[ Sign In | Register ]

Any thoughts?
    Kiss II
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Nov 19th 2019

What if dogs lick us because they know we have bones inside and they want them.
    Any thoughts? I don't care to be honest. It does however repel me that Motley Crue not a long time ago proclaimed that they would retire forever and lo and behold they are going touring again. It seems dishonest to me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Nov 19th 2019

eeeuuurrgghhhhhh !!!!!!
    Also,,,these bands need to co-bill stadium gigs which proves that there is no chance that they could sell out stadiums by themselves. Def Leppard has sold 100 million albums, but can't bill a stadium alone.

This gives us an idea of how popular AC/DC really are and therefore it would be a huge loss if AC/DC just retires.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Nov 19th 2019

Saw Motley Crue with Def Leppard 7 or 8 years ago. Motley Crue is the worst band I have ever seen live. Over-reliance on pyros, video imagery of sexy women and drum kit on a rollercoaster was particularly embarrassing, especially when they made a big deal of getting a punter up who was fairly nonplussed by the experience.

But musically, they were sloppy, bad vocals.

Leppard was decent but not sure I'd go again.
    Saw Motley 2 times, first one in 2005 was very good, second time in 2012 was funny but Vince wasn't in good shape already. I doubt I'd go this time if they tour Europe, but I never saw Poison and I'm mildly curious. Never cared too much for Def Leppard. Who's headlining btw?
    Saw crue on last tour and it wasn't very good , the band was ok but Vince was so out of breath I actually felt sorry for him , plus the non stop explosions were a bit much , never saw leppard or poison nor did I ever care too but leppard sticking with Rick Allen is a testament to there loyalty to each other
    I can't see these 3 bands filling stadiums unless tix were cheap
    In the states there is only a handful of rock bands that can fill stadiums , Metallica , acdc, gnr , foo fighters then bands like phish and pearl jam throw a few baseball stadiums in the mix but even kiss and maiden stick to arenas here
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Nov 19th 2019

Posted By: sfadden30In the states there is only a handful of rock bands that can fill stadiums , Metallica , acdc, gnr , foo fighters then bands like phish and pearl jam throw a few baseball stadiums in the mix but even kiss and maiden stick to arenas here

AC/DC is arenas also. But maybe with a "final" tour...
    Yeah but the last 2 tours they did some big stadiums here in states as well as Canada
    Foxboro , east Rutherford ' Detroit , la , San Fran all 50k
    Montreal , Toronto , Edmonton , Vancouver , Moncton etc all 50k plus
    If only a few dates for a " last tour " I can see those same cities maybe a few in south as well like Atlanta , Orlando , Dallas or Houston
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 20th 2019

I saw Del Lep at Donington when Rick Allen made his comeback, that was pretty cool. They were quite a solid rock band back then, becoming more commercial but not yet fully popped-out. I'm not too keen on Phil Collen's solos but not their fault Steve Clarke was lost. Joe is still a good singer, his voice has had its ups and downs as with many of these guys.

I can't take Motley Crue too seriously but might be fun to check out the women. As for Poison - LoL. In one of my old bands we'd do the intro to Unskinny Bop just to take the piss...all the glam rockers would push through to the front with big, gormless grins - they knew we were taking the piss but enjoyed that anyway.
    Meanstreak: What was the point of your statement?:

"Also,,,these bands need to co-bill stadium gigs which proves that there is no chance that they could sell out stadiums by themselves. Def Leppard has sold 100 million albums, but can't bill a stadium alone."

A lot of tours are made up of multiple acts. It's cost effective and the financial yields are very substantial.
    Posted By: LondonOntarioMeanstreak: What was the point of your statement?:

"Also,,,these bands need to co-bill stadium gigs which proves that there is no chance that they could sell out stadiums by themselves. Def Leppard has sold 100 million albums, but can't bill a stadium alone."

A lot of tours are made up of multiple acts. It's cost effective and the financial yields are very substantial.

