To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

That is to say no more studio albums/ tours/festivals/one-offs, anything. My opinion is we won't see them again in that capacity. That's totally fine by me, because I've seen them 11 times in my 54 years, was NEVER disappointed, got my money's worth at every show and now have my memories to look back on.

As far as what they did in Vancouver last year? I think they probably cut a few tracks to put on some kind of compilation album or a tribute. I can't see ANY band recording an album solely to put it in the vaults and collect dust. If it was a proper, full-length effort, it'd be out by now. AC/DC have recorded and released albums well within a calendar year before, so they're obviously capable of that.

For the most part, I think the mighty AC/DC is kaput.

What say you?
    I think there is another thread where you will find people talking about this kind of stuff.
    I had a dream where Brian Johnson threw up on stage, so I guess it's possible.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 9th 2019

Nah.

SFC
    • AC/DC rock music: ryank97
    • Aug 9th 2019

I dont think we've heard the last from the band and its more a matter of when than if. Saying that though it will be quite astonishing to see the boys walk onto that stage after everything thats happened.
    If they are finished I respect that decision, if they continue I will be happy to join in on their touring schedule for another run. In any case, personally, I'm not any longer eager to hear any news from the band. It will probably occur at some point in time, earliest during the end of the year.
    I think something will happen at some point. Whether that's a few shows, a new album, or even just a few songs I don't know. I'm absolutely hopeful that we'll get some new studio stuff, but not hopeful about getting it very soon. Could be next year. Happy 2 years since the infamous Vancouver sightings. Sounds like fucking aliens.
    I get that one day a week, but then snap back to hope.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Janonen
    • Aug 10th 2019

I'm more of a What If BUYV Had Been Such and Such kinda guy.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Aug 10th 2019

They ain't done yet.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 10th 2019

Nope. Not finished:) No matter what comes, they're already legends:)
    DrBelford, you have a PhD in the art of being positive?
    This has been said by a few people before, I refuse to believe that Angus would just let the band fade away, whether he does something with Brian, Phil, and Cliff again or Axl I’m sure something will happen
    Posted By: Jake VitaleThis has been said by a few people before, I refuse to believe that Angus would just let the band fade away, whether he does something with Brian, Phil, and Cliff again or Axl I’m sure something will happen

Those guys are old. They'd better get to it if they're gonna do something.

Time waits for no one.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Aug 10th 2019

Posted By: JemNah.

SFC

That's sounds about right to me.
    Posted By: JemNah.

SFC

BGD
    I'm not bothered. Seen them more times than I can recount, got a fantastic collection to listen to, meh.

Just open the vaults.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Aug 11th 2019

^ There is some wisdom in the above statement. Would be good to see them do one last thing though. Everybody thinks they imploded. I'd love for them to show the world it didn't happen that way.
    If the end hasn't arrived, it's coming really soon. Hard rock bands don't continue with a vocalist in their 70s. Yes, Angus can last another decade touring maybe, and that band might have the AC/DC logo, but the real band (to me) includes Brian, Cliff and hopefully Phil.

That incarnation is on numbered days — if it's even still alive.

Like said by tomscotland, we've got albums, memories and all the rest to make it ok.

My personal wish is they do one last little proper send-off for the real band. But for those here who are interested, don't expect this unit to keep going after whatever comes next. This will not be a case of, "I'll see them next time they come."

All good things come to an end. That is clearly in sight.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Aug 11th 2019

Posted By: Inferno^ There is some wisdom in the above statement. Would be good to see them do one last thing though. Everybody thinks they imploded. I'd love for them to show the world it didn't happen that way.

Nobody thinks they imploded. More casual fans *might* know that Brian Johnson had to leave the last tour because of hearing difficulties. Hardcore fans would know that the band was seen together again at Malcolm's funeral, and then again in Vancouver. I don't think there's a Venn diagram intersection between sets of fans that heard of Brian's hearing trouble, heard of the rumours that there might have been more to it, and didn't see that the band were seen together again.

The rest of the world probably thinks Axl Rose is the new singer, and will probably still think that even if they did another album and tour with Brian, so their opinion doesn't really mean much.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Aug 11th 2019

I still think they'll reappear in some form. After all that happened, to not get anything out of the reunion /Vancouver, would be a crime!

The songs / project / whatever it was must surely surface in some form?

As for live gigs, it's just time ticking by, isn't it? But if it really is only a mini-tour, then a few months longer to wait seems OK; Brian looks in great shape.
    I'm with tomscotland and Bedlam.

