[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Nov 18th 2019

More gigs with Angus, Brian, Cliff, Stevie, and Chris... or... no more AC/DC gigs ever?
    Good one Shoot.
    I will say thanks for the memory.
    Best rock band ever.
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Nov 18th 2019

More gigs 100%
    The guys in the band (whoever they are) and especially Angus know what their limits and abilities are and if it is time to continue or shelve it. If there is a decision to continue, I will stand behind them 100 percent. If they decide to call it quits I will respect that decision.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 18th 2019

More gigs, definitely.

But I'd actually prefer them to get back in the studio and finish what they worked on, improve it, add to it, make newer stuff etc. I probably won't get to see them again live but I'll be playing their records until I pop off.
    • AC/DC rock music: peluso8
    • Nov 18th 2019

more gigs
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Nov 18th 2019

More gigs. Can't say I'd be attending any of them though.
    More gigs.

I don’t like how Chris plays, but he does the job, and the best night of my life was seeing them in LA. Life’s too short to truly get worked up over trivial shit like that. All you miserable fuckers who want them to call it a day because of MUH PHIL can fuck off and be miserable somewhere else.

Now, if we’re talking them playing gigs with Rock n Roll Thunder in the set...
    More gigs 100%. I know it wouldn’t be the same without Mal and Rudd, but I’ve never gotten to see them, and getting to see Angus, Brian, and Cliff in real life mere yards from me would be transcendent
    Well, new gigs with the semi BIB lineup won´t happen, so...

I wish they had given Mutt Lange another go around the mid 90s era.
    I would give my hard earned to see that line up. As much as I do want to see Rudd redemption
    For me, it’s over. Even if there are gigs, I won’t go I don’t think. I made my peace with that after three gigs on the BI tour.
    More gigs
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 19th 2019

RoB was finishing it on an acceptable level, but they were already struggling due to age, especially Brian and Chris.
    And without Rudd and Mal it was already an ac/dc light.

So now 5 years older i think with that line up it will probably not live up to the high ac/dc standard anymore.
    So i'm good with it when no more gigs are coming.
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Nov 19th 2019

On a personal level I do not want them to tour anymore . ACDC is all about high energy rock n roll . I‘m not sure they can pull this off at this stage.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 19th 2019

Personally I wouldn't be sad if they would never play again live. I've seen 'em 7 times since 1996 (including two gigs with Axl) and seeing them an 8th time wouldn't change that much – except if it would be in a setting like Circus Krone in 2003 or if it would be a setlist with only obscure tracks. But that won't happen anyway. Plus I'm sick of stadium gigs with ticket prices of 120 bucks or more. For that money I can see atleast 10 club gigs of unknown bands that are much more fun than being in a stadium or on some field with 60.000 other people that are for the most part idiots.

On the other hand a last hurrah – even if it would be only one gig – to get both Brian and Phil a proper ending with the band would be nice. But more than the band going back together to play gigs I would like that they open the vaults and release whatever there is. I would buy pretty much anything, be it some stellar footage like Largo '81, the tour film from late '76/early '77 in Australia, Vancouver 2018, Bondi '77, Brian's audition, demos, studio outtakes ecc.
    Posted By: savsavOn a personal level I do not want them to tour anymore . ACDC is all about high energy rock n roll . I‘m not sure they can pull this off at this stage.

I'm a bit like this too. I really don't want to see Angus in the suit looking like he did on the BI cover artwork. Or Brian struggling to hit notes/remember lyrics anything like last two tours. All 4/5 years older and age is a cunt. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Nov 19th 2019

I'd rather have them quit than do this:

• Nov 19th 2019

Posted By: ianbigmacI'm a bit like this too. I really don't want to see Angus in the suit looking like he did on the BI cover artwork. Or Brian struggling to hit notes/remember lyrics anything like last two tours. All 4/5 years older and age is a cunt. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

They've made it awkward by always playing same set, and hence they'd be loath to drop certain songs now. But I feel sure that if they did a very small tour, spaced out, and a sensible set without any really difficult ones for Brian, he'd surprise people yet again. I think he can still sing most of the songs well when his voice is rested. There are not that many songs really difficult for him, but they're not really ones the band would drop.
    More gigs - The ROB lineup was fine, and I've yet to see them in a general admission setting.
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: ianbigmacI'm a bit like this too. I really don't want to see Angus in the suit looking like he did on the BI cover artwork. Or Brian struggling to hit notes/remember lyrics anything like last two tours. All 4/5 years older and age is a cunt. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

They've made it awkward by always playing same set, and hence they'd be loath to drop certain songs now. But I feel sure that if they did a very small tour, spaced out, and a sensible set without any really difficult ones for Brian, he'd surprise people yet again. I think he can still sing most of the songs well when his voice is rested. There are not that many songs really difficult for him, but they're not really ones the band would drop.

