•  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Aug 31st 2019

The foundry that cast the Hells Bell is under threat of closure:

It tolls for thee: £5m needed to save Britain’s last working bell foundry

https://www.theguard...
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Aug 31st 2019

I visited the foundry about 30 years ago and it was fascinating to see the Hells Bell blueprints.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Aug 31st 2019

Posted By: GoulashI visited the foundry about 30 years ago and it was fascinating to see the Hells Bell blueprints.

Be interested to know if they're still there- and also, did they cast the stage bell that nearly fell on Angus, or provide the bell for the recording- which, from memory, was slowed down on tape to sound an octave lower?
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Sep 1st 2019

I have lived in Loughborough since 1992 and always felt good that there is the connection with ACDC and the foundry. Sincerely hope it can be saved and continues for many years.
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Sep 1st 2019 edited

Posted By: Treehorn
    Posted By: GoulashI visited the foundry about 30 years ago and it was fascinating to see the Hells Bell blueprints.

Be interested to know if they're still there- and also, did they cast the stage bell that nearly fell on Angus, or provide the bell for the recording- which, from memory, was slowed down on tape to sound an octave lower?
    Yeah, they cast the stage bell, which is the one the one that was recorded and slowed down for use on the album. I’ve touched the stage bell and it’s fucking gorgeous.