I don't entirely understand your question. The point is quite evident? These bands by their own do not draw pundits to be able to play stadiums. They are not that big bands compared to e.g. U2, Rolling Stones and AC/DC. That's why they co-bill stadium gigs. Yes, it is cost effective and profitable to play stadiums, even when dividing the revenues among three bands.
    Maybe you were just stating the obvious. Def Leppard's from England, by the way.

This is horrible Vince Neil sounds horrible. Brian even sounded better on ROB tour with his hearing problems. The only reason why this performance is saved is because the other 3 at least sound decent. I saw that MC fans are worried about Vince Neils health for this upcoming tour
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 20th 2019

^I've hardly listened to any Motley Crue in my entire life, just never been interested. But - I don't find that too bad at all!

900: BANNED.
    Posted By: Meanstreak

I don't entirely understand your question. The point is quite evident? These bands by their own do not draw pundits to be able to play stadiums. They are not that big bands compared to e.g. U2, Rolling Stones and AC/DC. That's why they co-bill stadium gigs. Yes, it is cost effective and profitable to play stadiums, even when dividing the revenues among three bands.

You mean that the bands you mention are bigger drawers than MC, DL. In this case the bands mentioned above are also a lot better with a more respectable legacy than those in the topic line. However mostly I don't think there's a direct correlation between how much a band can draw and how good they are. A lot of my favourite bands have been playing clubs for 30+ years and are great nonetheless.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Nov 21st 2019

Seen Def Leppard play right from the beginning up until this year at Download, including the Rick Allen comeback.

They have some SUPERB songs in their armoury, and if they were to choose the right setlist (like they did on their Hysteria tour warm up gig at the Hammy), they could put on a hell of a show.
    But they do need to lose that cheesy, taking yourself too seriously "polish" that they display at their gigs. It is nauseating, and more Spinal Tap than Spinal Tap!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Nov 21st 2019

Can't speak for Poison or Leppard but i'm not gonna see Crüe again. Saw the twice on their "last tour". It was good. Liked much of the show, thought the pyro and rollerdrums were great. Vince sucked ass but hey, i'm not a hardcore fan so i could live with it . But man, coming back after how they went out. Jesus! Be a fucking man and stand by your word. Have some dignity for fuck's sake!
    Posted By: Jet1984Can't speak for Poison or Leppard but i'm not gonna see Crüe again. Saw the twice on their "last tour". It was good. Liked much of the show, thought the pyro and rollerdrums were great. Vince sucked ass but hey, i'm not a hardcore fan so i could live with it . But man, coming back after how they went out. Jesus! Be a fucking man and stand by your word. Have some dignity for fuck's sake!

Agreed. They're into a shitstorm right now, but I bet my balls that in the end everybody will go out and see 'em. It goes like that with all big bands, for 1000 people that say "fuck this" there's other 1000 that will go to the show regardless.
    They said way too much about how they would never come back when they did the contract and now that their over ruling it they look like a bunch of dumbasses who are full of shit. Cringe worthy reading back to when the contract was announced honestly.

I am not against a band wanting to carry on after the fact, however Vince has been so spotty live that I don't have any interest in seeing it really. If Vince was in top form or even close...I would be behind it a lot more,but when they're more or less shit, I don't see the point.

In this situation I think it's pretty lame really. They haven't been gone that long and The Dirt was "okay" but it sure didn't make me hope they would return.

More power to people who want it though.
    Posted By: nitroangus23They said way too much about how they would never come back when they did the contract and now that their over ruling it they look like a bunch of dumbasses who are full of shit. Cringe worthy reading back to when the contract was announced honestly.

I am not against a band wanting to carry on after the fact, however Vince has been so spotty live that I don't have any interest in seeing it really. If Vince was in top form or even close...I would be behind it a lot more,but when they're more or less shit, I don't see the point.