I hope your right 900
    Posted By: RoccoPersonally I wouldn't be sad if they would never play again live. I've seen 'em 7 times since 1996 (including two gigs with Axl) and seeing them an 8th time wouldn't change that much – except if it would be in a setting like Circus Krone in 2003 or if it would be a setlist with only obscure tracks. But that won't happen anyway. Plus I'm sick of stadium gigs with ticket prices of 120 bucks or more. For that money I can see atleast 10 club gigs of unknown bands that are much more fun than being in a stadium or on some field with 60.000 other people that are for the most part idiots.

On the other hand a last hurrah – even if it would be only one gig – to get both Brian and Phil a proper ending with the band would be nice. But more than the band going back together to play gigs I would like that they open the vaults and release whatever there is. I would buy pretty much anything, be it some stellar footage like Largo '81, the tour film from late '76/early '77 in Australia, Vancouver 2018, Bondi '77, Brian's audition, demos, studio outtakes ecc.

I second all that!
    Also, BI and ROB tours was nearly impossible to get tickets around here due to secondary ticketing and all that shit with insane prices and even if you managed, you couldn't even get nearer to the stage unless you paid hundreds of euros to access special areas. If I have to end up watching the band on the big screens from a mile, I'd rather stay home.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Nov 19th 2019

I am certainly not one of the purists on this site. I would even pay money to hear Axl squeak his way through the songs again. For me its about the lights, the crowd, the cannons, the bell, that fat bitch Rosie, drinking beer and chilling out. Would love to see that big swinging ballbreaker ball again even. AC/DC will always get my $100 or whatever for any old show.

But I do respect the other views. If I could turn back the clock and go to my first ever gig (Fly tour)...holy shit...that would be better than anything. As someone above said, age is a cunt....I am determined to have as much fun as possible before the reaper finally gets me.
    They're done. No more.
    • Nov 20th 2019

I'm a bit like this too. I really don't want to see Angus in the suit looking like he did on the BI cover artwork. Or Brian struggling to hit notes/remember lyrics anything like last two tours. All 4/5 years older and age is a cunt. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Yes, for me it would be awkward watching Angus and co trying to tour . I cannot see them pulling of anywhere near the intensity required for an AC\DC show . I suppose it will depend on Angus’s definition of what “cutting the Mustard “ means .
    With all due respect, I don't get it what Angus' looks on the cover of BI has anything to do with his ability to perform. On that tour he did great, also on the RoB tour.
    • Nov 20th 2019

Angus was remarkable on the last tour. I don't know how long he can keep that up, but he was great. Sometimes he seems really 'old' due to his appearance, he's aged a lot and obviously egged-out ages ago, but his energy level was a surprise to me. I enjoy some of the better YouTube videos from the tour - he looked invigorated.
    • Nov 20th 2019

I agree Angus was great on the last tour .Probably had more energy than the BI tour . I’m not sure Angus would be the main issue if they did manage to tour again . I just think as a full band it would be difficult to get things anywhere near .
    • Nov 20th 2019

Posted By: savsavI just think as a full band it would be difficult to get things anywhere near .

Imagine a slightly shorter set full of songs like Gone Shootin', Sin City, Highway To Hell, Stiff Upper Lip... the ones with a more laid-back feel, nothing too intense... they could do it, but it's that mindset of always having done same thing over and over. There are stacks of songs like this which they could still thump out...
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Nov 20th 2019

Imagine a slightly shorter set full of songs like Gone Shootin', Sin City, Highway To Hell, Stiff Upper Lip... the ones with a more laid-back feel, nothing too intense... they could do it,. There are stacks of songs like this which they could still thump out...

That would be cool. A downscaled, laid back jeans and t-shirt show.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Nov 20th 2019

if angus announces anything.....the "powers that be" will organise stadiums $$$$$$$$$$$....promo trips $$$$$$$$$$$, festival dates $$$$$$$$$$$$, new merchandise $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i wonder where the buck stops ?...and with who ?
    • Nov 21st 2019

Imagine a slightly shorter set full of songs like Gone Shootin', Sin City, Highway To Hell, Stiff Upper Lip... the ones with a more laid-back feel, nothing too intense... they could do it, but it's that mindset of always having done same thing over and over. There are stacks of songs like this which they could still thump out...

Haha , I have been imagining this sort of set for years ! It would be fantastic ( depending on the line up) . Unfortunately the mindset is BIB TS HB and so on . Poor Brian has half killed himself singing some of the songs over the last few years with no sign of dropping them .

