[ Sign In | Register ]

Ok let’s see what everyone thinks. Simple.

Are they done?

Are they not done?

Interested to see what the % are here.

I’ll go first. Sadly, I think they’re done.
    I’m game... not done... this is like taking candy from a baby... there will be something released at some point.
    Polls and threads like this are done.
    ACDC touring (classic line-up) = game over
    ACDC album (classic line-up) 50/50 for a release

ACDC 3.0 in a few years = looking possible, can't see Angus just packing it all up
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Oct 13th 2019 edited

ACDC touring (classic line-up) = game over since Malcolms retirement..

ACDC album 30/70 for a release. But more likely
    a few new songs to support next years anniversary of BIB. Still game over regarding touring the classic line up, or the ROB lineup (with Brian, Cliff, Phil).

Axl/DC 2.0 in a few years = a fxxing nightmare, can't see Angus destroying the legacy
    no, they will continue. There will be a new album, tour schedule and number unknown. As i said before the management would have announced the end. Angus will not start something new, it's ACDC or not. Something is still in the works but not finished... what the f+++ happened in vancouver?
    No, but I grow less confident in my answer each month.
    They are deader than disco now.
    Done.

And if what they recorded in Vancouver isn’t better than RoB, I don’t wanna hear it either.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Oct 13th 2019

Posted By: Badlands66And if what they recorded in Vancouver isn’t better than RoB, I don’t wanna hear it either.

I do :)
    Done.
    • AC/DC rock music: Dhards95
    • Oct 13th 2019

Not done but people need to stop speculating about Vancouver because its pretty obvious that nothing will come of it.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Oct 13th 2019

& i thought they was doing Festivals in 2020 with BJ....!!!!!!
    • Oct 13th 2019

Also what would GShooting have too say in this thread...!!!??? Lols
    I think we will see a greatest hits package in the spring of 2020 with a slight chance of 3 new songs
    Few festival appearances in the states and a handful of stadium dates in Germany , France and the uk next summer
    But basically done with with the album tour cycle type agenda
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Oct 13th 2019 edited

Posted By: sfadden30I think we will see a greatest hits package in the spring of 2020 with a slight chance of 3 new songs
    Few festival appearances in the states and a handful of stadium dates in Germany , France and the uk next summer
    But basically done with with the album tour cycle type agenda

Sounds realistic. But unfortunately we'd even be lucky if we get just that.
    Posted By: ruffstuff88No, but I grow less confident in my answer each month.

I love this answer!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Oct 13th 2019

Posted By: Rickshaw1Ok let’s see what everyone thinks. Simple.

Are they done?

Are they not done?

Interested to see what the % are here.

I’ll go first. Sadly, I think they’re done.

Define "they".
    - getting the Vancouver stuff Eventually - yes

- touring with Brian Phil and cliff - no

- Angus touring again in some capacity - yes
    Honestly I would prefer something like Backtracks 2, and the Vancouver show. I don't really like ROB so if they are releasing the last studio album, it better be good, and with other producer :(
    Done touring - probably, unfortunately. Angus? Probably not. Rest of band? Probably, yes.

Vancouver stuff - 50/50 it will get put out someday.

Who knows anything anymore...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Oct 13th 2019

Posted By: moosefball77They are deader than disco now.

• AC/DC rock music: Mike206
    • Oct 13th 2019

Not done. It might be yet another version of the lineup, but I think we see a record and tour.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Oct 13th 2019

AY/SY/BJ/PR/CW
    Every day that goes by is one percent added to the chance of them being done.

AY/SY/??/PR/??
    I don't dare even speculate, but Angus will be seen again in some form I'm sure.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Oct 13th 2019

I think ACDC 2020 is done, based on the other thread, and also that I already have bought 2 tickets for summer gigs for other bands, so whilst its not impossible for the boys to announce gigs in the coming weeks, day by day the probability decreases.

But as long as Angus is healthy, he will always have that ACDC itch. So I believe that we will see something, and that something is likely to be in a form that once again polarises this forum.

I truly can't believe that the Vancouver sessions will never see the light of day, unless the quality is complete shite (and even then, maybe one day they will surface, because even complete shite will sell due to the brand values)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: acadacauk
    • Oct 14th 2019 edited

I dont think their quite done but like all OAP,s your a bit slower and it takes you time to get anywhere and do anything.
    and im talking from personal experience lol
    NO.

A Young NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up !
    • Oct 14th 2019

https://www.alternati...

Jem gets a memention fair play too Alt Nation they must be very busy people lols
    •  
    • Oct 14th 2019

Posted By: FLACDCAY/SY/BJ/PR/CW
    Every day that goes by is one percent added to the chance of them being done.

AY/SY/??/PR/??
    I don't dare even speculate, but Angus will be seen again in some form I'm sure.

I find it hard to imagine Angus outside of the context of AC/DC. I mean, I know he's showed up a couple of times to play with GnR, but that would hardly be his career post-AC/DC, would it?
    "Angus, we're thinking of doing Rosie tonight. Can you fly out ASAP?"