In this situation I think it's pretty lame really. They haven't been gone that long and The Dirt was "okay" but it sure didn't make me hope they would return.

More power to people who want it though.

I feel the same. It's too bad Vince let himself go like that. If he kept in shape his voice would probably get better too, besides the looks. He wouldn't look that bad at all for his age if he wasn't that bloated.
    In studio he still sounds alright,in fact "The Dirt" song he sounded great I thought.

Live though, Jesus.
    Posted By: nitroangus23In studio he still sounds alright,in fact "The Dirt" song he sounded great I thought.

Live though, Jesus.

He does, even if on "Saints Of Los Angeles" vocals were really over-produced. I listened to the "The Dirt" ost songs and he sounds ok, but the tunes were pretty uninspired though.
    • AC/DC rock music: Mike206
    • Nov 24th 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23In studio he still sounds alright,in fact "The Dirt" song he sounded great I thought.

Live though, Jesus.

I was pleasantly surprised by "The Dirt" ... Vince sounds fine ... Mick's playing is excellent (hair metal or not I think he's a legitimate player) ... really, it sounds like like they all just walked out of 1985 ... I'd be more interested in an album than the tour, but I'll probably go see it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Nov 24th 2019

The Who is touring as well (though only in the UK and the US), go see them instead.
    •  
    • Nov 24th 2019

Posted By: Mike206

Live though, Jesus.

I was pleasantly surprised by "The Dirt" ... Vince sounds fine ... Mick's playing is excellent (hair metal or not I think he's a legitimate player) ... really, it sounds like like they all just walked out of 1985 ... I'd be more interested in an album than the tour, but I'll probably go see it.

Mick Mars is great! I'd be very interested in his solo album if it ever comes out.

The Dirt was one of the dumbest movies I've seen. Not the worst, but just dumb. Mildly entertaining for a while and then just ready to turn the channel.
    •  
    • Nov 24th 2019 edited

And regarding the tour:

Home Sweet Home

Love Bites

Every Rose Has It's Thorn

No thanks.

Maybe if they were playing Shout At The Devil and High And Dry in full. That could be cool.
    Posted By: Mike206

Live though, Jesus.

Indeed I only liked the one song of those "new ones" but it sounded very much like classic Crue.

Would rather have an album also, if they're gonna whore out a tour at least they could push out some more new tracks.

Posted By: StarskyThe Who is touring as well (though only in the UK and the US), go see them instead.

Roger Daltrey still sounds damn good in studio and he's quite good live still, he has been having issues losing his voice from time to time over the years,but still the man is getting on in age. I would gladly go see The Who,no question. He puts a lot of younger front men to shame vocally.

The 3 songs from their upcoming release were an excellent surprise, they've got it still.
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Nov 25th 2019

This is a great idea and it gives those bands oportunity to play sold out stadiums.

AC∕DC and Rolling Stones could done this also if they gonna tour again.
    Both bands need long breaks up to several days between shows and they could cut down the set lists instead of playing more than 2 hours until they almost drop on stage.
    I am not going unless they add RATT, Cinderella ja Warrant to the bill!

Mick Mars rules, love his sound, Tommy is great too. But hey, how can Vince do another world tour, this was 5 years ago and it feels like he is going to explode and he ain't even singing all the words and using English;

And by god if Nikki Sixx is still telling that gay-knife story every single night.
    • AC/DC rock music: RuddOrBust
    • Nov 26th 2019 edited

Always liked Poison. Even their newer stuff sounds pretty good.

Can't beat the classic songs, though.

• AC/DC rock music: RuddOrBust
    • Nov 26th 2019 edited

Favorite Motley live show:

Also, Def Lep?
    Slightly off topic: Someone mentioned Cinderella. My advice is go out and buy the new Tom Keifer Band album instead of wasting your money on this tour. It's a great record, by far heavier than his first solo LP. It would've been the natural follow-up to Still Climbing, only better.
    • AC/DC rock music: peluso8
    • 7 days ago

https://www.blabberm...

