[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Rocker75
    • Oct 18th 2019

In your personal opinion, what is the best tour that the band has ever had?

We can take into account:
    Set list
    Stage
    Venues
    Length of tour
    Video/DVD releases
    • Oct 18th 2019

Even Brian and Angus’ stage clothes too if you like!
    Ballbreaker with Stiff Upper Lip just so slightly there. It’s like BB is 1 and SUL is 1A. Black Ice was super fun but the previous tours had a bit of spontaneity
    Posted By: Rocker75Even Brian and Angus’ stage clothes too if you like!

Brians best outfits:
    BUYV Super Denim Man
    TRE Wife-beater White Sneaker Man
    • AC/DC rock music: Pancake81
    • Oct 19th 2019 edited

Their 2020 world tour...

Okay in all seriousness...

BIB would be #1 on my hit list. It was such a combo on BIB and Bon material it’s a win for me.

HTH is a close second, followed by many others. Stiff upper lip was my first “experience”. Fuck me, they are all good. FTATR is a champ too. Not the album per se, but the tour would have been primo.

Bon was the man, no two ways about it. I would kill to see him do a set list. But Brian was manic when he came into the ACDC spotlight, and covered so many of those great songs perfectly. Never replicated Bon, but gave it for the fans
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2
    Posted By: Rocker75Even Brian and Angus’ stage clothes too if you like!

Brians best outfits:
    BUYV Super Denim Man
    TRE Wife-beater White Sneaker Man

Didn’t exactly give Prince or Michael Jackson a run for their money in terms
    of innovative dressing, did he?
    I only saw 'em on the BB tour and I think I was lucky, cause it was one of their best tours. Fantastic setlist with some Bon' songs they didn't play in ages and overall a spectacular show.

In regards to tours I couldn't attend, I think the HTH tour was awesome. BIB tour must have been a threat too. FOTW was also great, nice setlist and band still in good shape.

The "Live"/TRE tour was also excellent though it lacked Rudd and every song was a tad too fast, the band was on fire though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 19th 2019

That I saw. SUL not including 2003.

Of the tours I haven’t seen then it’s impossible to ignore HTH.
    • Oct 19th 2019

I personally saw them on the SUL and BI tours and both shows were brilliant.

I do think that the Bon material that was played on BB and SUL tours (Get it hot, Up to my neck in you, Down Payment Blues etc) really made the shows special.

I do think that the BI tour was great in terms of the stage and the fact that they finally dropped their tuning to help Brian!

I would have loved to have seen them during the Powerage/HTH era though!
    • AC/DC rock music: Strat54
    • Oct 20th 2019 edited

Blow up your video was my first tour. It was great and ea tour after was better than the last. But I didn't enjoy the acdc experience on the black ice tour. Stadium too big, so many casuals around me that their lack of enthusiasm for the lesser known songs was a downer compared to previous tours.
    Stage Clothes: Brian Best: Fly with denim vest white singlet. Worst: oversize black shirt and black jeans repeated on sul tour.
    Angus Best: all of them.
    Mal Best: All of them up until the singlet came out.
    Cliff Best: All tours really, TRE tour, Donington gear prob best. Liked the change to shirts, especially denim!
    Phil Best: All of them up until the mutton chops and short hair of Black Ice. Looked in great shape BB SUL tour.
    From video: Apollo '78 stands out, Paris '79, BIB tour, rock in Rio '85, original VHS version of Donington. Circus Krone is my favorite latter-day Brian show. Perfect cept.... gone shootin', who made who, ballbreaker or heatseeker would have made it so.
    • Oct 20th 2019

Some very interesting comments there thank you.

I was only a baby when the FOTW tour took place but having listened to the ‘Flies on the soundboard’ bootleg, I wish I could have gone to one of the shows. There was a ‘rawness’ about the band then.

Brian’s denim look was cool too.
    Stiff lower back tour '03, The Littlle Cunts Have Done It '76 and of course the Lour Reed tour in '74!
    That I’ve seen? 2003 Stones mini-tour
    That I haven’t? Powerage UK tour 78.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: TheRudder
    • Oct 21st 2019

To me the best tour was the 1996 Ballbreaker tour.
    I remember i was in middle school and one night (don't know why) on TV there was scheduled 'No Bull' in Madrid.

