[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: fdevil
    • Nov 4th 2019

Brian looking good, as Phil and Cliff...
    May be some issue with the two last Young standing...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Nov 4th 2019 edited

Posted By: BrennaBOzzy is the reason I laugh every time someone suggests touring Insurance might be the hold up for AC/DC.
    IF Ozzy can be insured

Ozzy is indestructible! Nothing kills Ozzy! The Reaper keeps trying, but can't get the job done. Ozzy is a sure bet! : )

Brenna, how is the back doing?
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • Nov 4th 2019

Anyone can get insurance.

The problem is the underwriters inserting certain clauses and limitations on what is covered and whether you are willing to accept that financial risk and pay a hefty premium.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 4th 2019

GOOOO COMPAAAARE
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Nov 5th 2019

A little more complicated than that.

I've spent my tour money for this year but kept a little back for Christmas. Just in case.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Nov 5th 2019

Posted By: JemI've spent my tour money for this year but kept a little back for Christmas. Just in case.

ACDC drawing book release on X-mas confirmed then!
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Nov 5th 2019

Posted By: Jet1984
    Posted By: JemI've spent my tour money for this year but kept a little back for Christmas. Just in case.

ACDC drawing book release on X-mas confirmed then!

Nah...buy this for the wife.

http://acdc.bandstor...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Nov 5th 2019

Posted By: nimeta

JFC.
    • Nov 5th 2019

Posted By: Grim177

JFC.

well, it was quite a popular item...

LOGO BOLT LADIES CARDICAN
    £21.25
    - Knitted cardigan
    - All-over pattern
    - Hood
    - Worn open
    - Loose fit
    - Two attached pockets
    - Patch on the chest and on the back

Sold Out
    I hope Angus isn’t ill.
    Posted By: Grim177

JFC.
    Would fit 1930s Dr. Frankenstein VERY nicely!
    It would still look good on a hot stripper in high heels.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Nov 6th 2019

Gotta believe that one week into November equals nada for 2019.
    Posted By: MeanstreakIt would still look good on a hot stripper in high heels.

Yep
    •  
    • Nov 7th 2019

Sure wish AC/DC would do this.

https://twitter.com/...
    Recent pic off Twitter ^
    • AC/DC rock music: Argento
    • Nov 7th 2019

Brian is tour ready!
    • AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Nov 8th 2019 edited

Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: BrennaBOzzy is the reason I laugh every time someone suggests touring Insurance might be the hold up for AC/DC.
    IF Ozzy can be insured

Ozzy is indestructible! Nothing kills Ozzy! The Reaper keeps trying, but can't get the job done. Ozzy is a sure bet! : )

Brenna, how is the back doing?

All this is true!! Not many people could do as much as he has and still be around.

Did I post something about my back? I don’t whine about it or complain about it so I can’t remember. I’ve been through a lot the last month and been taking a lot of drugs (legally prescribed) so not surprised I wouldn’t remember. I have my 5th back surgery (I started getting them in my late 20s) on Sept 30 and I’m doing much better. Thanks for asking. ;)
    This is a very small section of the hardware he removed and replaced. He kept the 2 screws out though because that disc had healed since last surgery. (Fused). I’m hoping this picture doesn’t turn out gigantic.
    And, I hope no o e minds me posting this. It’s not like much is going on. Haha
    https://imgur.com/a/...

Geez, I thought it would only link to one photo. All of them are there. Anyway, that titanium in my hand is the small section he removed and replaced. Like one disc area. My back has hardware from L1 all the way down to S1. I don’t do anything half assed. Lmao
    That’s unreal brenna, hope you’re getting better!
    • Nov 8th 2019

I am. Bounced right back, again. Hahaha. After 5 I’ve pretty much mastered it. I keep being told to slow down but I can’t slow down. That’s a speed I’m not too familiar with.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 8th 2019

Wow, good luck BrennaB, glad that went well and you're on the mend. Was it injury originally, or just your genes or something?
    • Nov 8th 2019

It wasn't any one injury. I answered 911 for years and worked in police admin after that (kept getting promoted) so I did a lot of sitting on my ass, probably not correctly and probably in crappy chairs. I had back aches all the time. Went to chiro for years, didn’t help. Went to Ortho, got an MRI, had 2 herniated discs so they fused those two. That caused more pressure on the discs above and below the discs that were fused (b/c they were solid, wouldn't move). I ended up having 4 more fusions as the discs blew. Haha. Good news is, he doesn't think it will happen any further up because there isn't
    much flexibility between the lumbar and the neck.

