To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Saw Rival Sons supported by the excellent Sheepdogs in Newcastle on the opening night of the Feral Roots tour about 12 days ago and they literally blew the roof of the place. Third time I’ve seen them and by far this was the best. The frontman Jay Buchanan was brilliant, what a voice. The new album is their best by some distance but needs “listening” to properly. Strongly recommended.

Check them out
    I haven't really gotten into the Rival Sons based off of the videos on the "Today I'm Mostly Listening to" thread. I have recently gotten Spotify (with some nudging from my kids who wanted the family premium package). I will have to look into them a little more in depth.

The Sheepdogs that Carlos mentions are a wonderful band. I've really gotten into them lately. I like their slightly Allman Brothers vibe. I've also recently gotten into Uncle Acid & the Deadbeat and their new album Wasteland. Too bad the production takes away from their otherwise excellent riffs and music. Of course, Greta Van Fleet have really stormed into my life. Someone else on another thread mentioned listening to a new band yet feeling like they already knew the music. That's been my experience with Greta Van Fleet.

I'm also flirting with a band called "The People, The Poet", which have a strong Bruce Springsteen vibe to them. Their "A Short Obsession With Time" is worthy of attention.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Mar 18th 2019 edited

Oldie but a goodie. Wow. (You can start at the 1:45 mark)

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 6th 2019 edited

Posted By: carlos fandangoSaw Rival Sons supported by the excellent Sheepdogs in Newcastle on the opening night of the Feral Roots tour about 12 days ago and they literally blew the roof of the place. Third time I’ve seen them and by far this was the best. The frontman Jay Buchanan was brilliant, what a voice. The new album is their best by some distance but needs “listening” to properly. Strongly recommended.

Check them out

Agreed. Saw them last week (my second time). Sheepdogs were fun. Rival Sons were incredible. I was a little worried at first because Jay's voice seem to crack during the first song, but then he warmed up and quickly was on fire. Those guys put on a show that every rock fan should see (and other bands should go see them too). Jay gives 110%. Leaves nothing in reserve. Scott Holiday screams on guitar, and brings out about a dozen of them during the show.

Go see Rival Sons if you can. You will not be disappointed.

I keep on coming back their to latest album, I've said it before and I'll say it again - its brilliant. Its got staying power and just great songs on it.