[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: TryioToast
    • Sep 13th 2019 edited

So the Who just dropped the tracklist, first single and cover art for their new album titled 'WHO'.

I genuinely love the single so much, it really really kicks and I can see why, if the whole album is of this quality, that Daltrey thinks it one of their finest pieces.

Have a listen to it troops.

Toast.

T
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Sep 13th 2019

I can't listen to it right now, but I guarantee I'll later be describing it as "SHITE".
    Ball and Chain would be a good AC/DC title - don't like this song though.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2019

Posted By: DustDevilI can't listen to it right now, but I guarantee I'll later be describing it as "SHITE".

I was right.

SHITE.
    Turns out its identical to a song on one of Townshends albums called Guantanamo!

I don't have much hope for this album but we will see. Be great if we get a few songs with Pete just bashing out riffs, something like The Seeker or WGFA
    I liked the intro, which reminded me of the Quadrophenia album. The rest did not really catch me upon first listening. Not as fierce as I prefer.
    Who played piano on the intro? John Tesh?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Sep 13th 2019

Posted By: smithyAC/DCTurns out its identical to a song on one of Townshends albums called Guantanamo!

Well, Van Halen did the same sort of thing on their latest album. I like the song.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2019 edited

People here would lose their shit if AC/DC just dropped a song on Youtube like this. Let's hope.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2019 edited

You can SAY THAT AGAIN.
    • AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Sep 14th 2019

*sigh* I just wish some of these bands/groups/singers would leave their political opinions out of my entertainment. So many actors/singers/etc I can’t even stand any more.
    Aside from that, this song sucks.
    Posted By: BrennaB*sigh* I just wish some of these bands/groups/singers would leave their political opinions out of my entertainment. So many actors/singers/etc I can’t even stand any more.

Oh, you're so negative, now.
    •  
    • Sep 14th 2019

Posted By: BrennaB*sigh* I just wish some of these bands/groups/singers would leave their political opinions out of my entertainment. So many actors/singers/etc I can’t even stand any more.

One of the best rock songs of all time is political.

• Sep 15th 2019 edited

Posted By: Inferno

I know I know. And most of Pink Floyd’s stuff is political and I still love them (and I don’t even agree with a lot of it). Lol. I’ve been listening to a lot of their stuff lately. I guess this new song sucked so bad (to me) that it illicited a negative response from me. ;p.
    That, and after 9/11 Im in support of our military in Guantanamo for their efforts to gain information that might be helpful in preventing the death of many others. And... that’s about all I’ll say about that. Not gonna argue with anyone.
    You have to understand my background. 3 of my I’m immediate family members are retired military and each one went on to work their ways up in the ranks For police departments in the area (where I live). I myself worked in a police department for nearly 20 years (911 at first, then other admin stuff like exec asst shit, 911 supervisor, and evidence custodian) until the first of 4 back surgeries led to early retirement. I have a 5th surgery coming up. Ugh. So I’m just pro military and pro police. I have no tolerance for the bad police though, who diminish what the good ones do, but I’m pro good police. Lmao.
    •  
    • Sep 15th 2019 edited

Posted By: BrennaB

I know I know. And most of Pink Floyd’s stuff is political and I still love them (and I don’t even agree with a lot of it). Lol. I’ve been listening to a lot of their stuff lately. I guess this new song sucked so bad (to me) that it illicited a negative response from me. ;p.
    That, and after 9/11 Im in support of our military in Guantanamo for their efforts to gain information that might be helpful in preventing the death of many others. And... that’s about all I’ll say about that. Not gonna argue with anyone.
    You have to understand my background. 3 of my I’m immediate family members are retired military and each one went on to work their ways up in the ranks For police departments in the area (where I live). I myself worked in a police department for nearly 20 years (911 at first, then other admin stuff like exec asst shit, 911 supervisor, and evidence custodian) until the first of 4 back surgeries led to early retirement. I have a 5th surgery coming up. Ugh. So I’m just pro military and pro police. I have no tolerance for the bad police though, who diminish what the good ones do, but I’m pro good police. Lmao.

Interesting background, and thanks for the explanation. And also thanks for your family's service! I totally get where you are coming from, but I also hope that in most instances you can look past an artist's viewpoint even when you don't agree with it. That's what it's all about, right? Different viewpoints that are allowed to speak. We all share and we all learn. Hopefully everyone keeps an open mind. There's a bunch of musicians and actors who's work I enjoy, but who's politics I don't agree with. I'd be missing out on a lot of good art if I boycotted those who don't think like me.

