To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Sep 29th 2019

https://www.rollings...

Only just saw this news. I can’t see this being rescheduled any time soon.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Sep 29th 2019

Axl mustn't have their manager's number.
    Is Axl also able to play guitar the way Hetfield does?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Sep 29th 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakIs Axl also able to play guitar the way Hetfield does?

Not that I'm aware of, but then again he couldn't sing the way Brian did and Angu$ still hired him!
    Sad news and get well soon Hetfield.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Sep 29th 2019

Bloody hell Hetfield in Rehab,Biff from Saxon has had a triple heart bypass, Roger Daltrey and Steven Tyler have cancelled gigs with voice problems...sad but true!
    Posted By: MeanstreakIs Axl also able to play guitar the way Hetfield does?

The rumour has it that he got fed up in finding a new guirar duo and decided to learn the ropes and did intense lessons circa 97-99 and same sources said that he is great at it. He did play some on UYI albums already and on Chinese Democracy. So yes the man can do it all, Johnson, Hetfield or Elton John - he is yar man.

But on a serious note. Sad. All the best to James. I have seen closeones struggle with alcohol addiction that is off the charts hardcore and you just dont undersrand how severe it can go if you dont see it. Bright people, willing to loose it all and theirselves to it too. It is horrible and hard to shrugg off when you reach that level - and when you cut it and years go by the feeling creeps in to your mind that; "maybe after all these years i am cured and one drink will not hurt me" ...wrong. And each time you fall off the wagon seems to end up to a worse disaster - no matter how many years in between. I mean Hetfield was sober for a good 15 years.

Hope he will pull out of it. It should take quite some time for him to be tour ready.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Sep 29th 2019

Last time he did rehab, they were doing a documentary on the band. Probably some people will say "money grabbing bastards", but it was really interesting to watch it.

Maybe part 2 in a few years time?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Sep 29th 2019

Posted By: nimetaLast time he did rehab, they were doing a documentary on the band. Probably some people will say "money grabbing bastards", but it was really interesting to watch it.

Maybe part 2 in a few years time?

Really does feel like history is repeating itself, first with the S&M 2 concerts, and now with James back in rehab. Suing Napster again would be the trifecta.
    I missed out on a ticket when they went on sale and I've been debating for the last 6 months whether I should buy a resold ticket. I guess this makes the decision for me, lol.

If the shows are actually rescheduled and not cancelled I will make every effort to go.

Best of luck to Hetfield.
    Seen them 30 times since 1989 , fav band along with acdc
    Damn shame after all these years sober
    Makes the phrase hard wired to self destruct seem rather accurate
    Get well soon James , I think they still have another good record in them
    Posted By: sfadden30Seen them 30 times since 1989 , fav band along with acdc
    Damn shame after all these years sober
    Makes the phrase hard wired to self destruct seem rather accurate
    Get well soon James , I think they still have another good record in them

Yeah Harwired is great and I am not a fan really but MetallicaTV on YouTube is fantastic, have ejoyed the recent live footage and especially James has been in super form.
    Posted By: Big RabBloody hell Hetfield in Rehab,Biff from Saxon has had a triple heart bypass, Roger Daltrey and Steven Tyler have cancelled gigs with voice problems...sad but true!

Rock n Roll has a few occupational hazards and sad to see. It got me thinking that really need to make the most of when gigs are available. In 10-15 years I dread to think the state rock n roll will be in when the big beasts are gone
    There at it again Poor Me NEEDS rehab. we didin't see this on the rock or bust tour. I can't stand Metallica since I seen that movie. Bunch of wimps and wieners .
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Oct 1st 2019 edited

Posted By: BonneedsPenicillinBunch of wimps and wieners

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Posted By: BonneedsPenicillinThere at it again Poor Me NEEDS rehab. we didin't see this on the rock or bust tour. I can't stand Metallica since I seen that movie. Bunch of wimps and wieners .

