To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Neilsy
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

I’ve recently seen an image of an AC/DC 1970’s album cover artwork. Different title and artwork to what was finally produced. I’m afraid I can’t say any more than that, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any artwork/ album titles, that are different to what we know and love now, and is able/allowed to share. Thanks
    Pretty sure On the Brain was Ballbreaker’s working title.

SUL was originally Smokin’.

Flick apparently had a different title that was too generic. “I Want Rock n Roll” or something.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: NeilsyI’ve recently seen an image of an AC/DC 1970’s album cover artwork. Different title and artwork to what was finally produced. I’m afraid I can’t say any more than that, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any artwork/ album titles, that are different to what we know and love now, and is able/allowed to share. Thanks

Do you remember what the artwork looked like?

FOTS was supposed to be called I Like To Rock. TRE was rumored to be called Thunderstruck before it came out. Ballbreaker's original title was On The Brain (there were even made some T-Shirts). SUL had Smokin' as working title. BI was originally going to be called Runaway Train. Brian suggested the title Man Down for what became ROB.
    Black Ice was rumoured to be Strap It On
    I read the title "House of Pain" before TRE came out and one record shop promted "Bonfire" as "Candle box" Before it came out.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Yes I remember Kerrang magazine incorrectly announcing the new ACDC album I want to Rock which was actually Flick of the switch.
    I Want to Rock hahaha
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gentox66
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Brian original idea for ROB was "Man Down" to honour Malcolm
    Posted By: Gentox66Brian original idea for ROB was "Man Down" to honour Malcolm

Good idea to honour Mal, but a bit poor title for a tribute. Triumph, Malcolm etc would have been a better tribute title.

I want to rock would have been glorious... and right at the same time Twisted Sister put put I Wanna Rock - maybe thats why they pulled the title like Runaway Train too
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

Posted By: CliffFINmark2I want to rock would have been glorious... and right at the same time Twisted Sister put put I Wanna Rock

Probably just the usual nonsense from Kerrang.

Also although "On The Brain" was featured on a t-shirt around the time of BB, it doesn't necessarily mean it was ever considered to be an alternative title. It's a common phrase. Unless there's some other "evidence" I don't know about.
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: NeilsyI’ve recently seen an image of an AC/DC 1970’s album cover artwork. Different title and artwork to what was finally produced. I’m afraid I can’t say any more than that, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any artwork/ album titles, that are different to what we know and love now, and is able/allowed to share. Thanks

Do you remember what the artwork looked like? Yes, I have 3 images of the 70’s artwork, plus another one from another 70’s album.

FOTS was supposed to be called I Like To Rock. TRE was rumored to be called Thunderstruck before it came out. Ballbreaker's original title was On The Brain (there were even made some T-Shirts). SUL had Smokin' as working title. BI was originally going to be called Runaway Train. Brian suggested the title Man Down for what became ROB.
    • Jun 24th 2019

Do you remember what the artwork looked like? Yes, I have 4 images from two 70’s albums. Different titles and VERY different artwork.

• Jun 24th 2019

Thanks for your comments so far guys, but still no mention of any alternative 70’s album titles/ album artwork.
    The only time I ever heard of an album from the 70s possibly having a different name was when Atlantic tried to strong arm the boys into not going with Highway to Hell.
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

Posted By: Neilsy

Yes, I have 4 images from two 70’s albums. Different titles and VERY different artwork.

Is there a possibility you upload these pics somewhere and post the links here?
    • Jun 24th 2019

Yes, I have 4 images from two 70’s albums. Different titles and VERY different artwork.

Is there a possibility you upload these pics somewhere and post the links here?
    Unfortunately I’m not allowed to share the images or the alternative names. I wish I could!! They’re amazing, and not been seen by many outside of the ‘inner circle ‘ .
    You're a liar.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

No he's not. I saw one of the 70's album covers.

Yeah, that's an AMAZING cover.
    The album title was NEANDERTHAL.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jun 24th 2019

Yeah, that album was called Bigfoot Boogie i believe. Could have been the working title for LTBR.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: ThankassYeah, that album was called Bigfoot Boogie i believe.

Pretty sure it was "Bigfoot Booty", but don't quote me on that :)
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

Posted By: MeanstreakYou're a liar.
    Strong words !! I’m tempted to respond with some good old Anglo Saxon, but I don’t swear; being an English catholic, so I won’t say ‘fuck you’ as that wouldn’t be nice... would it !
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: InfernoNo he's not. I saw one of the 70's album covers.
    You and others here with your negative/funny/ fucking rude! comments will be laughing on the other side of your faces....one day
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundThe only time I ever heard of an album from the 70s possibly having a different name was when Atlantic tried to strong arm the boys into not going with Highway to Hell.
    Thanks for your considered reply. Cheers
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: InfernoNo he's not. I saw one of the 70's album covers.
    You and others here with your negative/funny/ fucking rude! comments will be laughing on the other side of your faces....one day
    Let's first get Largo out of the vaults and after that it's maybe time for some alternative titles/album covers.
    Posted By: SpellboundThe only time I ever heard of an album from the 70s possibly having a different name was when Atlantic tried to strong arm the boys into not going with Highway to Hell.