Sorry about your back. I hope number 5 is the charm!

edit: I also think that most people's hearts are in the right place, even when they have very different viewpoints on a subject.
    I enjoyed that. It's got that classic Who sound and the r&b roots shine through. Great introduction to the new album.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Sep 15th 2019

•  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Sep 15th 2019

"hope i die before i get old"
    John Fogerty churned out hit after hit after hit in 69/70 - amazing
    • Sep 17th 2019

Posted By: BrennaB

Interesting background, and thanks for the explanation. And also thanks for your family's service! I totally get where you are coming from, but I also hope that in most instances you can look past an artist's viewpoint even when you don't agree with it. That's what it's all about, right? Different viewpoints that are allowed to speak. We all share and we all learn. Hopefully everyone keeps an open mind. There's a bunch of musicians and actors who's work I enjoy, but who's politics I don't agree with. I'd be missing out on a lot of good art if I boycotted those who don't think like me.

Sorry about your back. I hope number 5 is the charm!

edit: I also think thatmostpeople's hearts are in the right place, even when they have very different viewpoints on a subject.

I DO understand all that, and even said as much n my explanation above. Just about EVERY artist out there has the same liberal views. I overlook it mostly, it’s just the Guantanamo thing made me a little touchy. Lol.
    I myself am not an ultra conservative, although many of my views lean that way. I’m more moderate, kind of in the middle, but I support, and will always support, our military.
    •  
    • Sep 17th 2019

Posted By: BrennaBI’m more moderate, kind of in the middle, but I support, and will always support, our military.

Me too.
    New single out today. Give it a listen.
    • AC/DC rock music: Strat54
    • Oct 3rd 2019

Sounds typical Who, that's a good thing. Liked the first song, like this one more.
    Posted By: BrennaBI’m more moderate, kind of in the middle, but I support, and will always support, our military.

Me too.

I am on the right, but far away from any neo-nazi fools . But all this leftis music propaganda does nothing to me, sigh is the right term.

Daltrey sounds great for his age. They only pulled the plug on two shows and the tour is back on, he had an infection in his throath and it is fixed. I would trust that is true as he sounded real good earlier.
    Love this new one. The first was good but this is classic Who, sounds great to me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Oct 4th 2019

Digging both songs. Wish Roger and Pete good health. Hope I'll have a chance to see them live again.
    Liking both songs! Daltrey + Townshend are in great shape for their mid 70's
    Posted By: smithyAC/DCLiking both songs! Daltrey + Townshend are in great shape for their mid 70's

True that, I love it when an older act can still put out music that sounds not far off from their hey day. Just another victory lap so to speak, they sound great.

A band who is so known for their rhythm section, sounding this good without them...is no small feat. Production sounds excellent on this as well,I hope the rest of the record is up to snuff. Looking forward to more.
    Liking both songs. Prefer second one. Nice return. I just hope AC/DC can do the same if it happens at all
    •  
    • Oct 4th 2019

ive always wondered at the end of QUADROPHENIA the movie...does Jimmy just conceed to "normal life" and go back to his home endlessly apologising ?, does he make it up with his friends after their spat ?, does he go and get another job ?...does he remain a MOD ?...or does he change and just settle for the bog standard path with 2.4 children wife and 2 holiday a year chasing his tail ?
    Posted By: angus1878ive always wondered at the end of QUADROPHENIA the movie...does Jimmy just conceed to "normal life" and go back to his home endlessly apologising ?, does he make it up with his friends after their spat ?, does he go and get another job ?...does he remain a MOD ?...or does he change and just settle for the bog standard path with 2.4 children wife and 2 holiday a year chasing his tail ?

He killed himself.
    •  
    • Oct 6th 2019

er,did he ?
    •  
    • Oct 6th 2019

SHITE.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Oct 8th 2019

Posted By: angus1878er,did he ?

No. The film begins at the end, him walking back up the cliff.

The ending is more ambiguous on the (superior) original album.
    •  
    • Oct 8th 2019

imagine going through life thinking Jimmy died !!
    •  
    • Nov 26th 2019 edited

This is interesting. It's not Brett Buchanan bad, but Blabbermouth just takes the worst part of a long interview for the "shock and awe" effect of it. There's a bit more to it if you read the original story. Still pretty shocking though.

THE WHO guitarist Pete Townshend has said in a new interview with Rolling Stone that he doesn't miss the band's late drummer Keith Moon and bassist John Entwistle.

"It's not going to make WHO fans very happy, but thank God they're gone," he said. "Because they were fucking difficult to play with. They never, ever managed to create bands for themselves. I think my musical discipline, my musical efficiency as a rhythm player, held the band together."

Townshend said Entwistle's "bass sound was like a Messiaen organ," with "every note, every harmonic in the sky. When he passed away and I did the first few shows without him, with Pino [Palladino] on bass, he was playing without all that stuff … I said, 'Wow, I have a job.'"

