To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

http://www.soccer24-...

ROCK legend Malcolm Young was the special guest of Rangers today for the SPL title party.
    The AC/DC rhythm guitarist made the trip with son Ross to be at Ibrox for the trophy presentation after the final match of the season with Motherwell.
    And he met up with delighted assistant boss Ally McCoist, who is a huge AC/DC fan and went to see the band live at Hampden last summer.

Malcolm and brother Angus are massive Rangers fans and have been following the team since their early days in the Cranhill area of Glasgow before the family emigrated to Australia. And he happily accepted printed Rangers shirts for Angus and himself. It was Malcolm's first visit to Ibrox since the late 1970s when he and Angus watched an Old Firm clash and he was delighted to be back.

He told rangers.co.uk: "It's fantastic to be back at Ibrox. Coming down the tunnel and going onto the pitch was amazing.
    "It's a long time since I was last here. I remember Angus and me came to watch a Celtic game and, of course, we won 2-1.
    "We've always been Rangers fans and it's great to bring my son Ross along to watch the match.
    "Everyone in our family have been Rangers fans since I can remember so this is a special day for me."
    McCoist was like a star-struck kid when the met the rock star and told Malcolm how he first saw AC/DC at the old Glasgow Apollo back in 1977.
    He said: "You have no idea what this means to me! It's sensational to meet Malcolm and it's brilliant that he is here on the day we get the title."

AC/DC are one of the biggest rock acts in the world. They were the biggest selling band on the globe with 2008 on the back of the Black Ice album.
    A compilation of AC/DC classics also makes up the soundtrack of the new smash hit movie Iron Man 2.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 24th 2010

Good find fella!

How old was Ally in '77....about 10?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • May 24th 2010

McCoist is about 47/48 now so wouldve been about 15 or so at the time.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Akenny01
    • May 24th 2010

haha only thing wrong is it says angus on the shirt not malcolm or young lol,
    Im an irish Arsenal fan, but always liked a bit of rangers due to AC/DC haha
    Akenny01: Yeah I know! But I'm sure the one with his name was underneath it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 24th 2010

thats just lost them their catholic following
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • May 24th 2010

Funny you say that, because I've been told I need to support Celtic whenever they play Rangers... so....

•  
    • May 24th 2010

you dont need to support anyone,
    religion shouldnt come into it,but it does,
    one team despises the other for their religious beliefs
    CELTIC catholic
    RANGERS protestant

its just one of those things.

and showing your loyalties to one side,can prejudice some fans
    i no nothing of this but when we went to hampden to see AC/DC i remember one scotish fan stating
    "ahh fuck im not going in the finian end"

as i say im no expert on this football/religious thing
    maybe someone casn explain

but i always feel .......better not to get involved
    bigotry in football is a fucking joke. Wankers
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Landslide
    • May 24th 2010

.......I can't express how much I don't give a shit about football.
    LS - how dare you! Love my football, and I must admit, I'm a bit of a Rangers fan.
    •  
    • May 25th 2010 edited

didnt mean to post ,sorry
    •  
    • May 25th 2010

Haha, I'm not afraid to say it even though guys not liking football seems to be a crime in this country.
    •  
    • May 25th 2010

You're in for a nice Summer Landslide. Only 64 matches over a 6 week period to avoid.
    Landslide can join the grumpy room as well
    •  
    • May 25th 2010

The grumpy Gang is expanding faster than my waistline during bar-be-que season.
    •  
    • May 25th 2010

I wouldn't mind joining the grumpy room. Nuts to all this football malarkey, it's a load of nonsense.
    •  
    • May 25th 2010

That comment just bought you a year long subscription my friend.
    free as well...just as long as you don't mind the young 'uns now thinking that your our mate
    •  
    • May 25th 2010 edited

I don't have mates. Just people I dislike that tiny bit less after I've had a few drinks.
    •  
    • May 25th 2010

Sod years subscription. Life membership for that one.
    lmao...he's the president, chairman, prime minister of the grumpy fuckers association
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 25th 2010

Had my first little bit of excitement yesterday about the world cup. Saw an advert which had a flash of Holland and Argentina, two countries that always remind me of my first world cup in '78. Biggest sporting event in the world. Weeks of beer, crisps and screaming abuse at the TV screen. And less stressful than the Rugby World Cup. Bring it on.