Tried to make that as short as I could. So boring I know.
    • Nov 8th 2019

Posted By: BrennaBIt wasn't any one injury. I answered 911 for years and worked in police admin after that (kept getting promoted) so I did a lot of sitting on my ass, probably not correctly and probably in crappy chairs. I had back aches all the time. Went to chiro for years, didn’t help. Went to Ortho, got an MRI, had 2 herniated discs so they fused those two. That caused more pressure on the discs above and below the discs that were fused (b/c they were solid, wouldn't move). I ended up having 4 more fusions as the discs blew. Haha. Good news is, he doesn't think it will happen any further up because there isn't

Not boring at all.. Makes me think, as I sit at a desk all day.. You can see why drummers get injuries as well, though I guess it's also a good way to keep fit.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 8th 2019

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: BrennaBIt wasn't any one injury. I answered 911 for years and worked in police admin after that (kept getting promoted) so I did a lot of sitting on my ass, probably not correctly and probably in crappy chairs. I had back aches all the time. Went to chiro for years, didn’t help. Went to Ortho, got an MRI, had 2 herniated discs so they fused those two. That caused more pressure on the discs above and below the discs that were fused (b/c they were solid, wouldn't move). I ended up having 4 more fusions as the discs blew. Haha. Good news is, he doesn't think it will happen any further up because there isn't

Not boring at all.. Makes me think, as I sit at a desk all day.. You can see why drummers get injuries as well, though I guess it's also a good way to keep fit.

The best thing to do, if you sit all day at the desk, is to take breaks every 2 or 3 hours and go for a walk (and walk as much as possible in general). And also change sitting positions as often as possible. Worst thing to do is to sit 8 hours without a break in the same position. That will kill your back. And try to don't get too fat.
    • Nov 8th 2019

Posted By: Rocco

The best thing to do, if you sit all day at the desk, is to take breaks every 2 or 3 hours and go for a walk (and walk as much as possible in general). And also change sitting positions as often as possible. Worst thing to do is to sit 8 hours without a break in the same position. That will kill your back. And try to don't get too fat.

Yes - I used to have back problems from too much sitting around and I became a fat fuck also. Then, after a fairly nasty malaria incident, I started to get blood pressure issues and realised unless I did something I was gonna really end up in a bad way.

Obviously we can tell you about exercise and shit...but what works for one person is unlikely to work for another, except to say I became an exercise fanatic. However, one very small investment that has helped me in the office environment is the apple ear pods. Now instead of sitting on my arse for all the long tedious conference calls, I slip the AirPods in my ear and walk around the office whilst on this calls. Even standing up and not doing much gets me out of that office chair.

The other advantage of an earpod is that in a boring meeting I can quietly have an earpod in just one ear have enjoy the gentle melodies of Powerage whilst all the self important people compete with each other to see who can talk the most shit in one meeting. I have been doing that for years now and my career has gone from strength to strength during that time (seriously!)
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2019

Posted By: BrennaBAnd, I hope no o e minds me posting this. It’s not like much is going on. Haha
    https://imgur.com/a/...

Man, that's like Terminator amounts of metal!
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 8th 2019

Posted By: Rocco

Yes - I used to have back problems from too much sitting around and I became a fat fuck also. Then, after a fairly nasty malaria incident, I started to get blood pressure issues and realised unless I did something I was gonna really end up in a bad way.

Obviously we can tell you about exercise and shit...but what works for one person is unlikely to work for another, except to say I became an exercise fanatic. However, one very small investment that has helped me in the office environment is the apple ear pods. Now instead of sitting on my arse for all the long tedious conference calls, I slip the AirPods in my ear and walk around the office whilst on this calls. Even standing up and not doing much gets me out of that office chair.

The other advantage of an earpod is that in a boring meeting I can quietly have an earpod in just one ear have enjoy the gentle melodies of Powerage whilst all the self important people compete with each other to see who can talk the most shit in one meeting. I have been doing that for years now and my career has gone from strength to strength during that time (seriously!)

