To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Jun 24th 2019

OK, this assumes that the boys don't get their asses into gear and get that album out and get back on the road, but....

https://en.wikipedia...

There has been the odd post on Rammstein here from time to time...generally positive. Any new music from them takes more investment in time than for English language bands, but frankly, its an investment very much worth making. And whats notable about this album is that, although the band has been going for like 25 years (with the same line up by the way) this album is quite possibly their best ever. Maybe 2 of the tracks towards the end are fillers, but thats it. And arguably 5 or 6 singles from the album (they already released 3)

This sets the bar very high for the boys for their, also currently untitled, forthcoming album

PS I am seeing them in Rotterdam tomorrow and Paris Friday is anyone else is in town?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

My vote is Rival Sons, but the year is only half over. (The Rammstein album is pretty darn good.)

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jun 24th 2019

Springsteen’s new album is a beautiful thing.
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

Posted By: JemSpringsteen’s new album is a beautiful thing.

I have a question for you. Do you not think that song There Goes My Miracle is a bit "Disneyfied" for being a Springsteen song? I listened to the album and thought it was okay, but that song was just plain weird to me. Like some sort of adult contemporary song from a romance movie. Or maybe a Roxy Music song. Even my wife commented on it when I was listening to it in the kitchen. Is this Springsteen?

Bathful of Ectasy by Hot Chip, the album they've always threatened to make.

•  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: JemSpringsteen’s new album is a beautiful thing.

I have a question for you. Do you not think that song There Goes My Miracle is a bit "Disneyfied" for being a Springsteen song? I listened to the album and thought it was okay, but that song was just plain weird to me. Like some sort of adult contemporary song from a romance movie. Or maybe a Roxy Music song. Even my wife commented on it when I was listening to it in the kitchen. Is this Springsteen?

It's probably the track on the album that I have connected with the least. It does fit in with the record and may grow further. Lyrically it is very interesting remaining downbeat despite the lighter feel to the song in general. What I love about the album is the stylistic changes Bruce has embraced, how he has used his voice within a higher register which brings out the vulnerability in the songs, supported by the superb string arrangements. It has an old school western, wide open skies feel to it. Almost a eulogy for now lost mythic America.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: Alex LebanonBathful of Ectasy by Hot Chip, the album they've always threatened to make.

Will give this a listen. Haven't paid attention to the 'Chip for years.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Jun 25th 2019

My two favourite albums this year so far have been Morbid Curiosity by Pup and Celebrity Mansions by Dinosaur Pile-Up. I recommend the latter if you're at all into early Foo Fighters.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: RonI recommend the latter if you're at all into early Foo Fighters.

You can't say that kind of thing around here. You may get banned. : )
    Posted By: RonMorbid Curiosity by Pup.

When I read that I got fleetingly very excited that Pulp had somehow reformed and put an album out without me noticing! :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Jun 25th 2019 edited

The Wildhearts - Renaissance men
    Check out:

Second: Backyard Babies - Sliver & Gold
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: Alex Lebanon

When I read that I got fleetingly very excited that Pulp had somehow reformed and put an album out without me noticing! :)

Out of everyone on this forum I reckon you'd like the Pup album. Pulp are great too but this ain't very similar apart from the cynicism in the lyrics
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: RonI recommend the latter if you're at all into early Foo Fighters.

You can't say that kind of thing around here. You may get banned. : )

In the words of Brian Johnson..."Fuck 'em"
    Posted By: Ron
    Posted By: Alex Lebanon

Out of everyone on this forum I reckon you'd like the Pup album. Pulp are great too but this ain't very similar apart from the cynicism in the lyrics

Will check out the pup record for sure - cheers - could certainly imagine Jarvis calling an album Morbid Curiosity :)
    • AC/DC rock music: Rammy
    • Jun 25th 2019

Fontaine’s DC

The unauthorized bash brothers experience
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jun 26th 2019

Posted By: RonMy two favourite albums this year so far have been Morbid Curiosity by Pup and Celebrity Mansions by Dinosaur Pile-Up. I recommend the latter if you're at all into early Foo Fighters.

Saw DPU at Download, wasn't impressed to be honest.

Personally, I'm loving Royal Republic's - Club Majesty.
    None of the above. All been shite.

But glory will land on us and AC/DC will pull us out of this musical hell that 2019 has been and make us all believe again. Oh yessah.
    •  
    • Jun 26th 2019 edited

Posted By: CliffFINmark2

But glory will land on us and AC/DC will pull us out of this musical hell that 2019 has been and make us all believe again. Oh yessah.

I want some of what this guy is smokin'!
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2

I want some of what this guy is smokin'!

I will give you the James Brown answer. I am high on love. Love for ACDC and rnr.

See James here, only high on luuuuv and out on love.

Also he says that he in concerned because there ia nothing wrong.

The Spell by Cellar Darling is amazing, as is the new Gloryhammer, Christopher Bowes is a mad genius.