[ Sign In | Register ]

7 new songs Jem?
    I think a lot of people got Jem wrong. He said that he was told that 7 new songs were recorded, that was not an end total. Probably 10-15 were.
    November is gonna be a good month
    Posted By: ianbigmacNovember is gonna be a good month

It has to be, because if it doesn't it may be over...
    Posted By: Pedro Hodecker

Pedro Hodecker the longer it draws out, the older they get. They have to do something/announce soon. I still can't understand all the secrecy shit. If this is their final hurrah FFS let the fans know at least something. A wee taster like they did with RnR Train. A wee snippet of something. I have holidays to book next year lol
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Oct 25th 2019

It's over. But I still think the Vancouver session Will be released One day
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Oct 25th 2019

Posted By: rideon77It's over. But I still think the Vancouver session Will be released One day

Well yeah it’s over as far as you’re concerned because Axl isn’t coming back.
    Posted By: rideon77It's over. But I still think the Vancouver session Will be released One day

You're absolutely right. If the Vancouver stuff was recorded for a new album, it'd be out by now. I'm afraid the boys are done.

When even Pedro Hodecker starts to lose hope, things are not that hopeful in the AC/DC camp.
    ↑ i agree.
    Really got my hopes up for this millennia, though that might be pushing it
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 25th 2019

That's what I was told.

SFC
    Wonder how many of these seven songs have ''Rock'' in the title.
    Posted By: stuhiltonWonder how many of these seven songs have ''Rock'' in the title.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Oct 25th 2019

Arf arf!
    Posted By: JemThat's what I was told.

SFC

Jem, you look more positive than some days ago... Could you Give the Dogs a Bone? lol
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Oct 25th 2019 edited

Jem, you look more positive than some days ago... Could you Give the Gogs a Bone? lol

Yes, we need some hope, Jem ... after all it's a Gog eat Gog world out there

I guess every Gog has his day...
    Posted By: DrBelford
    Jem, you look more positive than some days ago... Could you Give the Gogs a Bone? lol

Eat cat, too!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Oct 25th 2019

Jem looks more positive than some days ago. Suck on it. Give them a finger and they want the hand. Some people...
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Oct 25th 2019

7 tracks is hardly going to be an album, an album needs 10 at least to be credible, the Vancouver sessions 7 tracks are more likely to be part of a follow up to ‘Bon Fire’ than a standalone album
    Posted By: CWT1965an album needs 10 at least to be credible

High Voltage, TNT, Dirty Deeds, Let There Be Rock and Powerage say hi
    Posted By: CWT19657 tracks is hardly going to be an album, an album needs 10 at least to be credible, the Vancouver sessions 7 tracks are more likely to be part of a follow up to ‘Bon Fire’ than a standalone album

7 were recorded AT LEAST.
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Oct 25th 2019

Posted By: matirocker

Different era, great albums but times have changed, can’t see any way in this day and age a 7 strong album could be released for more than £7, you can buy a typical song off iTunes for 99p a pop
    •  
    • Oct 25th 2019

Posted By: Pedro HodeckerI guess every Gog has his day...

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinEat cat, too!

But birds bite back! XD
    Bahahaha, great gif ^

Posted By: CWT1965

Different era, great albums but times have changed, can’t see any way in this day and age a 7 strong album could be released for more than £7, you can buy a typical song off iTunes for 99p a pop
    I like to think of it as quality control. Imagine if Black Ice were 8 or 9 tracks, and they were comprised of all the great riffs/melodies and whatnot from the record we actually got. We’d have an absolutely killer record, right there.

Nothing wrong with a 10+ track album, but there’s been filler on every record since at least Flick (varying amounts per record, of course), so lowering the quantity should increase the quality in a manner of speaking.
    Lowering the quantity only works if some of the tracks are actually quality.
    You can’t polish a turd either way.
    Every gog has his day. Just saying...
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinBahahaha, great gif ^

I like to think of it as quality control. Imagine if Black Ice were 8 or 9 tracks, and they were comprised of all the great riffs/melodies and whatnot from the record we actually got. We’d have an absolutely killer record, right there.

Nothing wrong with a 10+ track album, but there’s been filler on every record since at least Flick (varying amounts per record, of course), so lowering the quantity should increase the quality in a manner of speaking.

With this concept, I think ROB was way better than BI. Still, 7 songs on a AC/DC record are not reaching even the 35 mins mark.
    •  
    • Oct 26th 2019

I think a band of the level of AC/DC could easily afford to have a 7 song album at this point.

Would you honestly consider not buying the final AC/DC album just due to a relatively short track list?
    Posted By: DrBelfordI think a band of the level of AC/DC could easily afford to have a 7 song album at this point.

Would you honestly consider not buying the final AC/DC album just due to a relatively short track list?

Collectors might still buy it, but if it's sold at a full price it would look like a theft. I'm pretty sure if they release an album the songs would be 10 at least, but at this point it's more realistic that what they have will end up on some boxset or something like that (and maybe just the best tracks).
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Oct 26th 2019

PLEASE NOTE: NO-ONE SAID THEY ONLY RECORDED SEVEN SONGS.
    Posted By: 900PLEASE NOTE: NO-ONE SAID THEY ONLY RECORDED SEVEN SONGS.

No one said they recorded more either ;)
    Lol.
    If those whatever number of songs were cooking they should have been released by now. At least a confirmatiom would be made of some kind.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Oct 26th 2019 edited

Posted By: Badlands66
    Posted By: 900PLEASE NOTE: NO-ONE SAID THEY ONLY RECORDED SEVEN SONGS.

