To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Jun 27th 2019 edited

Here is the story according to him.

Phil Rudd looking calm and calculated. But it wasn't always the case as Colin Hart recalled. "When we were in Frankfurt after a show, I was driving Cozy Powell back to the hotel through a very seedy part of town when we spied Phil Rudd staggering along the street absolutely arseholed and having an altercation with some of the local populace. We stopped and told him to get out of the area and stop being a dickhead, but he just wanted to stay there, stand his ground and not go back to his hotel. How wonderfully Australian! We quickly bundled him into the car, as this was just not the part of town to pick a fight - especially as he was not the biggest guy in the world. He very reluctantly allowed us to take him back, but the next night and the others after that, he would repeat the exercise. Get shitfaced, find the local badlands and try to rearrange the locals. It's called a death wish, which happily was not granted then or since." (Colin Hart, Rainbow Tour Manager from his autobiography A Hart Life).

This passage is from the book Visions of AC/DC, photos by Alan Perry (2017).

Originally in: A Hart Life: The Life Story of Deep Purple and Rainbow's Tour Manager, by Colin Hart (2012).

//

RIG
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jun 27th 2019

Hahaha, nice one Meanstreak. Rudd's a right character.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jun 27th 2019

R.I.G.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Jun 27th 2019

Nothing new here. Rudd's an asshole, but he's our asshole. RIG
    I don't see how he's an asshole for this. Just different. And interesting. Rock needs more of this.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Jun 28th 2019

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI don't see how he's an asshole for this. Just different. And interesting. Rock needs more of this.

Generally speaking with tongue in cheek. I love The Rudd.
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI don't see how he's an asshole for this. Just different. And interesting. Rock needs more of this.
    No? Had Axl done this I’m fairly sure people here would gladly label him as such. Don’t see any exception for ‘ol Phil.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Jun 28th 2019

What year would this have been?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jun 29th 2019

Posted By: GaolbreakWhat year would this have been?
    October 1976 when they supported Rainbow in Germany.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jun 29th 2019

R
    I
    G
    I wonder if Phil had a tough upbringing? Seems obvious to me, would be interested to rid an autobiography from him but I don't exactly trust his dedication to honesty...
    • AC/DC rock music: Drew1999
    • Jun 30th 2019 edited

And again, our "friend" Brett took info from this thread to "write" one of his journalistic masterpieces.

https://www.alternati...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jun 30th 2019

Omfg lol he's taking the piss now!
    At least if Brett also adopted RIG, it would have been more acceptable.
    RIG
    A biography of the Rudd should be next in line for Jeff Apter. it would be a lot more interesting than the ones about Ang and Mal anyway.
    I remember Rudd did sign up for a book deal a few years ago - during his legal issues.