This post is so mind-blowingly stupid that Kurt Cobain could’ve used it as an alternative to his Remington. I’m almost impressed managed to actually type this out without giving yourself a migraine.

That aside. All the best to James. Addiction is a bitch. Sad to hear that he’s going through the shits like that. The dude must be miserable being couped up in rehab and feeling like he just let down millions of people.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Oct 1st 2019 edited

Friend of mine just emailed this around today. Everyone has seen this of course, but still... Classic clip!

•  
    • Oct 2nd 2019

Probably not the best idea for Metallica to have their own Whiskey brand. Probably worse for the promo to have Hetfield in it, taking a tour of the distillery. Not that this would have itself made Hetfield relapse into drinking (and we don't know at this stage that his current rehab is even to do with drinking), but if the black dog of addiction is never totally out of sight, you can see putting yourself directly into a situation that reminds you of it would be a bit unwise.
    • Oct 2nd 2019

Posted By: Geordie_boot_boy
    Posted By: Big Rab In 10-15 years I dread to think the state rock n roll will be in when the big beasts are gone

its OK...Ronnie James Dio will still be touring.

Maybe Adam Lambert can take over Brians role???? All weird shit possible these days lol
    •  
    • Oct 2nd 2019

When the legends are gone, we'll still have Jack White and Dave Grohl.

Oh, dear god...
    Posted By: BrianyWhen the legends are gone, we'll still have Jack White and Dave Grohl.

Oh, dear god...

Maybe they can form a band together?
    Posted By: bonliveshttps://www.rollings...

Only just saw this news. I can’t see this being rescheduled any time soon.

Yes I bought tickets to their Brisbane show and I'm just a little annoyed they cancelled so late with the concert just being a few weeks away, but I suppose it is what it is...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Oct 3rd 2019 edited

feel sorry for his wife and kids..what sort of effect does it have on them ?...you see people and think theyve got it all..and yet they have nothing but a self destruct button
    • Oct 3rd 2019

Posted By: angus1878feel sorry for his wife and kids..what sort of effect does it have on them ?...you see people and think theyve got it all..and yet they have nothing but a self destruct button

I get your sentiment, but feel more sorry for the many many wives and kids around the world who don't live in multi million dollar houses with the associated perks, and have a bum of an alcoholic husband/father who, at best, just can't provide for the family and, at worst, is violent/abusive.

At least the Hetfields have many positives also, not least of which is that he is able to both recognise he has a problem and also is able and willing to afford the associated rehab. Of course, likely this is a difficult time for them, and I don't mean to trivialise that, but there is another way to look at things.

Sad but true :(
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Oct 3rd 2019

Posted By: nimeta
    Posted By: angus1878feel sorry for his wife and kids..what sort of effect does it have on them ?...you see people and think theyve got it all..and yet they have nothing but a self destruct button

I get your sentiment, but feel more sorry for the many many wives and kids around the world who don't live in multi million dollar houses with the associated perks, and have a bum of an alcoholic husband/father who, at best, just can't provide for the family and, at worst, is violent/abusive.

At least the Hetfields have many positives also, not least of which is that he is able to both recognise he has a problem and also is able and willing to afford the associated rehab. Of course, likely this is a difficult time for them, and I don't mean to trivialise that, but there is another way to look at things.

Sad but true :(

yep totally got ya 100 percent with ya ! correct......but, (especially metallica) preach togetherness and "family" and are also role models to millions...man, these people dont realise how lucky they are..but i guess if your not well your not well and being human, are allowed to slip like the rest of us !!

still sadder for the family tho !
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: BrianyWhen the legends are gone, we'll still have Jack White and Dave Grohl.

Oh, dear god...

Them Crooked Stripes?
    Posted By: Alex Lebanon
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Oh, dear god...

Them Crooked Stripes?

The White Fighters?
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • 4 days ago

https://www.blabberm...

They doing shows in 2020 now as well