To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

welcome guys !

fav. song: Squeeler :)
    fav. album: Let There Be Rock
    least fav. song: Anything goes
    least fav album(s): Flick Of The Switch, Ballbreaker, Stiff Upper Lip, Black Ice
    Welcome Fredperry.

Least fav Ballbreaker and Flick??????
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jul 25th 2011

hello fred
    :) Guys, I love every single note of AC but if I was asked - these are the albums that I listen not very often, but still I do like them. I am huge Bon Era fan, but also love 80-92 period so actually period when I have started to listen to the band (1988)
    Hey fred!

Glad to see you here, (it's flickofthethunderdeeds on acdcbootlegs)

Welcome :D
    • AC/DC rock music: chenta3
    • Jul 25th 2011

hello Fred but ruud its not that they hate them album their just their least favourites and Fred is an totally awesome name
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Jul 25th 2011

Hi Fred. Great choices for best album and worst song BTW.
    WOW Never seen anyone with Flick in their worsts! I'm sure this will make for some interesting debate. Welcome to the forum. make yourself at home.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jul 25th 2011

*shakes head and walks away* :)
    hello Flick...I mean Nitro :)Nice to see old mates here. @crispyvenom: why FOTS?...for me this album started a new era in AC/DC. Lyrics started to be...hmm not so deep as previously secondly till FOTS every song on album was a killer, from FOTS albums started to have couple of Killers, some Bandits :) and a rest of fillers...ohh there are a lots of other reasons...so from the period 1983 to 2011 best albums for me are Blow Up Your Video - probably because it was my first ACDC album I have bought and heard and The Razors Edge - during razors edge tour I have seen the band for the first time
    You definetly do have some valid points, its just Flick and Fly have the most bad ass riffs on any AC/DC album, and Brian screaming his nuts off.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

Welcome Fred :)

Fillers on every record apart from Powerage and BIB.
    FOTS murders every record after it.
    Hello Jem...Fillers on LTBR? I can not find any...to make this album perfect masterpiece I would replace Problem Child from International version and Crabsody in Blue from the other one by Carry Me Home. They could do this, song existed that time...why problem child for the second time? mystery
    Posted By: crispyvenomits just Flick and Fly have the most bad ass riffs on any AC/DC album, and Brian screaming his nuts off.

Could be why he minces today, he's trying to shake'em back out of his lungs.

When they finally drop back into place,he'll set Mal straight and get back on lyrics.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

Go Down
    Crabsody In Blue

There's 2 fillers right there...
    Posted By: nitroangus23
    Posted By: crispyvenomits just Flick and Fly have the most bad ass riffs on any AC/DC album, and Brian screaming his nuts off.

Could be why he minces today, he's trying to shake'em back out of his lungs.

When they finally drop back into place,he'll set Mal straight and get back on lyrics.

Damn I am LOLing a lot on here today.

And I'm gonna get killed for this, but Overdose is totally filler on LTBR.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

That is just plain crazy talk :)

It might not be quite top tier, and in relation to the big 4 on LTBR there's not much that is, but Overdose is never never filler.
    Posted By: crispyvenomAnd I'm gonna get killed for this, but Overdose is totally filler on LTBR.

Looking for my gun now.... :)
    common guys :) Go Down and Overdose are killer tracks...they put new life to go down during VH-1 session I do love both versions
    Go Down is awesome period.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

It's fine: 6/10

It's not in my top 20 Bon.
    Posted By: JemIt's not in my top 20 Bon.

Maybe not,but that still doesn't knock it from being awesome.

Still a great tune.
    Jem..what is your number 1 in Bon's Top 20 I'm curious
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

Posted By: fredperrycommon guys :) Go Down and Overdose are killer tracks...they put new life to go down during VH-1 session I do love both versions

This man knows his stuff. Listen to him ladies, you may learn something.
    Take away half of the beginning so it doesn't take forever to get the song started and it would be rated much higher.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

Posted By: crispyvenomTake away half of the beginning so it doesn't take forever to get the song started and it would be rated much higher.

Thats the trouble when you're young Crispy, all a lad wants to do is just get there. As you get older you realise, taking time to enjoy the journey makes the whole trip much more fun.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

Gone Shootin', Fred.
    Jem, great ! BTW my English is not good enough to understand what Bon is saying before Gone Shootin in Columbus'78. He is talking for 1 minute but did not catch the whole thing. I wish to have the whole text :)
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

"Hey you heard about the new album huh? Powerage! One of our favourite tracks off this album is uh ... about a lady who took it upon herself to do whatever she wanted to do... I gotta tell you, gotta tell you... one second... we are on QFM96 ...oh yeah ... (something) ...I think your Mummy and your little sister can hear you at home so why don't you shout out for them...see we're having a good time tonight...my baby's gone shootin'..."
    woow :) thank you very much !!!!! Jem
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Jul 26th 2011

Posted By: JemGo Down
    Crabsody In Blue

Ban him.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jul 26th 2011

"Go Down" would be in my top 30, possibly 20 all time DC songs. Its what they were all about at the time, in every sense.
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Posted By: 56Century
    Posted By: JemGo Down
    Crabsody In Blue

Ban him.

