To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

Tool. A friend likes them. That's about it. I'd rather listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    Heard the new track and loved it. Pretty much the antithesis of AC/DC in most respects but one: they take their music seriously.

Can't listen to this stuff forever (I'm a four-minute song guy most of the time), but in the right moment it's amazing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Aug 12th 2019

"TOOL's latest single, "Fear Inoculum", the title track of the band's long-awaited new album, has become the longest song in history to enter the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. With a running time of 10 minutes and 23 seconds, the track has landed at No. 93 on the survey in its first week of release."
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 30th 2019

Initial thoughts?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 30th 2019

Different, in a good way. Classic Tool, whilst having a lot of non-Tool elements to it. An obvious theme throughout, and also I can just tell it is going to grow and grow (classic Tool again).

Can't wait to get home and listen whilst watching the little screen thingy that it comes with (if DPD have managed to find my house).
    • AC/DC rock music: msaul37
    • Aug 30th 2019

firstly, I like pneuma, descending, and 7empest the best. they feel like the most.. 'tool' songs. pneuma sounds like several tool songs blended up-mostly schism.. which isn't bad. fear inoculum and invincible feel like puscifer/APC songs. haven't made my mind up on culling voices.. the rest of the tracks are filler.

the long intros and synth solos make the album feel a little.. fluffy. it's not like their older songs with intro tracks, such as parabol + parabola, where it was all one song basically. they could've trimmed down some songs; cut the interludes, long intro/outros, and the songs still would have been 7/8 minutes, which is fine by me. which makes me fear they won't have a radio hit since the songs are all over 10 minutes. I know streaming/satellite radio are "in", but I still go to work listening to FM radio.

it's like they had 13 years to put this together and wanted to include everything they wrote.

don't get me wrong, it's cool they put out what they wanted, and I still enjoy it. i only have 30 tool songs on my phone, and i'll add a few more with this record. (i have all of ac/dc's non-live songs on it, and tool is my second favorite band, fyi)
    •  
    • Aug 30th 2019

Like the review in Classic Rock magazine said, this is an album that will get better the more you listen to it. It's not immediate by any means.
    •  
    • Aug 30th 2019

msaul37,

They're not a singles band though are they? I like that about them. Thats how Rock bands used to be, all about the albums.

I get what you're saying otherwise though, but agree with Inferno. Its gonna be a grower!
    •  
    • Aug 30th 2019

This is a great album. Now if I can just get the high pitched ringing in my ears to stop so that I can truly enjoy it...
    •  
    • Sep 4th 2019

Any UK fans thinking about travelling across the pond for the North American tour?

So tempted.....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Sep 4th 2019

Keeping my powder dry :)
    •  
    • Sep 5th 2019

Newark 16th Nov and Philadelphia 18th looking favourite!
    Tool's new album knocked off Taylor Swift from the #1 spot in the US. Well done Tool!