To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

Hey guys! For those who remember my interview with jonalba, I mentioned I was coming up with a new band. We got the first video released today, so I wanted to share it with all of you! Hope you all like it, and I'll keep posting all the new stuff here!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 1st 2019 edited

Nice! Love the sound of the Spanish lyrics (unfortunately understand very little:)

Also: Beautiful chorus!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 1st 2019

Great main lick and nice variety of rhythms in verses, bridge and chorus. I like the second, driving, chorus best.
    Bit of a Foo Fighters vibe.

BTW: where's the solo?? The song screams for it!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Aug 1st 2019 edited

Good tune Mati!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • Aug 1st 2019

Nice one! Hope to hear more soon.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 1st 2019

Great sound on that Mati. Love the guitar work particularly on the chorus. Drumming has a good feel to it, solid and in the pocket. Left me wanting to hear more. Did you produce?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Aug 1st 2019 edited

Thanks all!

Posted By: DrBelfordNice! Love the sound of the Spanish lyrics (unfortunately understand very little:)

I wrote the song at a particulary difficult time in my life when too much shit happened to me. So the song, verse and bridges are talking about how life throws shit at you, and then in the chorus, its something along the lines of ''but its gonna get better'' basically.

Conecta El Sol could be translated to Connect The Sun, or Plug The Sun I guess , lol.. its basically a metaphor to ''turn the lights on' and 'its gonna get better'

Posted By: ThankassGreat main lick and nice variety of rhythms in verses, bridge and chorus. I like the second, driving, chorus best.
    Bit of a Foo Fighters vibe.

BTW: where's the solo?? The song screams for it!

Thanks! Yeah, definitely a Foo Fighters vibe, I even mentioned so in the interview with jon.

Haha, its a short song, no room for a solo. But rest assured, the rest is coming and there is plenty of guitar work!

Posted By: JemGreat sound on that Mati. Love the guitar work particularly on the chorus. Drumming has a good feel to it, solid and in the pocket. Left me wanting to hear more. Did you produce?

Thanks! Yep, I produced it all, and mixed the audio.

More to come!
    Holy hell, man. That was a fantastic track. Also, it's like nothing I've ever even heard before, both in songwriting and the playing style. The drums are in overdrive, and the ride cymbal kills it. That guitar riff? I feel like I'm falling down a mountain listening to this song, but then you've got this more melodic, slower chorus.

To you and the rest of the band - keep up the great work!
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinHoly hell, man. That was a fantastic track. Also, it's like nothing I've ever even heard before, both in songwriting and the playing style. The drums are in overdrive, and the ride cymbal kills it. That guitar riff? I feel like I'm falling down a mountain listening to this song, but then you've got this more melodic, slower chorus.

To you and the rest of the band - keep up the great work!

Wow! Thanks a lot man! Glad you enjoyed it!
    •  
    • Aug 1st 2019

Posted By: matirockerConecta El Sol could be translated to Connect The Sun, or Plug The Sun I guess , lol.. its basically a metaphor to ''turn the lights on' and 'its gonna get better

Oh, now it makes more sense, lol (tried to understand it by using Google translate XD)

All I can say is that the chorus really transports that feeling, fantastic job!
    Nice!

How about changing the name to Franco. That would be a right fit.
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2How about changing the name to Franco. That would be a right fit.

Welp
    Posted By: matirocker
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2How about changing the name to Franco. That would be a right fit.

It would resonate with the Spanish speaking audience!
    •  
    • Aug 3rd 2019

Hope there's more to come! Really enjoy that song
    Posted By: DrBelfordHope there's more to come! Really enjoy that song

Thanks! There is, and very soon!
    Guitars sound a bit like:

I'd advise lo let go of the clearly underbudgeted cheesy videos, though. It doesn´t do the song any favor and nobody really cares about the story. What a lot of bands are doing now are "lyrics videos" and the results are better. But hey, good job, I respect anyone who comes up with their own material.
    That was fun, even after the 6th listen. Good show, Mati. I love the tone you dialed in for this. The vocal delivery compliments the track perfectly.
    Posted By: BallToucherGuitars sound a bit like:

Yup, the riffs are similar! I had never heard that song before honestly. But it's a common thing on guitar. Several songs are similar to it.

Posted By: warbonnetThat was fun, even after the 6th listen. Good show, Mati. I love the tone you dialed in for this. The vocal delivery compliments the track perfectly.

Thanks a lot!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Aug 9th 2019 edited

New video today! Now with 85% more guitar solos! lol...

Hope you like it!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Aug 9th 2019

Posted By: matirockerNew video today! Now with 85% more guitar solos! lol...

Hope you like it!
    Amazing guitar work there! Do you guys think of recording some music in english as well? I mean for a broader audience. Congrats, very well produced!
    I don't think so. That was the idea behind 42 Decibel, and I think it distances the band with the local crowd, which is where we play and live most of the time.
    42 Decibel still active?
    Man, I'm REALLY loving this stuff. I like this a bit more than the original track you posted - it shows off your guitar skills a lot more and it's also just a longer song. Your singer has a great voice, too, being able to pull off these melodic verses without losing that gruffness.

It's amazing what up and coming bands can do these days when it comes to production and distribution. You've got your material, a skilled producer that's actually in the band, and you don't have to sign a record deal which requires a good deal of faith from the company and probably a lot more money, too. Now, you can just record your stuff, produce it however you want, and put it up on youtube or whatever other website.

