To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

This song isn’t talked about too often for some reason. The intro is one of my favorites. I love when Phil and Cliff come in its fantastic. The solo is great and I really love Mal underneath the solo. It’s sad it was only played live for 1 tour I would love to see it come back to the setlist, I think it would work great as the opening song.

• AC/DC rock music: peluso8
    • Aug 3rd 2019

The second solo in this one is my favorite guitar solo of all time, and one of my favorites all around from the boys. Kickass song
    One of the best rock songs of all time.
    In my top 10. It kicks ass, the chorus is magnificent, Angus is god, and Bon....

One of their absolute best.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 4th 2019

Top 3 song on HTH. One of the best intro's ever made by any band. The moment Cliff comes in when the intro kicks into gear, still gives me goosebumps on the Willy.
    BT will second. Although not on the Willy.

Second solo is great. Only thing i'm not so fond of is the change in pace between chorus and verse.
    BV's are great but live they were a GOAT disaster.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Aug 4th 2019 edited

In my Top 5.

Always has been my favorite on Highway To Hell.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 4th 2019

I under appreciate this track. Loved it as a kid. Brilliant lyrical flourish from Bon as well.
    Posted By: ThankassBT will second. Although not on the Willy.

I second. Although not on the Willy.
    Free Willy?

;)
    No, but thanks.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 4th 2019

One of my absolute favorite videos. ACDC in their prime...killer!
    I love this one, but it seems like it gets overshadowed by other songs. It's better than "Touch Too Much." I find that song the least relatable. I wouldn't find myself in either situation on either side of the song. But "Walk All Over You" has always been so much more raw and darker to me.
    • AC/DC rock music: Cannon
    • Aug 7th 2019

It's really got it all. Badass. Great clever lyrics, awesome vocal delivery, gang backing vocals, intense pace, blistering guitars, tight rhythm. Yep. Not enough mention, as this track is as good as any I can think of to introduce a newbie to the band. For some reason I always considered it IYWB's sister song on the H2H album.
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Aug 7th 2019

Yes , it doesn't get talked about a lot . Great song in every way .
    My #1 fav song of the Bon era, now and forever.

Should have been a live staple and Live Wire too in tje Brian era as well...But maybe these were too much of that Bon bravado that just didnt feel spot on with Brian. Dunno but it is THE song that I miss that they didnt do with Brian and man it would have been superb for his 80ties voice!
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 7th 2019

I would die to hear this one and TTM with Brian on vocals. It's been one of my favorites ever since I heard HTH for the first time. The intro is so satisfying with Phil whacking those toms and the backing vocals are the icing on the cake.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 7th 2019

Posted By: RoccoI would die to hear this one and TTM with Brian on vocals. The intro is so satisfying with Phil whacking those toms and the backing vocals are the icing on the cake.

Agreed. Would be a dream come true:)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Aug 7th 2019 edited

amazing how the memory works...whenever i hears this song i think of Bon dancing on a frozen pond and balancing on a car bonnet...and aeroplanes....weird how things stick !!
    Posted By: angus1878amazing how the memory works...whenever i hears this song i think of Bon dancing on a frozen pond and balancing on a car bonnet...and aeroplanes....weird how things stick !!

Me too. Criminal we don't have an footage of it being played live. Love this song and Cliff just owns it, drives it on home.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Aug 8th 2019 edited

Posting URL time codes doesn't seem to work anymore. 3:33.

Posted By: Grim177Posting URL time codes doesn't seem to work anymore. 3:33.

Whilst that does count, not quite what I meant. Surely they have some pro shot footage of it tucked away somewhere. That clip is still great though,would be cool if Super8 would release that gig in full along with his other stuff. Would love to see If You Want Blood also.

Loved seeing that! Look at Cliff hammering that bitch out.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 9th 2019

At the time of the album release, I seem to remember this was the big song, and dominated "Sounds" music paper's top ten for a while. This was the chart that they had on a weekly basis that featured the most listened to songs of the previous week. Whole Lotta Rosie from IYWB stayed in the top ten for weeks on end, normally at number one.
    I think if Bon had of survived, this would have been a live staple for a while amongst the Let there be rock's and Whole Lotta Rosie's. Magnificent song.
    •  
    • Aug 9th 2019 edited

Still the best sounding live version. Cliff bass slapping is unbelievable.
    Als nice to hear that Mal comes in too early when the intro get's going and he quickly realises that it's not his turn yet :)

One of Bon's best performances, hands down.
    •  
    • Aug 9th 2019

Posted By: azelI think if Bon had of survived, this would have been a live staple for a while amongst the Let there be rock's and Whole Lotta Rosie's. Magnificent song.

I think it was already out of the setlist and replaced by PC towards the end of HTH tour. That's not to say had things of turned out differently it might have reappeared though. Shame it was never trotted out with Brian.