Anyway I sound a little negative regarding the band of late but it’s not intentional .
    • Nov 21st 2019

Posted By: savsavHaha , I have been imagining this sort of set for years ! It would be fantastic ( depending on the line up) . Unfortunately the mindset is BIB TS HB and so on . Poor Brian has half killed himself singing some of the songs over the last few years with no sign of dropping them .

Anyway I sound a little negative regarding the band of late but it’s not intentional .

Yep, they could keep Back In Black - Brian has some insane ability to always do that one justice - but drop the other harder ones. But I guess that won't happen.
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: savsavHaha , I have been imagining this sort of set for years ! It would be fantastic ( depending on the line up) . Unfortunately the mindset is BIB TS HB and so on . Poor Brian has half killed himself singing some of the songs over the last few years with no sign of dropping them .

Yep, they could keep Back In Black - Brian has some insane ability to always do that one justice - but drop the other harder ones. But I guess that won't happen.

I'd keep Thunderstruck but as an opener, if later down the setlist he's too worn out to do it justice.
    • Nov 21st 2019

Posted By: thevardinatorI'd keep Thunderstruck but as an opener, if later down the setlist he's too worn out to do it justice.

The whole thing about that song, with the droning B chords, is that the vocal carries it - the vocal absolutely makes it. So although Brian made an effort to change how he did it, I reckon it would sound better if he still went for sustaining the notes, but a lower note in the scale, so he can manage it. There's only one note that would really work without going too low and that would to work the melodies around an Eb instead of the F#. Would sound a bit different but would keep the feel of the song. As it has been the last few tours, it doesn't quite work.

All that said, if it were first song, I still think he could have done it on last two tours, as technically he can still reach and sustain those notes - evidence of that on the HV breakdown.
    Posted By: savsav

Haha , I have been imagining this sort of set for years ! It would be fantastic ( depending on the line up) . Unfortunately the mindset is BIB TS HB and so on . Poor Brian has half killed himself singing some of the songs over the last few years with no sign of dropping them .

In this regard, the BB tour was great with songs like Girls Got Rhythm, Dog Eat Dog, Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, 4 tracks from BB and the occasional twist (Down Payment Blues, Who Made Who). The 2000 and 2003 shows also had great surprises (Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be, If You Want Blood (You've Got It), Rock 'n' Roll Damnation, Bad Boy Boogie, What's Next to the Moon, Gone Shootin', Get It Hot, Meltdown, Sin City). Afterwards the "less-known" songs got less and less, except the Axl tour when they exhumed some cool stuff but didn't really pull it off well for a number of factors. They should really start to play some of the stuff they like best, they would fill up stadiums anyway. The casuals would go anyway since seeing AC/DC these days is some sort of status-symbol, regardless of which songs they play. There are only 5-6 mandatory songs for the casuals (BIB, HTH, WLR, YSMANL, TS, maybe FTATR) but the rest is debatable imo.
    I loved hearing UTMNIY on the SUL tour.
    Posted By: tomscotlandI loved hearing UTMNIY on the SUL tour.

Ditto. Milton Keynes
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Nov 29th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandI loved hearing UTMNIY on the SUL tour.

In all my years watching the boys live, the beginning of this song at Milton Keynes is one of the most memorable. I swear a little part of my throat is still damaged from that moment!
    Would you rather see ACDC reunite with Dave Evans for a 425 date tour or to see Pam Andersons bazookas in all glory live for 5 minutes.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 29th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Would you rather see ACDC reunite with Dave Evans for a 425 date tour or to see Pam Andersons bazookas in all glory live for 5 minutes.

How about Dave's bazookas in all glory?
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2Would you rather see ACDC reunite with Dave Evans for a 425 date tour or to see Pam Andersons bazookas in all glory live for 5 minutes.

How about Dave's bazookas in all glory?

Well I left that out as it didnt seem like an realistic option.
    More giggity.
    Last show for me was Vegas 2016! 5 shoes before Brian was axed.
    It was a fantastic memory and for me, I’d like new music, and one more show with the fab 5! End it proper.
    Depends... It's not just simply black and white for me. If the lads can get together and put something reasonable together on-stage then by all means I'd love to see them live again. No they may not be as good live as they were 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago but as long as they put on a good live show then I'd be keen to see the lads perform again.
    But... If fucking Axl is the lead singer then sorry for me personally that's a bridge too far, I just couldn't bare seeing a live show without Brian out the front belting out the vocals. For me only Bon and Brian would feel right and sadly one of those lads has passed away long ago so Brian it must be or I'm out.
    I'm not too bothered as to who is on drums, yes I much prefer Phil Rudd on drums but I'm fine with Slade, he gets the job done and he's been there over the years when needed so you have to respect that, and he's certainly a decent drummer.
    So if the stars align and Brian, Angus, Steve, Cliff and Phil or Slade are there then yes I'll be there with bells on! :-)

Pam by a mile