To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

• AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Sep 9th 2019

Lots of historic discussion here about Metallica,and we all have our own views of the early Cliff stuff, the Black Album and the later stuff, plus how they treated Jason like shit bla bla bla.... But one album that seems never to get a mention is the one I play the most..Garage Inc

https://en.wikipedia...

For better or worse, whatever you think of this album, I am sure it introduced a load of people to music they may otherwise have not listened to. So years back it got me into Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, plus BOC (I really like their version of Astronomy). I didn't get off much on their version of Whisky in the Jar, although I guess some people will love it. And this video is great also..

Any other fans of this album?
    Not a fan of this album, but I like Mercyful Fate and King Diamond if that counts.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Sep 9th 2019

I remember catching Metallica's '98 Roseland Ballroom show where they play a lot of stuff off this record and wondering what the hell these amazing songs were. Especially Sabbra Caddabra/National Acrobat. Great riffs.

Picked this album up a little bit later and played the hell out of it, as well as along to it. The sense of fun on the album is palpable, and because its covers its not too overthought.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Sep 9th 2019

Bought the EP when it came out. Enjoyed having the songs recorded when previously I had only heard them live. That said probably only listened once in the last 25 years.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 9th 2019

Only familiar with The $5.98 E.P.: Garage Days Re-Revisited.

Had that on tape in '87. Played the hell out of Helpless. Great riiff and song.
    The original E.P. is the best metal stuff the band ever recorded with Newsted.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Badlands66
    • Sep 9th 2019 edited

Prior to the double extended cd the $5.98 EP had a real mytichal quality about it,
    it was hard to get a hold of and as a result not to many were familiar with it.
    Whenever they pulled out a deep cut from the EP it was always cool being so rare and all, that all changed with the cd release though, adding a bunch of inferior new tracks.
    Disc 2 (the older stuff) is the best stuff Metallica's ever done, if you ask me:

The Wait
    Crash Course In Brain Surgery (It's painful that they've only played this live ONCE)
    Last Caress/Green Hell
    Am I Evil
    BREADFAN!
    Stone Cold Crazy
    So What

*headbangs approvingly*

Disc 1 (the newer stuff) has a few good ones too:

Free Speech For The Dumb
    It's Electric
    Die, Die My Darling

Metallica's own song structures feel so flat in comparison.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Sep 10th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_permThe original E.P. is the best metal stuff the band ever recorded with Newsted.

If they paid me - and I'm very cheap being I'm not a producer or recording engineer - I could vastly improve their seminal Justice album and make that the best metal work with Jason. I wouldn't even have to break stride. I'd just walk in the door toward the mixing console, whack the bass fader up to mid way or so as I u-turn to walk back out.

Ta-ta, gentlemen. Put me cheque in the post.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 10th 2019

I think in 1988 there was something bad in the water that the producers drank.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Sep 10th 2019

Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permThe original E.P. is the best metal stuff the band ever recorded with Newsted.

If they paid me - and I'm very cheap being I'm not a producer or recording engineer - I could vastly improve their seminal Justice album and make that the best metal work with Jason. I wouldn't even have to break stride. I'd just walk in the door toward the mixing console, whack the bass fader up to mid way or so as I u-turn to walk back out.

Ta-ta, gentlemen. Put me cheque in the post.

yes, its annoying, cos it could/should have been one of the greatest rock albums of all time. Some amazing songs there. But they were completely fucked up with the untimely death of Cliff and I don't think the helped. Especially it didn't help Jason, but that's a different story!!
    About 15 when I got this and got me into Misfits/Danzig other projects. Listen to more Danzig written songs than Metallica these days