To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

• AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Sep 26th 2019

A friend of mine is selling what has got to be one of the rarest Brian era collectibles. The 1980 UK 7” mispressing of what should have been the “You Shook Me All Night Long” single which actually contains “Have A Drink On Me” and “Shake A Leg”.
    It took me 37 years to get my copy and if I didn’t already own it I would snatch his hand off.
    Here is his description...

UK mispress Have A Drink On Me / Shake A Leg.
    HADOM side has a scratch at the start, 90° to the music. It clicks clearly, but not loud or needle hurting, through the intro, but stops when the full song kicks in (the scratch itself, not just hearing it). Otherwise it, and the SAL side are Excellent. No writing or marks on the labels, the PS is a very strong VG+

Anyone interested feel free to send me a whisper and I’ll pass on your offers.
    Cheers
    Goulash
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Sep 26th 2019 edited

Mark Wightman mentioned this mispress in the 90's. Pretty cool item.
    How do these usually go for?

I’m not a prospective buyer at all - just intrigued by the item.
    • AC/DC rock music: Overdose69
    • Sep 26th 2019 edited

There’s one for sale here

[Link to eBay item]
    • Sep 27th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundHow do these usually go for?

I’m not a prospective buyer at all - just intrigued by the item.

That’s the thing, they don’t usually come up so it’s anyone’a guess but I think the one on eBay is priced too high.
    My mate’s an avid collector and is more interested in it going to a fellow die hard than putting it up on eBay and where better to find a die hard than here?
    • Sep 27th 2019

Hi guys, the item’s now sold. Sorry to those who missed out.
    Cheers
    Goulash
    I might sell my Canadian RNRD mispress...
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Sep 28th 2019

^AT 3499?
    • Sep 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: tomscotlandI might sell my Canadian RNRD mispress...

Don’t you fuckin’ dare! Haha!
    Your collection deserves to have that gem in it. I certainly won’t be parting with my copy any time soon.
    Posted By: mkberg^AT 3499?

That’s the fella, Canadian promo mispress.
    Posted By: GoulashHi guys, the item’s now sold. Sorry to those who missed out.
    Cheers
    Goulash

Both copies appear to have been sold within 24 hours.

Considering how rare this item is its surprizing it doesn't command a higher price. It took me several years to get hold of my copy.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Sep 30th 2019

Posted By: Overdose69
    Posted By: GoulashHi guys, the item’s now sold. Sorry to those who missed out.
    Cheers
    Goulash

Both copies appear to have been sold within 24 hours.

Considering how rare this item is its surprizing it doesn't command a higher price. It took me several years to get hold of my copy.

I don't think it has its own Discogs listing, unless I missed it. If this is the case, maybe a lot of people don't even know about it??