[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 15th 2019

There's going to be released a book about the legendary Bondi Lifsaver. AC/DC played a lot of shows there in the 70s. Cliff for example played his first ever show with the band there although they were billed as The Seedies and Live Wire International Act because Cliff didn't have a working visa and so they didn't wanted
    to be billed as AC/DC so the authorities wouldn't take notice.

http://www.thebondil...
    Ooh, I didn't know that story about Cliff.

Did some research on H2ACDC - they played 13 gigs there in total, 9 of which were in '75, and 2 in '76 and '77 respectively. Those 2 in '77 were Cliff's first and second gigs, and they were back to back.

And I see that they weren't billed as ACDC -

petition to change the name to "?fans.net"
    Anyone know which show exactly this was from? It’s supposedly from 1977 but was this Cliffs first show? Btw this version of SGB is fantastic

• Nov 16th 2019

Posted By: Jake VitaleAnyone know which show exactly this was from? It’s supposedly from 1977 but was this Cliffs first show? Btw this version of SGB is fantastic

I think I've read somewhere that it was indeed his first show.
    I would not be so sure about the release of the book. It is self-funded via Kickstarter campaign; not going to be in the bookstores (as author said, due to their 70% markup). 10 days to go and still only 2/3rds funded.

I think the main problem is that he ships the book only to Australia, USA, UK and a few other countries (no Germany surprisingly).

Bottom line is - if you want the book, preorder now or you might miss out.

https://www.kickstar...
    She's Got Balls apparently wasn't played at the Bondi Lifesaver in 1977 according to the set lists you can access on line. But then again the set lists may not be complete.

They did play it in 1976 however. But in the audio here Bon says the next song is Dog Eat Dog, but the set lists say it was Chuck Berry's School Days (maybe Bon fucked up? or the set lists?).

I think they played there more than twice in '76.
    • Nov 16th 2019

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatShe's Got Balls apparently wasn't played at the Bondi Lifesaver in 1977 according to the set lists you can access on line. But then again the set lists may not be complete.

They did play it in 1976 however. But in the audio here Bon says the next song is Dog Eat Dog, but the set lists say it was Chuck Berry's School Days (maybe Bon fucked up? or the set lists?).

SGB was definitely played since it was recorded. The recording is from one of the two Lifesaver gigs in 1977. It also appears in this setlist:
    http://www.ac-dc.net...
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatShe's Got Balls apparently wasn't played at the Bondi Lifesaver in 1977 according to the set lists you can access on line. But then again the set lists may not be complete.

SGB was definitely played since it was recorded. The recording is from one of the two Lifesaver gigs in 1977. It also appears in this setlist:

Cheers Rocco. I wonder what the deal is with Bon introducing the next song as 'Dog Eat Dog'?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Nov 17th 2019

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCat

Cheers Rocco. I wonder what the deal is with Bon introducing the next song as 'Dog Eat Dog'?

"Exact set list unknown, probably included most of these tracks."
    • Nov 17th 2019 edited

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCat

It probably means they were playing DEG as next song – sorry to be a smart ass :-D

Since the complete recording of this gig has not surfaced yet it is difficult to say what the exact setlist was. The one from ac-dc.net (the link I posted) is just a guess as what had been played. But it is safe to say that they played She's Got Balls (since a recording of it has been officially released). It's also pretty safe to say that DED has been played (since Bon introduces it). According to an article (about a guy visiting Alberts around the time of the SUL tour) in the now defunct Finnish fanzine Nononsense the whole gig was recorded:

"He said he mixed 'She's Got Balls' live at Bondi Lifesafer. His name was Sam, I didn't ask for his surname, but I noticed a Sam Horsburgh Jr is listed on the Volts CD & the 12 inch that the song appears on. [NB Sam is nephew of Malcolm and Angus] I asked if the rest of the gig that She's Got Balls was recorded at is on tape and he said it was recorded but only a small part had been mixed."
    How can anyone take old setlists on sites like SetlistFM for shows that aren't recorded seriously?
    Apparently, according to an old story, the entire Bondi 77 show was prepared by Al Q around the time of the 03 remasters.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Nov 18th 2019

I doubt anybody has touched the multi-tracks for that show since 1986.
    • Nov 18th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandApparently, according to an old story, the entire Bondi 77 show was prepared by Al Q around the time of the 03 remasters.

Who is Al Q?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 18th 2019

Al Qaida. But i doubt they were involved.
    Al Quaglieri.
    Posted By: Grim177I doubt anybody has touched the multi-tracks for that show since 1986.

Unfortunately, I think I agree. It’s more in hope than expectation.
    Still, the full show probably does exist...somewhere.