To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 12th 2019 edited

This is a pretty nice tribute to Malcolm by a german band called TXL. I don't know if this has already been posted (If so, then sorry:)
    As a tribute, it's mainly the lyrics that make it appealing; Just put on the subtitles, English translation is pretty accurate.

(The title of this song roughly translates to "The best right hand of Rock'n'Roll)

Even if you don't like the sound, gotta admit it's a sweet idea:)
    The heart is in the right place...however literally the most literal tribute ever, very German. Needs a hint of nuance and subtlety
    •  
    • Aug 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: Geordie_boot_boyNeeds a hint of nuance and subtlety

Hahaha, yes I totally agree, especially also musically. But as you said, I also feel the heart is in the right place:) And yes, it's very german ;)

I just think it's nice some band dedicated a whole album to Malcolm. That's what I appreciate.
    It's like they took a post here and put it to music! Too fuckin' much (as a song; the sentiment is 100% correct).

Fuckin' literal, square... um, square pegs. They're probably fun to drink with.

They gotta warm up that sound too, btw. Way too harsh. At least on my laptop And the solo totally doesn't go for an Angus feel with too many notes and not enough sexy blues... But they mean well.
    •  
    • Aug 12th 2019

^I agree, but since those guys went through the effort of dedicating a whole album to Malcolm, I thought it would be appropriate to share it here.
    Man that is Teutonic.
    You guys are dead inside.

German phrasing i’m sure is different from English phrasing so i’m not going to act like the translation is 100% how it’s meant to be taken.

Can’t say i’d Listen to it again, but it rocked for the one time I put it on.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Aug 12th 2019

Very nice, and heart definitely in the right place.

But this is like if Alternative Nation read a post on here and made it into a song.

In German ;)
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Aug 13th 2019

Very cool indeed! Very heartfelt. Nice share Doc!
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Aug 13th 2019

Posted By: jonalbaVery nice, and heart definitely in the right place.

But this is like if Alternative Nation read a post on here and made it into a song.

In German ;)

Ouch!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 13th 2019

That’s fucking brilliant you miserable bastards.

I love it when scientific fact is set to music.

Also nice touch of Mal from the guitarist.
    •  
    • Aug 13th 2019 edited

Posted By:JemI love it when scientific fact is set to music.

Posted By: jonalbaBut this is like if Alternative Nation read a post on here and made it into a song.

In German ;)

Accurate description XD

It's odd, because in German, it's not so much the lyrics that bother me, but I can see how terrible it would sound if performed in English XD

Lyrically & Musically it's your typical generic german "biker rock". It all sounds like that, maybe that's why the lyrics didn't stand out to me, they're all usually like that in that "musical genre"(Very hit-you-over-the-head / teutonic, yes:)

But it's more that "generic biker rock"-part that bothers me, which essentially means: "rather little class or subtlety" XD...but a heartfelt tribute anyway
    •  
    • Aug 13th 2019

Funny bit: When they sing Malcolm it sounds very much like "Mal-kimm" to my ears XD
    They use the Bad Boy Boogie intermission riff. True fans.
    •  
    • Aug 14th 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakTrue fans.

No doubt:)
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 17th 2019

Posted By: DrBelfordFunny bit: When they sing Malcolm it sounds very much like "Mal-kimm" to my ears XD

I heard "Mädchen" (which would translate as "girl" – for all those who don't understand German). :D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 17th 2019

I heard Mitchell
    The Best Right Hand in Rock N' Roll. Yes, these guys know what they are talking about. To have that perfect understanding of the phenomenon Malcolm Young means that they ought to be great lads. Very charming performance!