I didn't know who those boys were. But my jaws dropped hearing the drums, especially in 'Girls Got Rythm' and 'Ballbreaker'
    I was amazed by the energy and pure intensity of that performance. Brian roaring like a lion, Angus seemed to be demon-driven, Phil smashing like a madman, Malcolm and Cliff tight like no time before.

To me that tour is really what AC/DC is all about, still gives me chills after years
    The Ballbreaker tour was special. I went to a concert on that tour with a guy who never had seen AC/DC live. After the gig he looked like his jaw was dropping and repeatedly said,,,that was the the tour of broken balls, that was the tour of broken balls...
    Posted By: MeanstreakThe Ballbreaker tour was special. I went to a concert on that tour with a guy who never had seen AC/DC live. After the gig he looked like his jaw was dropping and repeatedly said,,,that was the the tour of broken balls, that was the tour of broken balls...

It was indeed special. It seemed like the band was having a great time, with Rudd back in his place and the new setlist; it also seemed like they really believed in the BB album and those songs live worked wonderfully. The theatrics were also so cool! After that show I was elated for weeks. What a fantastic memory of my teenage years.
    Flick of The Switch. Maple Leaf Gardens. Had a blast for Fly there too. Then — and maybe this is selective memory at work here — they got old...

The last tour with Brian in Toronto was surprisingly good. Expected a bunch of geriatrics at death's door and the show and sound were thoroughly enjoyable, if not marked by a sentimental feeling that this is the last time I'm ever going to see the greatest live rock band in the world.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Oct 22nd 2019

Best attended probably the MOR show in '91 or BB.

Best overall the FTATR tour. They were HUGE at that time and the new 'world leaders' in Rock music. The attitude, the clothes (Brian in Harley outfit), the massive guitar tones, Brian vocal power all made it perfect. Bring on Largo!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Oct 22nd 2019

Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto
    The last tour with Brian in Toronto was surprisingly good. Expected a bunch of geriatrics at death's door and the show and sound were thoroughly enjoyable, if not marked by a sentimental feeling that this is the last time I'm ever going to see the greatest live rock band in the world.

It sure was awful trying to get out after the show, though!
    For me, SUL solely for Money Honey being in the set!
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Oct 23rd 2019

FOTW tour was pretty mad. They were still aggressive and a bit wild. Angus had his very long hair, and Brian's hair was a right old lop-sided mess with jeans held together by multiple patches. And he wasn't speaking to the crowd much back then, so it was all still like the old days, very direct.

I was at school back then and remember drinking a bottle of Malibu on the train to Wembley Arena. Just a few rows from the front, pretty much in the middle, for my first AC/DC gig....good times. Some twat pinched my programme though...then admitted to it in a boozer a while later!
    •  
    • Oct 23rd 2019

Would've have been in the same gig as you 900 :)

Cheap cider rather than Malibu though.

MALIBU?!?!?!? ;)
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Oct 23rd 2019

Posted By: JemWould've have been in the same gig as you 900 :)

MALIBU?!?!?!? ;)

Ah, cool you were there too!

Fuck knows what I was thinking of, though it was my late friend's idea, honest!

16th of January 1986 it was, I think they played the following night as well. Great memories :-)
    Tours that I have seen live - Stiff Upper Lip is the best followed by the Razors Edge

Tours that I have NOT seen live - Highway to Hell is the best closely followed by Powerage
    •  
    • Oct 23rd 2019

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: JemWould've have been in the same gig as you 900 :)

MALIBU?!?!?!? ;)

Ah, cool you were there too!

Fuck knows what I was thinking of, though it was my late friend's idea, honest!

16th of January 1986 it was, I think they played the following night as well. Great memories :-)

Still the best encores.

Hells Bells
    TNT
    FTATR
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Oct 30th 2019

I would give up most of my AC/DC gigs I've been to, to have seen them on the Powerage tour.