With a 100 million or so in the bank, Angus could fill a retirement with any number of pursuits. Don't think any of them would fill him up as much as playing in AC/DC does, though.
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Oct 14th 2019

I don't think they will tour again . Not sure I would like to see it anyway . I'm still holding out for new music though
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Oct 14th 2019

True AC/DC (Brian/Cliff/Phil/Angus) is done imho, least from a touring perspective

AC/DC might carry on in the future under the brand name and have a world tour with Angus/Axl/Duff/Stevie/Slade or something but it won’t be true AC/DC just a tribute act plus Angus

AC/DC is Angus’ baby he can do what he likes with it but its Vancouver line up or bust for me
    • AC/DC rock music: shatti
    • Oct 14th 2019 edited

AC\DC are not done
    the album is done, but brian is mad because of angus
    angus tries to bring him back to sing in the album, brian showed up at Vancouver but talk mad at angus in this meeting and he left and never cameback
    angus is waiting for brian to chill and forgive him when he replaced him officially as a band member

that's my personal speculation

or myabe they recorded it, but forget to release it because they are so old
    I don't believe they would quit without announcing anything official and disappearing into nothingness like nothing happened. They always made an announcement when major changes were in the works, coming from the band (Axl joining the ROB tour) or from single members (Cliff, Brian i.e.). I believe it's all silent cause they're working on something but nobody could tell what it is at this point.

Still I think the Vancouver sessions might surface in some form sooner or later. In regards to massive tours, I doubt so, especially with the ROB album line-up.
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Oct 14th 2019

Posted By: shattiAC\DC are not done
    the album is done, but brian is mad because of angus
    angus tries to bring him back to sing in the album, brian showed up at Vancouver but talk mad at angus in this meeting and he left and never cameback
    angus is waiting for brian to chill and forgive him when he replaced him officially as a band member

that's my personal speculation

or myabe they recorded it, but forget to release it because they are so old

Brian was out there for several weeks, pictured not just at the studio but also with a personal trainer along with Cliff at the Four Seasons hotel

There was no storming out, Brian was there quite some time
    Done, and I’m happy with that.
    Done. Went out with a wet fart.

Far from happy with that. The Axl farce should've been erased from memory by a proper ending IMHO.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Oct 14th 2019

Posted By: moosefball77They are deader than disco now.

Which is a pitty also on the disco part.
    They will re-release Back In Black (forty years) next year, so they are not done......are they?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Oct 14th 2019

The band is done, the brand isn't.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Oct 14th 2019

I believe quite firmly we'll see another AC/DC release in the next few years. Recording in a studio in their mid-seventies is nothing insurmountable. I mean, look at The Who releasing new good material.

The touring on the other hand... As much as I want to see them go on tour again, I don't think it's gonna happen. I really hope I'm wrong though. No one thought they'd even attempt to come back before Vancouver, maybe we'll see another miracle. A classic line-up, that is.
    • AC/DC rock music: acdchead
    • Oct 14th 2019

y'all think way too much into this. ac/dc is NOT done. ac/dc is all they know. there was an obvious interaction in vancouver and there will be another album/tour as long as nothing drastic happens... and im gonna be there.
    • AC/DC rock music: Sellen
    • Oct 15th 2019

Posted By: ThankassThe band is done, the brand isn't.

+1
    Should have called it a day after black ice and that tour
    I ll keep my memories of them as an actual band
    Wouldnt want to see them without malcolm
    •  
    • Oct 15th 2019

Posted By: DavidcelticShould have called it a day after black ice and that tour

If I were to write a biopic about the career of AC/DC, I'd have the final chord of FTATR, Bilbao, 2010 echo into the closing credits.
    Posted By: DavidcelticShould have called it a day after black ice and that tour

My sentiments exactly Davy. How are ya mate, long time no see.
    • AC/DC rock music: Cannon
    • Oct 15th 2019

Vancouver released. Yes
    Classic lineup tour. No
    Angus with new lineup/new material release. No
    Angus with new lineup tour. Yes
    Sadly I think only a couple of new songs with a fancy box set of some kind.
    I think they should do a farewell tour, a few small venues, special setlist, only for members of this forum of course.
    • AC/DC rock music: Glum9
    • Oct 15th 2019 edited

I think Brian would still be able to nail it but time is running really fast now. But his performance from last year shows he can manage to hit high notes like a Boss

•  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Oct 16th 2019

Posted By: stuhiltonThey will re-release Back In Black (forty years) next year, so they are not done......are they?

Yeah, like how Elvis is not done, but I don't think that's what the OP is about.
    Posted By: Glum9I think Brian would still be able to nail it but time is running really fast now. But his performance from last year shows he can manage to hit high notes like a Boss

Yeah. A couple of songs. Not an hour and a half plus. First shows in a tour he sounds ok but as it goes on not so much