
    • Jan 2nd 2013

And so they should, considering the extortion racket they run with their ticket prices.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Lefty Mac
    • Jan 2nd 2013

The best Kiss album is ACE FREHLEY. The rest can eat a dick.
    • AC/DC rock music: mrsyoung92
    • Jan 4th 2013 edited

1. Favourite AC/DC song and why? Cant pick just one: Highway to hell, girls got rhythm, hells bells, back in black, etc.
    2. Favourite AC/DC album and why? dont know, love back in black
    3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why? none so far
    4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why? none so far
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into Stones, Beatles, The Who, Queen, Led Zeppelin and The Monkees

Btw Hey Im Sophie! Im 20 and I live in california, born in England, I am a very new fan of acdc so Im still learning and hearing new songs and all that, excited to meet fellow fans and let my fandom grow! :D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 4th 2013

I would suggest that you could not have found a better site :)

Plenty of fertilizer on here :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 4th 2013 edited

Welcome to the forum sophie, nice to have you here.

Judging by your first post, it would seem you don't own a copy of Powerage. That'd be the first thing I recommend you do.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jan 4th 2013

Posted By: bonlivesWelcome to the forum sophie, nice to have you here.

Judging by your first post, it would seem you don't own a copy of Powerage. That'd be the first thing I recommend you do.

First thing I noticed.
    I'm almost envious of her. What a discovery awaits eh?
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2013

Someone sort Sophie a download of the 10 Track German version fast!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 4th 2013

Indeed. I never got into Powerage myself until well, well into my "fandom". Might have even been after I realised there were different singers!
    Posted By: bonlivesWelcome to the forum sophie, nice to have you here.

Yeah I'm still in the process of collecting all their records ill surely look out for that next time, thanks!
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2013

Simply the greatest rock and roll album ever made. Ever.
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2013

Sorry Azel I could not suffer that post to live.
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2013

http://rutracker.org...

There's your 10-track Powerage. Use Google translate to download the torrent, utorrent or whatever to download the torrent and foobar2000 to play it.
    Powerage must be heard.

Why are we making her download it illegally when she can just go get it off iTunes...Geesh..
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2013

If you can find the ten track German version on iTunes you are a better man than anyone here and also Sony have finally woken the fuck up! :)
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2013

Posted By: AngusRudd1019Powerage must be heard.

Why are we making her download it illegally when she can just go get it off iTunes...Geesh..

Cos I'm illegal....you've heard the rest ;)
    • AC/DC rock music: 7.th
    • Jan 6th 2013

Hi everybody, my name is Maxime, I'm from France.

Music is my life since a long long time now, I enjoy every types of rock n' roll and metal.

Great to be there, talking with you guys about all this rumors around AC/DC in 2013.

Love !
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Jan 8th 2013

Hi 7.th, welcome aboard. Nice to get a little more continental flavour on here. It's normally a bit US/UK heavy in these parts.

We do like new members to answer a couple of questions if you can spare the time

1. Favourite AC/DC song and why?
    2. Favourite AC/DC album and why?
    3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why?
    4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why?
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into ...
    • AC/DC rock music: 7.th
    • Jan 8th 2013

Yeah, no problem.

1) Night Prowler could be this song. I really love the way it's built. Bon's voice, guitars sound, that drum comin' straight outta hell. It's life. There's a story between me and that song, but I keep it secret. ;)

2) It's a real hard choice dude. I'm gonna say Stiff Upper Lip for one reason. The entirety of this album is greatness, warm sound, bluesy, full of good intentions. To me, it's the best AC/DC album, band's sincerity on this one is real pleasure.

3) Love Song, it's an AC/DC song okay, but it's not an AC/DC spirit. But I like this track, it's just that I don't listen to it.

4) Blow Up Your Video is an album I don't feel close except for some songs. I don't like the sound, the lyrics and as I said, mojority of tracks on it don't talk to me.

5) I'm a real big fan of a lot of things. But If I have to pick some of them, it's Metallica, Megadeth, Led Zep, Cold Chisel, Rose Tattoo, KISS etc... Big fan of everything. It's my passion, my life.
    •  
    • Jan 10th 2013

Thanks. Suprised someone would call SUL as their favourite, then quote bands like Metallica and Megadeth as other favourites. SUL is at the calmer end of the 'DC scale after all. And another BUYV 'hater' on the forum. Lost count of how many of those we have now. No wonder BFET's appearances on here are rarer than Jem managing more than two halves down the pub.