I say we start a petition to get him banned. I already have quite a few signatures to be honest.
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Hang on, am I reading correctly? Jem has called Go Down filler?
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Posted By: bonlivesHang on, am I reading correctly? Jem has called Go Down filler?

Make him explain himself Bonlives, and if we aren't convinced. BAN HIM!!!!!
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

It's not the first time I have said it. Is it top notch prime AC/DC, no. Is it fairly run of the mill basic r'n'r riffage with less than Bon's usual lyrical genius, yes. Does it pale beside the other tracks on the record, yes. Filler in my book.
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Utter bollocks once more from you there mate, but before Bonlives boots your arse outt a here, allow me to riposte. This song is a stone cold classic, and if it pales at all it's only cause it sits next to of 3 or 4 of the bands greatest ever numbers on LTBR. As for "Bon's usual lyrical genius"

"You got the touch that I need so much in your finger tips
    I got the honey that you love to taste, on those lovely lips"

Given the context of the song, genius doesn't even come close. And don't even get me started on the whole "Ooooh baby rub it on...." orgasm section. This whole song isn't just about a blow job, it's being sung by a man while he gets a blow job.

Now ban his arse.
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Posted By: PodUtter bollocks once more from you there mate, but before Bonlives boots your arse outt a here, allow me to riposte. This song is a stone cold classic, and if it pales at all it's only cause it sits next to of 3 or 4 of the bands greatest ever numbers on LTBR. As for "Bon's usual lyrical genius"

"You got the touch that I need so much in your finger tips
    I got the honey that you love to taste, on those lovely lips"

Given the context of the song, genius doesn't even come close. And don't even get me started on the whole "Ooooh baby rub it on...." orgasm section. This whole song isn't just about a blow job, it's being sung by a man while he gets a blow job.

Now ban his arse.

For a start those lyrics are weak, the second line actually makes no sense.

Secondly 'stone cold classic'?

WLR is a stone cold classic, HTH is a SCC, STT is a SCC. Go Down is nowhere near that level. Shirley?
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

What doesn't make sense in those lyrics?
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

He can't have the honey and not have it.

Isn't it "and those lovely lips.." ?
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Eh? I definitely hear "on those lovely lips" and I don't get what your saying about having and not having the honey. He sings "I got the honey that you love to taste, on those lovely lips" clearly stating he has got the 'honey'. As for meaning, it couldn't be simpler. Bon is somply stating the he has ejaculate that his lady friend (Ruby, Mary, whoever) finds very tasty. The inference being, she likes the taste so she should feel free to commit felatio on him. What part is causing trouble?
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Ah :)
    •  
    • Jul 26th 2011

Still filler.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jul 27th 2011

Because a song is not as strong as the big songs on an album, doesn't make it a filler. Fillers are songs that have obviously been thrown together musically and lyrically and Go Down is far from that. As Pod says, Bon is real clever with this one and the breakdown section musically is golden! It fits the album perfectly for my money, and makes the album one of those that has no fillers. Even Crabsody in blue has its place, carrying on the tradition of The Jack and Big Balls.
    •  
    • Jul 27th 2011 edited

Big Balls is throwaway for me.

I don't think Go Down is as good as any song on Powerage, maybe one on HTH, 2 on TNT, 1 on LTBR, etc

It's a slightly better TGBSR type song. It belongs on DDDDC. The Bon eras 2nd weakest record. It would slot in about 4th or 5th 'best'.
    Don't be dissing anything from Pod's favourite album, you know how touchy he gets whenanyone ever disagrees with him. Mind, on this one Jem you are half wrong (agree about CIB) Go Down is fucking killer. If I'm being honest it beats anything post FTATR. If we get an album of 10 Go Down's next then I'll be a very happy man indeed.
    •  
    • Jul 28th 2011

Posted By: JemAh :)
    I can't believe you couldn't figure that out! And you're a teacher aren't you?
    •  
    • Jul 28th 2011

I'd always heard..."and..."
    •  
    • Jul 28th 2011

Posted By: bonlives
    I can't believe you couldn't figure that out! And you're a teacher aren't you?

Clearly not an English teacher. Probably P.E.
    •  
    • Jul 28th 2011 edited

Posted By: Pod
    Posted By: bonlives
    Probably P.E.

I am enough of an English teacher to know that is not a sentence :)