Seriously - congrats on another fantastic song and not sounding like an ACDC clone.
    Posted By: Meanstreak42 Decibel still active?

Yup, they are about to release a new album this year. They got a new bass player (not as good as the previous one I've heard...)

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinMan, I'm REALLY loving this stuff. I like this a bit more than the original track you posted - it shows off your guitar skills a lot more and it's also just a longer song. Your singer has a great voice, too, being able to pull off these melodic verses without losing that gruffness.

It's amazing what up and coming bands can do these days when it comes to production and distribution. You've got your material, a skilled producer that's actually in the band, and you don't have to sign a record deal which requires a good deal of faith from the company and probably a lot more money, too. Now, you can just record your stuff, produce it however you want, and put it up on youtube or whatever other website.

Seriously - congrats on another fantastic song and not sounding like an ACDC clone.

I'm truly happy that you like it! The thing with being independent, is that yes, I can do the video, post it and share it, but the range of people that are going to see it are just limited to my friends or sites like this one where I go and post it. Labels put you everywhere and give you the opportunity to be seen by a lot of people.
    •  
    • Aug 9th 2019

Posted By: matirockerNew video today! Now with 85% more guitar solos! lol...

Hope you like it!

Really really good, the guitars sound amazing on this one

Mis dieces!
    Thanks a lot edu!
    first ones not bad... but I really like the 2nd one, not just for the solo either :>)
    •  
    • Aug 9th 2019

Didn't realize there was a second video posted. That's quality Mati! The chorus is great!
    Thanks guys!

Posted By: InfernoDidn't realize there was a second video posted. That's quality Mati! The chorus is great!

I don't know how to let you know haha... if the thread goes dormant for a few days and then it comes back, its probably cause I posted a new song haha... we have more videos coming so stay alert! I also noticed I can't edit old posts anymore, so I can't add the videos to the original post
    •  
    • Aug 9th 2019 edited

Yeah, I thought they were still discussing "Franco" so I didn't check the thread anymore. : )
    lmao, thankfully we were not
    •  
    • Aug 10th 2019

Thanks for the new video! Really like the playfulness of the song & the 85% solos bonus:)
    • AC/DC rock music: acdc1988
    • Aug 10th 2019

Very good and very professional stuff ! You surely can compete with any modern rock band. And keep the spanish vocals, that makes it more special and unique ! You don´t need english vocals, there are more than enough bands doing that. There was a band called "Heroes del Silencio" selling more than 500000 albums in Germany about 30 years ago, although singing in spanish (i never liked them though, but anyway...), so you definitely don´t need english vocals.
    Keep going !
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate it!
    Ranko ;)

•  
    • Aug 11th 2019

Some nice meaty riffin' and lickin' going on.
    And a mature sounding solo. Great guitar tone overall.

In a very far distance i hear the breakdown of Honey Roll in this breakdown lol.
    Posted By: MeanstreakRanko ;)

haha yeah, that kept coming up for me in the recent days, and a couple of friends sent it to me, aswell. I registered the name so there will be no legal problem. Those guys are probably dead by now!

Posted By: ThankassSome nice meaty riffin' and lickin' going on.
    And a mature sounding solo. Great guitar tone overall.

In a very far distance i hear the breakdown of Honey Roll in this breakdown lol.

Thanks a lot!! Yeah, I didn't think about it, but there is that drum stop and crash hits with the E chords in it!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 12th 2019

Really enjoyed those two songs! Well done mate!
    The second one had a modern day Manic Street Preachers feel to it for me, and the vocals do have that James Dean Bradfield vibe to them. Not to say you don't have your own sound though.

Looking forward to some more!
    Really enjoying these Mati. Keep up the good work mate!!
    Thanks, fellas! Means a lot.

Posted By: azelReally enjoyed those two songs! Well done mate!
    The second one had a modern day Manic Street Preachers feel to it for me, and the vocals do have that James Dean Bradfield vibe to them. Not to say you don't have your own sound though.

Looking forward to some more!

haha, cool! To be honest I don't listen to MSP. I probably would have never heard of them but my brother used to like them years ago. Only song I remember by them is Motorcycle Emptyness, which was a bit annoying to me at the time, lol
    New video today!

•  
    • Aug 14th 2019

•  
    • Aug 14th 2019

Posted By: matirockerNew video today!

This keeps getting better and better! My favourite one so far, it rocks but it also rolls. Cool video too.

Mis dieces!
    •  
    • Aug 14th 2019

A little less catchy as Conecto El Sol, but the best guitar work so far. That bridge from 2:28 tot 2:40 is very tasty. The solo kills.
    Whole song has a bit of a Judas Priest vibe
    How long did that music video take?

Great track - those high tension chords are my favorite parts. Lots of tasty guitar work as Thankass said
    Thanks!!

Posted By: ThankassWhole song has a bit of a Judas Priest vibe

I don't listen to Judas Priest so I don't know how that happened hahaha

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinHow long did that music video take?

It took a little bit less than 2 months.
    •  
    • Aug 15th 2019

Singer is less James Dean Bradfield, more Kelly Jones this time!
    Apparently we sound like people we don't listen to! hahaha thanks!
    •  
    • Aug 15th 2019

Not so much sound like, but parts of it remind me of other people. Probably just me!