Cheers man. Sorry couldn’t help you much more than that.
    Strong words !! I’m tempted to respond with some good old Anglo Saxon, but I don’t swear; being an English catholic, so I won’t say ‘fuck you’ as that wouldn’t be nice... would it !

You should get banned for being a clown on this forum and lying.
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

Posted By: Meanstreak

Look, I can understand your frustration at me not telling you the proposed alternative names of these albums, and I know you; and many people on here,would love to see the images, but I’m a man of my word. The guy who sent me the information trusted me not to share it. If you can’t understand that, that’s your problem. In the meantime, just steer clear of me.
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: Spellbound

Cheers man. Sorry couldn’t help you much more than that.
    Hey, don’t apologise. Thanks again
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: NeilsyThe guy who sent me the information trusted me not to share it.

Yet you come on here blabbing about it, knowing exactly what the reaction will be.
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019

South African pressing:

I had a picture on my old computer that I downloaded years ago that was supposed to be art work for a potential record but never did.

Likely bootleg but, it was very well done and looked totally like something they would have used honestly.I would like to know if the vague description had any truth to it at all or if it was fan made.

I will find it and share it later, it had a brick wall and a hospital bed with Angus and an oxygen tank, it looked cool as hell.
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23I had a picture on my old computer that I downloaded years ago that was supposed to be art work for a potential record but never did.

Likely bootleg but, it was very well done and looked totally like something they would have used honestly.I would like to know if the vague description had any truth to it at all or if it was fan made.

I will find it and share it later, it had a brick wall and a hospital bed with Angus and an oxygen tank, it looked cool as hell.
    I look forward to seeing it. Thanks!
    Wasn't Blow Up Your Video originally called Betamax Fuck Off? ?
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23I had a picture on my old computer that I downloaded years ago that was supposed to be art work for a potential record but never did.

Sounds like a still from the TTIWRNR video.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

Look, I can understand your frustration at me not telling you the proposed alternative names of these albums, and I know you; and many people on here,would love to see the images, but I’m a man of my word. The guy who sent me the information trusted me not to share it. If you can’t understand that, that’s your problem. In the meantime, just steer clear of me.

I haven't asked you a single question about anything, meaning that I'm not the least frustrated, or wanting any so called information that you claim to have. I'm actually quite entertained.

If the covers were amazing as you claim, they wouldn't have been substituted with alternative cover art. There's also no reason for AC/DC to keep it a secret until this day, what those covers looked like and what the titles of those albums should have been.

What also is funny is that you seem to claim that this top secret information was sent to you by a bloke on the Internet.

Judging by your behavior, it's possible that you are the same poster that turned up by now several times trolling and has already been banned before (Dick Of Time, etc.).
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakJudging by your behavior, it's possible that you are the same poster that turned up by now several times trolling and has already been banned before (Dick Of Time, etc.).

You think it's "NickOfTime"?...That would be amazing...If that's the case: Welcome back to the flock, Nicky! XD

No, it is not a still from that, this is a 70's era cover.
    I’ve seen the pics of Neanderthal, and I’ve seen a few pics of other proposed artwork (the living room scene) but I can’t find them now ffs.
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

I've always dug this cover.

• Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23

No, it is not a still from that, this is a 70's era cover.

Interesting. Never knew about this stuff.
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandI’ve seen the pics of Neanderthal, and I’ve seen a few pics of other proposed artwork (the living room scene) but I can’t find them now ffs.

What are the pics of Neanderthal?

I haven't asked you a single question about anything, meaning that I'm not the least frustrated, or wanting any so called information that you claim to have. I'm actually quite entertained.

If the covers were amazing as you claim, they wouldn't have been substituted with alternative cover art. There's also no reason for AC/DC to keep it a secret until this day, what those covers looked like and what the titles of those albums should have been.

What also is funny is that you seem to claim that this top secret information was sent to you by a bloke on the Internet.

Judging by your behavior, it's possible that you are the same poster that turned up by now several times trolling and has already been banned before (Dick Of Time, etc.).

I’m going to play devils advocate here.

I have received photos before that I was told to never share with anyone else, and as a result of that, I have never seen said photos posted anywhere on any other channel relating to the band. And these were from blokes on the internet.

You should stop jumping to conclusions and getting riled up so easily.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019 edited

You should stop pontificating to me what to do.
    Posted By: MeanstreakYou should stop pontificating to me what to do.

Then you start first and stop telling mods who to ban just because you think they’re a troll because of your own pontificated reasons.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jun 25th 2019

Be nice. Or be banned.
    Posted By: Alan Charles DixieWasn't Blow Up Your Video originally called Betamax Fuck Off? ?

LMAO!
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019 edited

Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: MeanstreakYou should stop pontificating to me what to do.

Then you start first and stop telling mods who to ban just because you think they’re a troll because of your own pontificated reasons.

It's within my rights to point out if I think something incorrect or unlikely is being said. Mods take their decisions themselves, no matter what I say or do.
    The original album art for Ballbreaker was better than what was eventually used. Smokin' is a good title but Stiff Upper Lip is still good. Black Ice to me was kinda 'odd'. Could've called that album 'Runaway Train' easily. I do think Rock or Bust was a weak title and I hate that album art. But nothing compares to 'Blow Up Your Video' though. Awful title and album cover. Could've went with 'Heatseeker' and it would've been fine.