[ Sign In | Register ]

One of my absolute favorite ACDC moments in general.

Starting at 2:13, the music slows down a bit, then it builds until Angus just bursts into this brilliant solo with a roaring guitar tone. Then, at 2:39, Brian's "YEAH" and the following 15 seconds is one of the best things I've ever heard - period. Rudd's thumping mixed with Mal's rhythm and Angus' marvelously bluesy soloing/guitar tone is orgasmic. The entirety of the song isn't as amazing, but fuck me if this part doesn't make me wanna listen to it over and over.
    I love this song.

One of those hidden gems.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Nov 22nd 2019

Phil on that bass drum. RIG
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: TheRudder
    • Nov 22nd 2019

This is why AC/DC is my favourite band. That capacity of turning up and down the intensity... and when you think they gave all they had... there's always more! In almost all songs there's a point around half the song where.. they turn up the intensity, they seems to say "ok, stop joking now, let's get serious"
    Greatest band of all times
    It's funny that when the album came out I didn't like this song much. Now it's one of my favourite on SUL. It overstays its welcome a little (slightly too long in the final part) but still it's a great song and the middle part is quite unusual for them and well-thought. Solo section also is nice.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 22nd 2019

Posted By: Venom InjectorIt's funny that when the album came out I didn't like this song much. Now it's one of my favourite on SUL. It overstays its welcome a little (slightly too long in the final part) but still it's a great song and the middle part is quite unusual for them and well-thought. Solo section also is nice.
    I can relate to this. Still the song could have better ended at 3:10. And Brian is not on top of his game on this one. Too strained. Lyrics are crap.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 22nd 2019

Posted By: ThankassLyrics are crap.

LoL..

I'm one who really likes the arrangement, with the breakdown and the way it goes on a while near the end.

The song overall, I don't find the verse sections that great, though they're not bad, but the rest is pretty cool. And I agree with the o/p, great solo section.
    • AC/DC rock music: Richraff
    • Nov 22nd 2019

Nice post!
    Had a listen to that for the first time in ages and I've only just noticed that he does that pickup selector wobble thing from 3:50 (like he does at the start of the Hail Caesar breakdown).
    Sorry skip it’s a nothing song
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Nov 23rd 2019

Classic guitar solo from Angus. Short and sweet. In the right place, with a nice buildup. That tremolo picking he does before launching into the solo proper is like the snarl before the lunge.
    Lyrically, well we know but I love that solo. It is blistering
    I love SUL, a latter day classic.
    • AC/DC rock music: SAU3R
    • Nov 25th 2019

One of my favoruites on SUL together with the title track and Satellite Blues

SUL ist criminally underrated
    •  
    • Nov 25th 2019 edited

Posted By: tomscotlandI love SUL, a latter day classic.

Posted By: SAU3ROne of my favoruites on SUL together with the title track and Satellite Blues

SUL ist criminally underrated

Uh-oh, we've got a bit of an SUL lovefest gathering pace. Let's brace ourselves for someone bursting in like the Kook-Aid Man to tell us how shite the album in fact actually is.

That person will not be me, though. I also love this album.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 25th 2019

Posted By: BrianyUh-oh, we've got a bit of an SUL lovefest gathering pace. Let's brace ourselves for someone bursting in like the Kook-Aid Man to tell us how shite the album in fact actually is.

LoL, who the fuck is the Kook-Aid Man?

As for SUL, some love it, some dislike it. I'm in the middle, it's 50% great, 50% a bit lame.
    I love the end of Meltdown where they all fall down the stairs.
    •  
    • Nov 26th 2019

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: BrianyUh-oh, we've got a bit of an SUL lovefest gathering pace. Let's brace ourselves for someone bursting in like the Kook-Aid Man to tell us how shite the album in fact actually is.

LoL, who the fuck is the Kook-Aid Man?

As for SUL, some love it, some dislike it. I'm in the middle, it's 50% great, 50% a bit lame.

Ha-ha. He loves the Kooks and wants to help them write songs.

Anyway, I meant Kool-Aid Man.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 26th 2019

NOT SHITE.
    SUL could have been a great later day AC/DC platter if they had bothered to have any hooks on it.
    Posted By: Richraff
    Had a listen to that for the first time in ages and I've only just noticed that he does that pickup selector wobble thing from 3:50 (like he does at the start of the Hail Caesar breakdown).

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen any other guitarist do that. It's a clever little trick and gives a slight wah effect.
    • AC/DC rock music: Richraff
    • Nov 29th 2019

If you turn the tone down to minimum on the neck pickup and up full on the bridge, that wah effect can get quite pronounced.
    Like you say, I've never seen anyone else do it.