No one said they recorded more either ;)
    Lol.

No one said people buy albums anymore either.
    •  
    • Oct 26th 2019 edited

Posted By: Venom InjectorCollectors might still buy it, but if it's sold at a full price it would look like a theft. I'm pretty sure if they release an album the songs would be 10 at least, but at this point it's more realistic that what they have will end up on some boxset or something like that (and maybe just the best tracks).

I'm always surprised how the "brand value" of AC/DC is severely underestimated on here.

Furthermore they could easily add 2 or 3 previously unreleased tracks or even live tracks to justify a regular price etc.

(And I know it's all hypothetical anyway, since no one knows how many "Vancouver" tracks there are)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Oct 26th 2019 edited

Posted By: DrBelfordFurthermore they could easily add 2 or 3 previously unreleased tracks or even live tracks to justify a regular price etc.

A regular price for what? I'm being serious here. Some people still buy CDs, and some people (me) are willing to buy vinyl, but most people do not go out and buy albums anymore (hard copy or digital). They pay a streaming service and have access to whatever is released. In this world there are still lots of albums being made, but you don't have to look at it as a price to song ratio. Release a single, release an EP. Release whatever you want to. Some fans will still purchase albums, but it's not a big revenue generator for a band.

There are exceptions of course. Tool scored big "pure album" sales (at least initially) with a $40 CD that included a video screen. And fans couldn't wait to give them their money after a 13 year drought.
    Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: DrBelfordFurthermore they could easily add 2 or 3 previously unreleased tracks or even live tracks to justify a regular price etc.

A regular price for what? I'm being serious here. Some people still buy CDs, and some people (me) are willing to buy vinyl, but most people do not go out and buy albums anymore (hard copy or digital). They pay a streaming service and have access to whatever is released. In this world there are still lots of albums being made, but you don't have to look at it as a price to song ratio. Release a single, release an EP. Release whatever you want to. Some fans will still purchase albums, but it's not a big revenue generator for a band.

There are exceptions of course. Tool scored big "pure album" sales (at least initially) with a $40 CD that included a video screen. And fans couldn't wait to give them their money after a 13 year drought.
    The simple fact that ROB was even released on vinyl shows the slight comeback of LPs, and while most don't buy them, there's still certainly a market out there for both CDs and vinyl. I don't disagree that Spotify and youtube are the kings of music distribution these days, though.

I would assume that most of the people that listen to entire ACDC records are also the kind of people to go and physically buy the record, because that's what they've always done. Even if not that, they probably want to support the band. Regardless of whether the band gets more of their revenue from physical sales or ad revenue on streaming services, there's no doubt to me that they will physically release anything that they also release on the internet. It took them long enough to even put their stuff on the internet/spotify in the first place, so I highly doubt that they'll just fully accept it and say that physical releases are things of the past.

As to whether 7 tracks is enough for however much a CD or vinyl will cost, I don't know. LTBR was 40 minutes with 8 tracks, and ROB was 35 minutes with 11 tracks. They're of course more likely to make shorter songs these days (just looking at BI and ROB), but you never know. Perhaps the whole problem is the record company wants an actual record, while the band wants a compilation (actually, the other way around sounds more likely - Y/Y have always claimed that they're an "album and tour band").

Who even said it was an album? Who even said that there were only 7 tracks? As always, we don't know enough to speculate reasonably.
    A fair guess is they have put down an albums worth of material, 2/3 for a box set special but 7 for definite and time spent recording...there is a full album sitting there.
    •  
    • Oct 26th 2019

Posted By: Inferno

Agree with all your points 100%.
    And Tool is a very good & very recent example:
    I think a "final" ACDC album would definitely be part of the exceptions for many reasons & while physical copies won't ever sell they way they once did, surly a last AC/DC album would sell fairly well on vinyl etc.
    (especially because of the nostalgia factor, since most ACDC fans grew up with physical copies)
    Even if it was only 7 songs, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Especially if they put forth some real effort into them to be the best they can be. Some longer tracks above the 3 minute mark would also potentially help pad out the run time.

Would be better to have 7 good to decent tracks over 10+ tracks with 4 or 5 or more fillers.

Also, at this point we should be happy to get anything,"Oh only 7 isn't worth the price". For fucks sake sometimes I feel like we don't deserve anything at all.

Most CD's are 10 to 12 bucks,unless it's loaded with some extras,multiple discs ect. Even still, there usually a cheaper single disc option. Downloads can be as much or less.

Not to mention, this is likely the last AC/DC recording cycle with almost the BIB line up.
    They most likely did more than 7, as some have suggested. Jem only stated 7 were known. There is plenty wiggle room in that statement for more to be in existence.
    I still have hope
    Hope ended 2/11

Wow 8+ months ago.
    •  
    • Oct 26th 2019 edited

Posted By: moosefball77Hope ended 2/11

Why not wait at least til November 2nd? ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Oct 26th 2019

^
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Oct 26th 2019

Seventh Song of a Seventh Song
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Oct 26th 2019

Posted By: 900Seventh Song of a Seventh Song

Hahahahahaha
    • Oct 26th 2019

So we SFC and I'll put on a pot of coffee. They are up to something.
    • Oct 26th 2019

Um..'74 Jailbreak had only 5 tracks and I had no problem paying "full price" for it.