The guitarist was equally brutal in his recollection of Moon, saying: "With Keith, my job was keeping time, because he didn't do that. So when he passed away, it was, like, 'Oh, I don't have to keep time anymore.'"

Townshend added: "Usually, I'm so unaffected by death. My mother, father, Keith Moon."

Moon was 32 years old when he died in 1978 from an overdose of clomethiazole, while while Entwistle passed away from a cocaine-induced heart attack in 2002.

In the Rolling Stone article, Townshend and singer Roger Daltrey are described as "detached, if not estranged, from each other," with the two giving interviews separately and staying in different hotels.

"If you watch Roger onstage, he goes through a lot of visual phases," said Townshend. "Sometimes, he can't stop himself looking over at me. It's irritation. It's irritation that I'm even there."

(this last line is totally out of context. It wasn't at the end of interview) Toward the end of the interview, Townshend summed up THE WHO in the following way: "We're not a band anymore. There's a lot of people who don't like it when I say it, but we're just not a fucking band. Even when we were, I used to sit there thinking, 'This is a fucking waste of time. Take 26 because Keith Moon has had one glass of brandy too many.'"

THE WHO will release a new album, simply called "Who", on December 6.
    •  
    • Nov 26th 2019

Townshend is a proper rude cunt.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 26th 2019

Posted By: InfernoThis is interesting. It's not Brett Buchanan bad, but Blabbermouth just takes the worst part of a long interview for the "shock and awe" effect of it. There's a bit more to it if you read the original story. Still pretty shocking though.

THE WHO guitarist Pete Townshend has said in a new interview with Rolling Stone that he doesn't miss the band's late drummer Keith Moon and bassist John Entwistle.

"It's not going to make WHO fans very happy, but thank God they're gone," he said. "Because they were fucking difficult to play with. They never, ever managed to create bands for themselves. I think my musical discipline, my musical efficiency as a rhythm player, held the band together."

Townshend said Entwistle's "bass sound was like a Messiaen organ," with "every note, every harmonic in the sky. When he passed away and I did the first few shows without him, with Pino [Palladino] on bass, he was playing without all that stuff … I said, 'Wow, I have a job.'"

The guitarist was equally brutal in his recollection of Moon, saying: "With Keith, my job was keeping time, because he didn't do that. So when he passed away, it was, like, 'Oh, I don't have to keep time anymore.'"

Townshend added: "Usually, I'm so unaffected by death. My mother, father, Keith Moon."

Moon was 32 years old when he died in 1978 from an overdose of clomethiazole, while while Entwistle passed away from a cocaine-induced heart attack in 2002.

In the Rolling Stone article, Townshend and singer Roger Daltrey are described as "detached, if not estranged, from each other," with the two giving interviews separately and staying in different hotels.

"If you watch Roger onstage, he goes through a lot of visual phases," said Townshend. "Sometimes, he can't stop himself looking over at me. It's irritation. It's irritation that I'm even there."

(this last line is totally out of context. It wasn't at the end of interview) Toward the end of the interview, Townshend summed up THE WHO in the following way: "We're not a band anymore. There's a lot of people who don't like it when I say it, but we're just not a fucking band. Even when we were, I used to sit there thinking, 'This is a fucking waste of time. Take 26 because Keith Moon has had one glass of brandy too many.'"

THE WHO will release a new album, simply called "Who", on December 6.

This is the original RS article: https://www.rollings...

Entertaining read!
    Posted By: Infernobut Blabbermouth just takes the worst part of a long interview for the "shock and awe" effect of it.

Welcome to "Journalism" in 2019.
    I got to see this for the 1st time ever a few weeks ago. What a performance. Keith Moon is completely BONKERS!

Pete Townshend clarified his comments:

https://ultimateclas...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Nov 28th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_permI got to see this for the 1st time ever a few weeks ago. What a performance. Keith Moon is completely BONKERS!

I had been considering putting this up the past week, one of the best performances ever captured on film IMO.
    There's been a cat and mouse game on YT for years with this clip with it being taken off nearly as soon as it is uploaded. Maybe The Who finally got the rights for it off the Rolling Stones, but it's great to see a quality version finally making it to their YT channel.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Nov 28th 2019

Posted By: GaolbreakI had been considering putting this up the past week, one of the best performances ever captured on film IMO.

Superb isn't it. Blew the Stones (and everyone else) off the stage on their own TV special.
    Sure, they published the controversial parts of the interview, but words like that can hardly be taken out of context

The clarification of his comments make a BIT more sense, but words such as those published in the article need to be carefully spoken as well as exist alongside such clarification in order to not sound like a "proper rude cunt". He utterly failed to do that.