To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

That's perfectly all right, its just funny to me how different people tell me it reminds them of something we've never heard before!
    • AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Aug 17th 2019

Those are all great! I loved #2 and #3. Wish I knew what he is singing but the sound is awesome.
    On #3, is that a flying turd?
    As Thankass said, it's very Judas Priest, specially the vocal Melody.

You might not listen to the Priest, mati, but I think your Singer does. Good for him.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Aug 17th 2019 edited

I wrote the vocal melodies, so...

Not coming at you directly, BT, but I am fed up with the "sounds like..." comments that every new band gets.

Posted By: BrennaBThose are all great! I loved #2 and #3. Wish I knew what he is singing but the sound is awesome.
    On #3, is that a flying turd?

It's an asteroid!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Aug 17th 2019 edited

Posted By: matirockerNot coming at you directly, BT, but I am fed up with the "sounds like..." comments that every new band gets.

Deal with it, or don´t share them :) Unless you're a complete genius, everything will sound like something that's been done before.
    • AC/DC rock music: Sellen
    • Aug 17th 2019

Great songs man
    Thanks!

Posted By: BallToucher
    Posted By: matirockerNot coming at you directly, BT, but I am fed up with the "sounds like..." comments that every new band gets.

Deal with it, or don´t share them :) Unless you're a complete genius, everything will sound like something that's been done before.

I can deal with it, I just don't see the point. Constructive critisism is a great thing. Dismissing a band with a "sounds like..." comment its just not helpful. And exactly, everything will sound like something that's been done before. Even the biggest bands in the world had influences and their stuff sounded like something else. That doesn't take merit away.

It is amusing to hear these songs I've never heard before that sound like the ones I did. In a way, it feels like Alice Cooper is copying me hahaha.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 19th 2019

Posted By: matirockerThanks!

Posted By: BallToucher

I can deal with it, I just don't see the point. Constructive critisism is a great thing. Dismissing a band with a "sounds like..." comment its just not helpful. And exactly, everything will sound like something that's been done before. Even the biggest bands in the world had influences and their stuff sounded like something else. That doesn't take merit away.

It is amusing to hear these songs I've never heard before that sound like the ones I did. In a way, it feels like Alice Cooper is copying me hahaha.

Not trying to take merit away at all, just observations.
    Posted By: matirockerDismissing a band with a "sounds like..." comment its just not helpful.

Just to make it clear, in my case pointing out what I think are similarities isn´t meant to be dismissing. It's just a funny observation. As I said many times before, everyone coming up with their own material gets all my respect.

(still very Judas Priesty, tho :P)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 19th 2019

Like they said; observations. That comes automatically when you hear a new band. Every album review of a new band in the press is compared to some existing sound or band. Just to give it a place in the musical spectrum. And that comparison can sometimes be very flattering and sometimes not (depending on what kind of musical identity the band itself wants to have)
    It can therefor also be seen as a reference guideline.

But it must of course not be the most important thing. Your own skills and ambition is the most important thing. And that is certainly present in your band.
    Fair enough, I see the point!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 20th 2019

I totally get why it bothers you though.
    My opinions in future will be comparison free!
    Don't worry about it, I prefer honesty! Give me those comparisons haha, plus, like I said, it's fun to hear songs I never heard before that sound like stuff I did
    New video out today!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 29th 2019 edited

^First time I understand the title without using google translateX)

I'll say it again, love the sound of the spanish lyrics!
    Also, this one has a really nice drive!
    •  
    • Aug 29th 2019

Damn, that's some fucking infectious lick! Also like the driving bass. End solo has major balls together with this drum fill.

Whole thing sounds a bit like

Ranko! :)
    Posted By: Thankass
    Whole thing sounds a bit like
    Ranko!

lmao, got me! I've been told though that this one has an Aerosmith vibe.
    Thanks!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Aug 29th 2019

Another good tune Mati! And people should take notice that the production is very good too.
    •  
    • Aug 29th 2019

Posted By: matirockerlmao, got me! I've been told though that this one has an Aerosmith vibe.

It actually does (a little bit...in a good way)
    •  
    • Aug 29th 2019

Posted By: matirockerI've been told though that this one has an Aerosmith vibe.
    Yeah Steven, we did steal that riff from Ranko

•  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Aug 29th 2019 edited

LMAO! Definitely in a good way though... unless you told me it sounds like one of their cheesy ballads, I'd be in trouble then

Posted By: InfernoAnother good tune Mati! And people should take notice that the production is very good too.

Thanks a lot man. Put all my efforts producing and mixing this. I'm so happy how it turned out!
    4 tracks of consistently great quality in songwriting, performance, and production.

I am starting to notice the overall “sound” of the band - Generally fast riffs with some very unique chord work in the verses that’s all on top of a solid rhythm section and melodic yet gruff vocals. The Spanish also adds to the unique feel.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin4 tracks of consistently great quality in songwriting, performance, and production.

I am starting to notice the overall “sound” of the band - Generally fast riffs with some very unique chord work in the verses that’s all on top of a solid rhythm section and melodic yet gruff vocals. The Spanish also adds to the unique feel.

Thanks! Its weird seeing your music described with words, since I never really thought about it or created it thinking about it that way, I would just go with my gut to whatever felt like would be a good idea for a song.

I appreciate the comments! I can't wait to release the full album and hear your thoughts on it
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Aug 31st 2019

Fantastic stuff Mati.
    Thanks man!
    New video today! It's all done in animation, in a ''motion comic'' style... turned out so much better than I had hoped!

