To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Aug 10th 2019 edited

A guy I work with is selling his records and amongst them are some AC/DC vinyls.
    He’s listed Bon Scott’s Last Oui Oui on eBay

[Link to eBay item]

I’ve had it in my hands and it’s in fantastic condition with the only negative being that someone has leaned on it to write “£43-00” and it has left an imprint on the sleeve. However, I had to hold it up to the light to see it.

He also had the French box set with the poster and 7” single in mint condition that I bought off him to go with the German copy I own.

I asked what other AC/DC records he had and off the top of my head, there were...
    12” Whole Lotta Rosie
    12” Touch Too Much
    12” Lets Get It Up

All UK pressings, I believe.

If anyone needs/wants any of these then get in touch with him cos he really looks after his stuff.
    Is that bootleg the same concert as the Paris gig that was filmed?
    • Aug 10th 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakIs that bootleg the same concert as the Paris gig that was filmed?

This is taken from the 2nd show whereas the LTBR movie is (if my memory serves me correctly) taken from both shows. This bootleg contains TNT, which is missing from the film.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 10th 2019

And it is a crushing version of TNT.

“Tell ya why ...”
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 10th 2019

Posted By: Goulash
    Posted By: MeanstreakIs that bootleg the same concert as the Paris gig that was filmed?

This is taken from the 2nd show whereas the LTBR movie is (if my memory serves me correctly) taken from both shows. This bootleg contains TNT, which is missing from the film.

The audio of LTBR The Movie is also from the second – the evening – show only. There's some additional footage from another show in some parts (like the long distance shots during the song LTBR) but these are from an altogether different gig and not from the afternoon gig in Paris as some people believe. There's also a bootleg recording of the afternoon show in Paris and it has Bon fucking up GGR a little bit IIRC.
    • Aug 10th 2019

Posted By: Rocco

The audio of LTBR The Movie is also from the second – the evening – show only. There's some additional footage from another show in some parts (like the long distance shots during the song LTBR) but these are from an altogether different gig and not from the afternoon gig in Paris as some people believe. There's also a bootleg recording of the afternoon show in Paris and it has Bon fucking up GGR a little bit IIRC.

Brilliant info Rocco. Do you know the source for the Last Oui Oui bootleg? Is it the same source as for the movie. Reason I ask is the lack of video for TNT and if I remember correctly, the film doesn’t have the whole of WAOY but the record does. Been half a lifetime since I last watched the movie... and that needs rectifying :-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Aug 10th 2019

Brilliant info Rocco. Do you know the source for the Last Oui Oui bootleg? Is it the same source as for the movie. Reason I ask is the lack of video for TNT and if I remember correctly, the film doesn’t have the whole of WAOY but the record does. Been half a lifetime since I last watched the movie... and that needs rectifying :-)

The complete WAOY and TNT of the Paris gig can be found on the official release inside the Bonfire box. So what' s so special about it on an bootleg ?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Aug 10th 2019

Posted By: 7sevenThe complete WAOY and TNT of the Paris gig can be found on the official release inside the Bonfire box. So what' s so special about it on an bootleg ?

Why do some collectors have 29 copies of the same album with identical mastering and the only thing that differentiates them are a couple of serial numbers.

Collectors be collecting.

As far as I know this boot was around 25 years before Bonfire and is regarded as a bit of a classic.
    • Aug 10th 2019

Posted By: 7seven

The complete WAOY and TNT of the Paris gig can be found on the official release inside the Bonfire box. So what' s so special about it on an bootleg ?

Fair point but it depends on whether or not you’re a collector and, if so, what you collect. One of the most sought after bootlegs is “110/220” but that’s just the Live From The Atlantic Studios show which was also in Bonfire. Similarly, why do people pay a fortune for A-label promo singles etc.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Aug 10th 2019 edited

Posted By: 7seven

Fair point but it depends on whether or not you’re a collector and, if so, what you collect. One of the most sought after bootlegs is “110/220” but that’s just the Live From The Atlantic Studios show which was also in Bonfire. Similarly, why do people pay a fortune for A-label promo singles etc.

Ah ok, i get it :-) I'm a (little) Ac/Dc collecter, no bootlegs, just the basics ... Sure could be interesting for collecters. I was just interested, because for me personal a bootleg is useless when there is an official release of it, unless there's more stuff on it. Or the untouched version of IYWB's Rosie :-)
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 10th 2019

I'm neither an expert nor a collector when it comes to bootlegs but I seem to remember that Bon Scott's Last Oui Oui stems from a radio broadcast of the Paris gig. But don't quote me on that because I really don't know if I remember it correctly or not.

Yeah, the movie is indeed missing TNT and has WAOY cut short (which is a real shame). Plus the segment of WAOY doesn't show the actual concert footage but has Bon dancing on a frozen lake, Cliff flying a plane and Phil driving a Porsche.
    Oui oui is from the FM broadcast Live on the night. There's DJ chatter etc. It's the full evening show unabridged.