To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

•  
      AC/DC rock music: JW147
    • Oct 1st 2019

Two of the best tracks on HTH that I for some reason associate with eachother. Which one do you prefer? For me IYWB is the better of the two- one of the best tracks ever by the band. The intro and the riff.....simple, ingenious and played with complete conviction. Should be a setlist standard.
    Hah, this is a tough one! HTH is my favourite AC/DC album and SDIF is probably my favourite AC/DC song, still IYWB is a fantastic tune and one of the highlights on HTH. SDIF is slightly more radio-friendly with a almost danceable bass-line, it sounds very '79, still I consider it all in all a perfect song. It speaks volumes that they kept it in almost all their setlists up to these days.
    • AC/DC rock music: Damo
    • Oct 1st 2019

SDIF coz it makes my all time top 3.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Oct 1st 2019

SDIF. The intro kicks so much balls when Phil and Cliff come in.
    The song is compact and catchy.
    Coming back form the solo to the chorus is magic.

Never was an instant fan of IYWB. The main riff sounded too recycled for me. Not really exciting. Also not a fan of the build up to the first verse.
    It's a bit messy with too much going on. The last chorusses are the best part for me because the rhythm flows in that part.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Oct 1st 2019

IYWB for me. One of the greatest ever twin-guitar attacks, and those sounds, awesome!

The breakdown in the middle as well, really accentuating the above - something that's been missing as the band have got a bit lazy with arrangements over the years. Tracks where it stops just leaving a kick or snare, then the guitars all on their own, then bass and drums again, I love that. Fly On The Wall, Back In Business, Miss Adventure as well..

SDIF is great too though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 1st 2019

It's Shot Down In Flames for me.

Not only is it irresistible musically, coasting along on the floating bassline from Cliff, while Mal and The Rudd lock in, there's also the fantastic 'breakdown' pre-solo with Bon issuing orders to Ang, which for me reveals just how much joy there was in the creation of this track. Beyond that there's the perfect solo for the song, it's this which sets Ang apart from other guitarists and if that wasn't enough you've got Bon subverting the image of the lothario frontman with two tales of pick up failure. And you can fucking dance to it. Top 3 Bon song...?
    That’s a toughie. Love both as they were two of my favorites when I was just getting into them, and SDIF used to be my top song of all time, but I think I’m feeling IYWB because of Malcolm fucking Young.
    Like choosing between children...But...I'd go for IYWB - Mal's tone is unreal
    • AC/DC rock music: peluso8
    • Oct 1st 2019

If You Want Blood
    • AC/DC rock music: Cannon
    • Oct 1st 2019

SDIF by a nose.
    These are my two favorite tracks from the H2H album. IYWB just has such a huge sound. Monstrous track. Despite that, SDIF is actually my favorite Bon track of all time. It has a more classic rock n roll vibe, and quite frankly, the lyrics relate to me and some of my previous adventures to a tee (unfortunately I suppose ha).
    • AC/DC rock music: Treeman
    • Oct 1st 2019

Near impossible to choose since they’re two of my all time favorites. IYWB is just an astoundingly catchy riff, but SDIF just barrels along and is always a concert highlight, and they both have great breakdowns/solos that allow the songs to rebuild and come back even stronger at the end - something missing all too much in the last twenty five years as someone mentioned.

SDIF just edges out Blood because Angus’ powerslides into the solo is one of my top ten AC/DC moments.
    • Oct 1st 2019

Posted By: TreemanAngus’ powerslides into the solo is one of my top ten AC/DC moments.

Immensely cool!
    Shot Down in Flames. Top 3 AC/DC track for me.
    Flames. It helps it's on my all time top 5 DC songs.

I find Want Blood a bit gimmicky.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Oct 1st 2019

both incredible songs. To choose one would be an insult to the other :)

I will plead the 5th on this one lol

Did Brian ever sing either live by the way???
    IYWB for me. Bit grittier with a bit more bite than SDIF in my opinion
    Blood. Always Blood.

Flames is a little too soft on the album. Live is completely different story.
    Posted By: nimetaboth incredible songs. To choose one would be an insult to the other :)

I will plead the 5th on this one lol

Did Brian ever sing either live by the way???

Both songs. Flames can be found on No Bull and Blood from circus krone.