AC/DC have done what they set out to do, many times over.

Nothing but good memories here.
    I think they be done .... It’s taken too long and time waits for no one.

The pink has been sunk
    Those about to rock have rocked
    The house on fire has been put out
    The guns are no longer for hire
    The rules have been broken
    The man has been sent for
    The fly on the wall has been swatted
    Those prowling at night have done prowled and are now in bed sleeping it off in the morning.
    •  
    • Aug 11th 2019 edited

Posted By: BrianyNobody thinks they imploded.

Everybody thinks they imploded. I don't know one casual fan who has any idea that AC/DC might still be around to do something. Brian went down publicly, Phil went down publicly, and Malcolm's death is widely known. I know a lot of people who like rock music, but are not AC/DC fanatics, and they all think the band is toast. I even have a bet with one of them that AC/DC will be back, so Jem et al better be right.
    • Aug 11th 2019 edited

Posted By: ForThoseAboutToPost
    The fly on the wall has been swatted

They killed Louie? You bastards!
    AC/DC isn't done until Angus says so
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: toddo
    • Aug 11th 2019

Friends, one day it will be over. I don't think it's over yet though. This subject brings to mind this really well written piece from 2015:

https://www.theatlan...

"But when it’s done—and it’s almost done—there will be no more Anguses, no more Lemmys. The bloody-minded, death-demolishing longevity of AC/DC and Motörhead cannot be counterfeited or repeated."
    Before they were spotted in Vancouver 12 months ago I was pretty sure the Brian Johnson fronted version was done (even though there were a few clues that might not be the case leading up to that). However, Vancouver changed all that. I'm reasonably confident we're going to see them back in the not too distant future...
    Posted By: Inferno I don't know one casual fan who has any idea that AC/DC might still be around to do something.

I'm a casual fan. I know.
    •  
    • Aug 12th 2019

Posted By: Jack B. NimbleI'm a casual fan.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Aug 12th 2019

LOL
    Posted By: RNRDamnationAC/DC isn't done until Angus says so

The real question is - will we hear him say so?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 12th 2019

Not yet baby.
    • AC/DC rock music: Markuin
    • Aug 12th 2019

As Phil Rudd said in his day ... Angus Young will play the guitar until the day he dies ... There are times when it is not necessary to say anything.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Aug 12th 2019

Wasn't there a rumour that there was a pact within the band that if one of them couldn't continue, none of them would? Not sure where it came from, but anyway it's completely out the window now.
    They recorded in Vancouver, Brian talked about singing on THE NEW ALBUM, he did not say tracks but NEW ALBUM. So what? Jesus...
    Posted By: BrianyWasn't there a rumour that there was a pact within the band that if one of them couldn't continue, none of them would? Not sure where it came from, but anyway it's completely out the window now.
    Multiple lineup changes have certainly disproved that.
    Posted By: BrianyWasn't there a rumour that there was a pact within the band that if one of them couldn't continue, none of them would? Not sure where it came from, but anyway it's completely out the window now.

There is no pacts outside of the Young clan.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 12th 2019

Posted By: JemNot yet baby.

Sounds good. Very good. :)

Even if a such a thing did exist, I imagine a "Young" would be able to break it. In other words, if Angus or in this case Malcolm decides to tell them to "Keep going", I can't imagine anyone pushing back.
    • Aug 12th 2019 edited

Let's look at the facts we have so far:
    A. They were seen together in Vancouver in 2018.
    B. Brian said they were recording something there.
    C. We just had the 40th anniversary of HTH.
    D. 2019 ain't over yet...
    E. Angus has not come out and say that things are over with the band.
    F. Now would be a good time get any collectors items while they are still relatively cheap. The stuff I bought back in '14 has gotten a little more expensive now. If Angus does retire the band everything is going to skyrocket.

G. So in conclusion we still know nothing so the bottom line is....SFC.
    •  
    • Aug 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: Nachos73F. Now would be a good time get any collectors items while they are still relatively cheap. The stuff I bought back in '14 has gotten a little more expensive now. If Angus does retire the hand everything is going to skyrocket.

I'm not sure what F has to do with A, B, C, D or E, but I like your wishful thinking my friend! : )
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Aug 13th 2019

I’m sorry but the greatest moment in forum history was people like me saying “pack it in” when it was Axl and Slade and now that it’s Brian and Rudd I don’t sleep at night anymore. Bring it on. Whatever it is.