[ Sign In | Register ]

Is this legit?
    100%.
    Posted By: Spellbound100%.

Thank you Spellbound.
    I quite like it.
    It’s nice and mellow too, Mal was a mature player from a young age.
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Nov 6th 2019

I love every track on the Marcus Hook Roll Band album.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 6th 2019

Who's doing the lead vocals on this one?
    Posted By: RoccoWho's doing the lead vocals on this one?
    I think it's Harry Vanda, but don't quote me on that.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 7th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin
    It is.
    Nice song. Really cool. I'm fairly certain I have this song on a mixed album of songs from Australian bands that was released by Alberts Productions. It's either this song or possibly another song released by the Marcus Hook Roll Band.

• Nov 7th 2019

Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin
    It is.

Wow, this is some fantastic singing. Never knew Harry had such a great voice.
    Harry Vanda is an incredible singer. It’s confusing to me that he never took off as a lead singer. Compare his first vocal track “I Wonder” when he was still learning English to this. Would’ve been cool if him and George did lead vocals trade offs.
    • AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Nov 8th 2019

Yes, it’s Harry Vanda. I like the whole album as well. I listened to it (online) several times a while back but just recently bought it on iTunes. Natural Man is good too and has elements of Soul Stripper and Live Wire. Another song, can’t remember the name right off, but it sounds a lot like TNT.
    And Ape Man is funny. One of them kinda cracks up in that one. Lol.
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Nov 9th 2019

Posted By: BrennaBYes, it’s Harry Vanda. I like the whole album as well. I listened to it (online) several times a while back but just recently bought it on iTunes. Natural Man is good too and has elements of Soul Stripper and Live Wire. Another song, can’t remember the name right off, but it sounds a lot like TNT.

Is the TNT sounding track called Quick Reaction?
    I think Harry was the main singer in Flash And The Pan. If "sing" is the right word for their type of vocals.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Nov 9th 2019

Posted By: GoulashI love every track on the Marcus Hook Roll Band album.

I have that album too...quite good!
    • Nov 10th 2019

Posted By: Goulash
    Posted By: BrennaBYes, it’s Harry Vanda. I like the whole album as well. I listened to it (online) several times a while back but just recently bought it on iTunes. Natural Man is good too and has elements of Soul Stripper and Live Wire. Another song, can’t remember the name right off, but it sounds a lot like TNT.

Is the TNT sounding track called Quick Reaction?

Yeah, that’s it.
    • AC/DC rock music: soda
    • Nov 10th 2019

Love that album, it's really good bluesy rock'n'roll stuff.
    Has anyone been able to pinpoint exactly what song(s) Mal and Angus play on MHRB?
    Posted By: tomscotlandHas anyone been able to pinpoint exactly what song(s) Mal and Angus play on MHRB?

I was under the assumption pretty much all electric guitars were them.

For sure both play on Ape Man.
    • Nov 10th 2019

Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: tomscotlandHas anyone been able to pinpoint exactly what song(s) Mal and Angus play on MHRB?

I was under the assumption pretty much all electric guitars were them.

For sure both play on Ape Man.

I thought so too. I kind of thought Harry and George helped them make the album just to let them get the knowledge.
    Hmm, maybe. They didn’t travel to London for the uk session tho, did they???
    • Nov 11th 2019 edited

Posted By: tomscotlandHmm, maybe. They didn’t travel to London for the uk session tho, did they???

No, they didn't. And IIRC Alan "Wally" Waller, who produced the record and was also present during the sessions in Australia, said he has no recollection of Angus playing on it.
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: tomscotlandHmm, maybe. They didn’t travel to London for the uk session tho, did they???

No, they didn't. And IIRC Alan "Wally" Waller, who produced the record and was also present during the sessions in Australia, said he has no recollection of Angus playing on it.

To be fair. Everyone who worked on it besides Angus was “rotten drunk”, so he may just not remember it.