The SARS concert version of Blood is fucking epic though.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Oct 1st 2019

Shot down in flames is truly epic.
    Studio IYWB; live SDIF
    IYWB by a mile
    If You Want Blood.
    Shot down in flames for me always thought IYWB lacked something but IYWB live version with Axl runs it close you got iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    IYWB is one of my all time favorites from Bon. SDIF is excellent as well but IYWB if I had to pick.
    Blood
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Oct 2nd 2019

SDIF. IYWB's gospel-like outro really grates on me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Oct 2nd 2019

SDIF - Stand out song from that album for me, although IYWB is still top 30 (which means it is immense!).
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Oct 2nd 2019

IYWB. Malcolm's opening riff wins it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Oct 2nd 2019

I'm back and forth on this. I would have always said SDIF, but hearing IYWB through that huge PA at the SARS show from right in front of the soundboard was immense and awe-inspiring.
    • Oct 2nd 2019

Posted By: SHOO23Lhearing IYWB through that huge PA at the SARS show from right in front of the soundboard was immense and awe-inspiring.

Wow that must have been cool. Mal's sound was immense!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Angus3155
    • Oct 2nd 2019

SDIF is easier to listen, and its pretty funny in terms of lyrics and the story behind. It’s got more swing to it. Bon delivers his joy, while Angus gets into one of his best solos. The rest of the band keep the rhythm tight and smooth, the way only they can.

IFWB is more of a raw AC/DC, a punch-in-your-face. I easily visualize it as a track that could’ve been found in LTBR.

As much as I love SIDF (been one of my favorites since I know AC/DC), for a heavy and power-driven song with clever and metaphoric lyrics (that show you what AC/DC is about) I’ll take IFWB as the best song of this two...not to mention the constantly praised Malcolm intro, where you hear how a right should play a guitar. Top performance.
    • AC/DC rock music: RC/KC
    • Oct 2nd 2019

They are both great and Malcolm’s IYWB intro is one of his idiosyncratic best.

But Shot Down In Flames is a quintessential AC/DC song - the title, the lyrics, the intro, the riffs, the groove, the solo - it’s AC/DC distilled to it’s essential ingredients.
    • Oct 2nd 2019

Posted By: RC/KCMalcolm’s IYWB intro is one of his idiosyncratic best.

Idiosyncopated you mean! :-D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Oct 2nd 2019

LOL
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Oct 2nd 2019

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: SHOO23Lhearing IYWB through that huge PA at the SARS show from right in front of the soundboard was immense and awe-inspiring.

Wow that must have been cool. Mal's sound was immense!

Yeah it was! A few of us were taking bets on what the setlist would be like. I don't think that anyone had their money on IYWB. :)
    I love both of these songs. It's close but for me and by a bees dick it's 'If You Want Blood'. The guitars in that song are brilliantly mean. Love it!
    IYWB for me (but only just). I went nuts when they played it on the last tour. Probably my favourite AC/DC song on my favourite AC/DC album. I just think the Riff is top class, the way it builds from the start to Bon bursting in with "It's criminal". Love it.
    • Oct 3rd 2019

When I hear that triumphant sounding intro blasting out, I imagine a giant-sized. state-of-the-art ocean liner, serenely cruising along with some colourful flags hoisted high, or something.

Not sure why, probably too many decades of drinking wine!
    SDIF is a song that has more popular qualities to it. If You Want Blood is simply brutal in a great way. Both songs have tremendous riffs. Having played guitar for many years, I would settle for IYWB, but a song like SDIF, in terms of songwriting, is probably better. This is difficult.
    Hmmm, I never once "associated" the two tracks but now thinking about them, I think of them as similar tempos and vocal registers.

Both great songs. I'd say Shot Down is more fun and Blood is more nasty. Great songs from what I consider to be the most consistently great album of the Bon era. Yeah, I said it...
    • AC/DC rock music: Strat54
    • Oct 4th 2019

If you want Blood for me. Circus Crone version is awesome.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Oct 4th 2019

Sophie's choice, both in my TOP 10.
    Used to play SDIF with my band, so maybe overplayed a little bit for me. Always appreciated that funny storytelling lyrics.
    IYWB - great riff and impressive escalation till Bon shouts "It's criminaaaaaaal". And maybe because there ought to be a law, it's IYWB for me.