Best thing I ever did, was getting myself a dog and being forced to walk every fucking day for atleast 3 hours every fucking day of the year. No matter what the weather is, no matter what mood you are in you've got get your ass off wherever it sits and walk. Some days it's a fucking drag but i wouldn't want to miss it for a second.
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2019

Evil walks?
    I’m not an office person but one of those stand up office desks I’d imagine would be pretty good too
    • Nov 8th 2019

I was able to get up and down pretty much as often as I wanted to. I walked back and forth to city hall to take mail, pick up mail, and other stuff about 4x a day. I couldn’t do that when I was answering 911 for my first 8 years but the last part of my career I could, the last 10 years. I think it was part genetics as well. My dad has had 1 surgery where he had 1 level fused. His is nothing like my 5 levels. It sucks but I don’t complain... much. Ha.
    And yes, having dogs that need walking helps too. I have 2. I take them walking on the beach a lot or just around in my neighborhood. Good exercise for them AND me.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Nov 9th 2019

Posted By: BrennaBI was able to get up and down pretty much as often as I wanted to. I walked back and forth to city hall to take mail, pick up mail, and other stuff about 4x a day. I couldn’t do that when I was answering 911 for my first 8 years but the last part of my career I could, the last 10 years. I think it was part genetics as well. My dad has had 1 surgery where he had 1 level fused. His is nothing like my 5 levels. It sucks but I don’t complain... much. Ha.
    And yes, having dogs that need walking helps too. I have 2. I take them walking on the beach a lot or just around in my neighborhood. Good exercise for them AND me.

Wow Brenna! That's incredible hope all stays well! Do you carry a screwdriver in case of an emergency? Or is your doc gonna turn you into the bionic woman? :)
    • Nov 10th 2019

Posted By: Nachos73
    Wow Brenna! That's incredible hope all stays well! Do you carry a screwdriver in case of an emergency? Or is your doc gonna turn you into the bionic woman? :)

Haha, no screwdriver. Just a card that tells people I have a bunch of metal I. Y back in case I get stopped going through a metal detector. I go through them all the time though and not once have they gone off.
    • AC/DC rock music: SnakeEye
    • Nov 11th 2019

I wonder if Margaret being ill has had anything to do with the delay in any news on what the lads have planned?

It is possible if they had known for a while, Angus would not have wanted to be on the other side of the world cancelling shows etc when she passed?

Tough few years for Angus.

RIP Margaret.
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Nov 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: SnakeEyeI wonder if Margaret being ill has had anything to do with the delay in any news on what the lads have planned?

It is possible if they had known for a while, Angus would not have wanted to be on the other side of the world cancelling shows etc when she passed?

RIP Margaret.

Sad news but I doubt it had any effect on any tour plans

Angus did a 2 year ROB tour while Mal was seriously ill in a care home in Australia, with advanced dementia he could have died from complications any time during ROB and Angus still toured
    • Nov 12th 2019

Posted By: CWT1965
    Posted By: SnakeEyeI wonder if Margaret being ill has had anything to do with the delay in any news on what the lads have planned?

RIP Margaret.

Angus did a 2 year ROB tour while Mal was seriously ill in a care home in Australia, with advanced dementia he could have died from complications any time during ROB and Angus still toured

Yeah fair point.
    Posted By: CWT1965

RIP Margaret.

Angus still toured with his singer turning deaf and drummer facing jail.
    Nothing rocks his boat apparently.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 13th 2019

The Youngs are/were not sentimental persons when it comes down to work ethic.
    Posted By: ThankassThe Youngs are/were not sentimental persons when it comes down to work ethic.

^^This. Hard nosed Scots motherfuckers
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Nov 13th 2019

https://www.alternati...

Copy & Paste & repeat.......!!!!!!!

Briam does look tour ready, but just in case. Call this dude if Brian is not a shoo-in. This geezer is tour ready.
    •  
    • Nov 13th 2019

^ An AC/DC Christmas Residency: December 1st - 24th, Las Vegas Colosseum.
    Posted By: ThankassThe Youngs are/were not sentimental persons when it comes down to work ethic.

Yep. The years both parents died (85 and 88 iirc) were both busy years. Maybe Mal was affected somewhat in 88...
    Well, they did say there were big family problems Malcolm was dealing with in 88...
    • Nov 13th 2019

I understand and know how they roll.

I just thought that this time maybe losing Mal has changed Angus a bit.

Just clutching at straws waiting for an update from them, haha!
    Aren't these threads supposed to be locked before they reach 1,000 posts?
    •  
    • Nov 14th 2019

100 pages.
    We got 80 pages to go, then
    80 pages for the Triple Bitch Fever speculation then, sounds good to me
    • Nov 14th 2019

What's pissing me off is seeing all these appalling 80s bands with 1 or 2 original members, singers who can't sing at all anymore etc. all out there. Plus other, decent, old bands like Deep Purple, Scorpions.... I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to know AC/DC are finished, or whether the hanging on in hope is a better way to be let down gradually?!

Even UFO are on a final tour, KISS as well..