Also, no need for secrets regards Night Prowler. You're amongst friends here.....
    Well I finaly got Powerage on vinyl :) tehe
    Posted By: mrsyoung92Well I finaly got Powerage on vinyl :) tehe

good, now get ready for your mind to be blown
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

10 track?
    Posted By: Jem

10 track?

it only has 9 tracks..
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Does it have a song called Cold hearted Man on it?
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

You really need to treat yourself to the ten track version. Better track listing, superior mix and better versions of the songs. Or if you download, the ten track version is available out there in cyberspace. And obviously you are down one of Bon's finest moments.

•  
    • Jan 12th 2013

I told you so to download that torrent, kid.

Buuuut....10 (and 9) track UK Powerage purists can eat a dick..

It was my first album and I adore the UK version, but the US/OZ version was the very first time I've heard AC/DC and no other album makes me feel as good as this one. Does it make my experience less 'valid'? If so, then you take pride in being a hypocrite.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

No as it happens I'm with you on that Boina. With a band who have so many different versions of their albums out there, for me it's all about what you know and love. that's why I spin HV int, DDDDC int (playing right now BTW) and JB74. Folks can diss that all they want, but those are the albums I grew up with and listened to for decades.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Interesting way to open up your AC/DC listening account. What you hear first obviously affects your point of view. Anything other than the ten track Euro version sounds simultaneously incomplete and overdubbed with unnecessary frippery.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Although I will use one section of backing vocals and lose the fadeout from R'n'R Damnation when Sony ask me to put out the ultimate version.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Right on Pod. and I'm here spinning my much coveted japan EMI Albert OZ CD of Powerage. Sounds fantastic. Hell it fuckin blows my mind.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Posted By: JemInteresting way to open up your AC/DC listening account. What you hear first obviously affects your point of view. Anything other than the ten track Euro version sounds simultaneously incomplete and overdubbed with unnecessary frippery.

Agree with this totally. Especially the bit where Jem says how any other versions of Powerage, beyond the Euro 10 tracker, are just superfluous ;)
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Just finished LTBR (the .net approved version).
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Posted By: JemInteresting way to open up your AC/DC listening account. What you hear first obviously affects your point of view. Anything other than the ten track Euro version sounds simultaneously incomplete and overdubbed with unnecessary frippery.

c
    Yeah for a contingent of people crammed in half the size of my State who received a rushed, incomplete with 'frippery' release. I have to chuckle.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Posted By: Boina ScottRight on Pod. and I'm here spinning my much coveted japan EMI Albert OZ CD of Powerage. Sounds fantastic. Hell it fuckin blows my mind.

I can't help thinking that any mind blowing going on in your household may have to do with a little more than just an AC/DC cd
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Posted By: Pod
    Posted By: Boina ScottRight on Pod. and I'm here spinning my much coveted japan EMI Albert OZ CD of Powerage. Sounds fantastic. Hell it fuckin blows my mind.

I can't help thinking that any mind blowing going on in your household may have to do with a little more than just an AC/DC cd

Nah. It's AC/DC, have you heard of em?
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Posted By: JemJust finished LTBR (the .net approved version).

The only fucking version. After DDDDC, and Im on the solo of PC now so excuse me that's it I'm back, I'm whacking LTBR on as lioud as my sleepingh family will allow.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Posted By: Boina Scott

c
    Yeah for a contingent of people crammed in half the size of my State who received a rushed, incomplete with 'frippery' release. I have to chuckle.

You say incomplete. I say smoothed and polished for American audiences who found real rock and roll a little hard to digest. And obviously that version is missing and entire song.

And it isn't the UK release. It is the German release.
    Alright sorry I got the wrong version haha it was just that I was looking for it for a while and I got excited when I finally found it. and it doesnt have cold hearted man. :/ my bad
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

No such thing as the wrong version :)
    Oh okay it was just everyone was hyping on about the 10 track haha
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Hey, I'm probably the biggest fan of the ten track there is. For me it is the greatest rock and roll album ever made. So if you can get it I definitely would :) Just download from some torrent. Morally you can having bought a copy :)
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

Posted By: mrsyoung92Alright sorry I got the wrong version haha it was just that I was looking for it for a while and I got excited when I finally found it. and it doesnt have cold hearted man. :/ my bad

The 'right' version is the one you grow up with. The one that's there when you get your heart broken The one that's there when you get lose your job. The one that's there when a loved one dies. The one that's there when you experience the sheer joy of child birth.

Pick a version and stick with it. If you've ever seen Full Metal Jacket, you'll know what I mean when I say that your AC/DC albums are you rifle. Don't ever forget that.

Just stop listening to that version you have and find the one with Cold Hearted Man AND Rock and Roll damnation before it sticks ;)
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2013

PS the above ws typed whilst Im drunk and Ride On was playing. Not making excuses, just explaining.