Posted By: nitroangus23

Whilst that does count, not quite what I meant. Surely they have some pro shot footage of it tucked away somewhere.

I wouldn't bank on it. It might have been in the outtakes of LTBRTM at one time but they're probably dust by now. It's also possible that it was filmed at that Countdown Netherlands show but if more of that show existed, surely they'd of put it on PMI. Or included it in one of their "from the vault" social media posts ;)
    Fantastic song that is rarely mentioned. I still think of the Phil in his Porsche scene from the movie whenever I hear this.

Beats the hell out of a lot of songs that have made setlists the past couple decades.
    I heard it soundchecked at Oberhausen 2003 - but in hindsight it was maybe played by the road crew, if so it was fucking good. No vocals.
    Posted By: Grim177It's also possible that it was filmed at that Countdown Netherlands show but if more of that show existed, surely they'd of put it on PMI. Or included it in one of their "from the vault" social media posts ;)

Nonsense there is tons and tons of stuff left off of Plug Me In it was hardly anything complete,and those "vault posts" never brought anything new to the table. Could still be some left in there :)

(Let me dream damn it.)
    •  
    • Aug 13th 2019

Posted By: Grim177It's also possible that it was filmed at that Countdown Netherlands show but if more of that show existed, surely they'd of put it on PMI.
    According to setlist fm it was played (setlist done by Barrebartje)

https://www.setlist....

Although i have read different stories about the video material: the footage, apart from the the 5 "officially" released songs was erased. Only the audio was preserved (Veroncia recorded both seperately).
    But i've also read that the original video tapes are in the Sound and Sight Museum in Hilversum (although maybe only from the 5 songs)
    •  
    • Aug 13th 2019

Posted By: ThankassAlthough i have read different stories about the video material: the footage, apart from the the 5 "officially" released songs was erased. Only the audio was preserved (Veroncia recorded both seperately).
    But i've also read that the original video tapes are in the Sound and Sight Museum in Hilversum (although maybe only from the 5 songs)

Bit dubious of "stories" particularly regarding this band but that sounds about right to me. Or maybe they only filmed those 5 songs. Either way I think if there were more of that show, it likely would of surfaced by now one way or another. Be happy to be proved wrong of course.
    •  
    • Aug 13th 2019

Posted By: Grim177
    Posted By: ThankassAlthough i have read different stories about the video material: the footage, apart from the the 5 "officially" released songs was erased. Only the audio was preserved (Veroncia recorded both seperately).

Bit dubious of "stories" particularly regarding this band but that sounds about right to me. Or maybe they only filmed those 5 songs. Either way I think if there were more of that show, it likely would of surfaced by now one way or another. Be happy to be proved wrong of course.
    Barrebartje (member on here) can possibly shine a light on this.
    •  
    • Aug 13th 2019

Posted By: ThankassBarrebartje (member on here) can possibly shine a light on this.

I'm not fussed dude. If there's more out there *and* it appears one day - great.

As I've probably said infinitum, I'm more interested in well mastered digital versions of their original back catalogue before any more rarities.
    Just a great song full stop. i always have to shake my head when I hear people decrying Mutt Lange's involvement on this (or any other AC/DC) album. This song has riffs, crunch, attitude and huge fucking balls. It would be a standout track on literally almost any other rock album ever made. On HTH it has a tendency to be overlooked and sink into the pack. That is just how good the HTH album is. No wonder AC/DC are making such a big deal about its 40th anniversary
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 14th 2019

Posted By: carlos fandangoJust a great song full stop. i always have to shake my head when I hear people decrying Mutt Lange's involvement on this (or any other AC/DC) album. This song has riffs, crunch, attitude and huge fucking balls. It would be a standout track on literally almost any other rock album ever made. On HTH it has a tendency to be overlooked and sink into the pack. That is just how good the HTH album is. No wonder AC/DC are making such a big deal about its 40th anniversary

Spot on about it being overlooked. The weird thing is I didn’t use to. As a kid I had an hour long best of tape and WAOY was on it. Over the (many) years since it has just slipped out of mind. Unfairly.
    Countdown set list is a weird one indeed. Almost a new album showcase.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 15th 2019

Posted By: Jem
    Posted By: carlos fandangoJust a great song full stop. i always have to shake my head when I hear people decrying Mutt Lange's involvement on this (or any other AC/DC) album. This song has riffs, crunch, attitude and huge fucking balls. It would be a standout track on literally almost any other rock album ever made. On HTH it has a tendency to be overlooked and sink into the pack. That is just how good the HTH album is. No wonder AC/DC are making such a big deal about its 40th anniversary

Spot on about it being overlooked. The weird thing is I didn’t use to. As a kid I had an hour long best of tape and WAOY was on it. Over the (many) years since it has just slipped out of mind. Unfairly.

Yeah, was a stand out for me from play one.