•  
    • Sep 12th 2019

Fantastic work! Making such an animation video takes a LOT of time & effort, I know!:)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Sep 12th 2019

Nice! This album definitely has the stuff to compete with anything else out there. I'm impressed.
    •  
    • Sep 12th 2019

Absolutely! Hope we get the chance to get a physical copy! :D
    Posted By: DrBelfordFantastic work! Making such an animation video takes a LOT of time & effort, I know!:)

Thanks! Yes, it did take a lot of time but it was worth it!

Posted By: InfernoNice! This album definitely has the stuff to compete with anything else out there. I'm impressed.

I'm blushing! Thanks a lot man!

Posted By: DrBelfordAbsolutely! Hope we get the chance to get a physical copy! :D

We're making them, but we have no label, so I'd have to send you guys one. I will absolutely do it if it's not very expensive.
    •  
    • Sep 16th 2019 edited

Damn nice, heavy lick. Good melodic, Peter Buck style, chorus (or is it the bridge?)

Keep up the good work
    Posted By: ThankassDamn nice, heavy lick. Good melodic, Peter Buck style, chorus (or is it the bridge?)

Keep up the good work

Thanks! Don't really know who Peter Buck is to be honest. Maybe post something to compare, I'd like to hear!

We got 1 more video before dropping the full album!
    •  
    • Sep 16th 2019

Posted By: matirockerDon't really know who Peter Buck is to be honest
    The guitarist for REM..
    I see! Not a band I've heard much other than their most famous hits. Curious!
    •  
    • Sep 16th 2019

Posted By: matirockerI see! Not a band I've heard much other than their most famous hits. Curious!
    It's mostly the melancholy of the ringing minor chords
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: matirockerI see! Not a band I've heard much other than their most famous hits. Curious!
    It's mostly the melancholy of the ringing minor chords

I hear that's the name of the new AC/DC album
    •  
    • Sep 18th 2019

Posted By: matirockerWe're making them, but we have no label, so I'd have to send you guys one. I will absolutely do it if it's not very expensive.

Well, I'm in Europe. But you could just add shipping cost to the price tag;) Wouldn't mind.
    Posted By: DrBelford
    Posted By: matirockerWe're making them, but we have no label, so I'd have to send you guys one. I will absolutely do it if it's not very expensive.

Well, I'm in Europe. But you could just add shipping cost to the price tag;) Wouldn't mind.

I think 42 Decibel is touring Spain again next year. I could send the album with them and ask them to send CDs to whoever wants them here! No price tag for any of you guys! If that can't be done, I can send them from here but I assume the cost will be much higher. Hence the no price tag for you guys haha, shipping would be a lot already!
    New video! 6th and last video before we upload the full album

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Sep 25th 2019 edited

I like that. Reminds me of Stone Temple Pilots in a way.
    Thanks!
    Best solo you've done thus far, Mati. Specifically, 2:52-3:00 is wonderful. I love how it's easy to distinguish each individual note, yet the tone is still growling and the speed is still there.
    •  
    • Sep 26th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinSpecifically, 2:52-3:00 is wonderful.

Yep, really really sweet.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinBest solo you've done thus far, Mati. Specifically, 2:52-3:00 is wonderful. I love how it's easy to distinguish each individual note, yet the tone is still growling and the speed is still there.

Posted By: DrBelford
    Yep, really really sweet.

Thanks a lot for that! Yeah , I dig that part also hahaha
    Good musicianship, nice chord changes, good drumming right on cue. Also, reminds me some of STP. The vocals are somewhat bland to me with regard to the phrasing and melody. Such good ideas also deserve a strong chorus that has a melody that reinforces the song.
    Posted By: MeanstreakGood musicianship, nice chord changes, good drumming right on cue. Also, reminds me some of STP. The vocals are somewhat bland to me with regard to the phrasing and melody. Such good ideas also deserve a strong chorus that has a melody that reinforces the song.

Thanks! It's my first time creating vocal melodies and lyrics so it's what I'm least experienced at.
    Finally the day has arrived! We've released the full album! Here it is:

Also on Spotify for anyone who uses it

https://open.spotify...

Also on most of the major music apps out there!

Let me know what you think!
    Nice!

I’ll give it a full listen when I get home.
    Fantastic, Mati. Many bands are somewhat lost on their debut (ACDC included), but not you guys - the whole record displays a discernible style that goes along with the GREAT songwriting.

I know you probably want negative feedback if I have any, but nothing major comes to mind. Even what I would consider to be the weaker tracks still have good riffs, great musicianship, and keep with the flow of the album. That being said, I do think that side one is overall stronger than side two, but that could just be me having heard most of side one's tracks on youtube and only having heard 2 tracks from side two before, so the others might grow on me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - what I absolutely love most about some of these songs is the high tension chord work. Take for example the little bit after the main verse in Extincion where the guitar chords and vocals create insanely high tension, or the entirety of the main verse in No Hay Forma. Things such as that are nearly addictive for me, and they make it all the better when the tension is relieved.

My favorites would be:

Conecta El Sol - Perfect length for a perfect track. That riff is absolutely killer, and the drums are, too.
    Mi Interior - My favorite overall. Great melodies, riffs, CHORD WORK, and that solo is one of my favorite parts of the record.
    Extincion - Chord work and main riff are fantastic
    Dulce Amanecer - Great feeling, and a good display of songwriting diversity.
    No Hay Forma - 2nd favorite track. Fabulous closer, because it has a very tense verse for the first few minutes, then cuts to this melodic bit. Also, that solo is wonderful.

If I didn't genuinely enjoy this album, I wouldn't bother to write all of this. This is a quality record, Mati.

Give my thanks to the rest of the group!
    •  
    • Oct 11th 2019

Posted By: matirockerFinally the day has arrived! We've released the full album!

Physical version?...Please!? :)