Joan Jett is going to be touring with them as well
    I am quite surprised to see some quite serious comments about the decline of Motley Crue. I thought the whole point was they were knowingly shit from the start, a sort of joke band like Spinal Tap...?
    •  
    • 7 days ago

Posted By: Alex LebanonI am quite surprised to see some quite serious comments about the decline of Motley Crue. I thought the whole point was they were knowingly shit from the start, a sort of joke band like Spinal Tap...?

No, that's The Darkness you are thinking of.
    Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: Alex LebanonI am quite surprised to see some quite serious comments about the decline of Motley Crue. I thought the whole point was they were knowingly shit from the start, a sort of joke band like Spinal Tap...?

No, that's The Darkness you are thinking of.

There is something likeable about the Darkness though that redeems them - hence my deletion - unlike MC they do not come across as arrogant even if they are somewhat ridiculous. What makes me laugh about Motley Crue is they have this wild image but their music is so incredibly safe, tame and corporate - it sort of Van Halen meets the Stooges but without ANY of the power of those bands. Like, none.
    •  
    • 7 days ago edited

Posted By: Alex LebanonWhat makes me laugh about Motley Crue is they have this wild image but their music is so incredibly safe, tame and corporate - it sort of Van Halen meets the Stooges but without ANY of the power of those bands. Like, none.

True, but their "wild image" always came from their partying/groupie shenanigans, not from their music. By the third album they were doing power ballads and radio friendly rock like the rest of L.A.
    •  
    • 7 days ago edited

I was off Motley Crue after Shout At The Devil, but they still wrote some good tunes from time to time.

•  
    • 7 days ago

YES:

NO:

•  
    • 7 days ago edited

YES:

NO:

•  
    • 7 days ago

MAYBE:

NO:

•  
    • 7 days ago edited

YES:

YES:

YES (Joan Jett is still cool):

^I do like KSMH and the Dr Feelgood album benefits from heavier, meatier production, less pop and 80s. This track is decent, too:

Motley Crue is a joke band, for sure. Highly successful joke.
    Maybe they'll do a Wrigley field concert DVD?

July 2020
    07 - MIAMI, FL - Hard Rock Stadium
    09 - ORLANDO, FL - Camping World Stadium
    11 - CHARLOTTE, NC - Bank of America Stadium
    14 - ARLINGTON, TX - Globe Life Field
    15 - HOUSTON, TX - Minute Maid Park
    19 - SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Oracle Park
    23 - SAN DIEGO, CA - Petco Park
    25 - PHOENIX, AZ - State Farm Stadium
    August 2020
    09 - ATLANTA, GA - SunTrust Park
    11 - HERSHEY, PA - Hersheypark Stadium
    13 - BUFFALO, NY - New Era Field
    15 - PHILADELPHIA, PA - Citizens Bank Park
    16 - PITTSBURGH, PA - PNC Park
    18 - MILWAUKEE, WI - Miller Park
    20 - DETROIT, MI - Comerica Park
    22 - WASHINGTON DC - Nationals Park
    23 - FLUSHING, NY - Citi Field
    25 - BOSTON, MA - Fenway Park*
    28 - CHICAGO, IL - Wrigley Field
    30 - DENVER, CO - Coors Field
    September 2020
    02 - SEATTLE, WA - T-Mobile Park
    05 - LOS ANGELES, CA - SoFi Stadium
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • 6 days ago

Posted By: Alex Lebanon^I do like KSMH and the Dr Feelgood album benefits from heavier, meatier production, less pop and 80s. This track is decent, too:

AC/DC would have wished that TRE had sounded that way.
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: Alex Lebanon^I do like KSMH and the Dr Feelgood album benefits from heavier, meatier production, less pop and 80s. This track is decent, too:

AC/DC would have wished that TRE had sounded that way.

Especially the drums. Not a big fan of the drum sound on TRE.