To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Mati - a buddy of mine with a band used an outfit called Disc Makers. He liked them. The minimum used to be 1000 discs, but now I think you can do as low as 300. The member Inferno from here seems to do some pretty decent stuff with photos. Maybe he could help create the artwork for your bootleg? This will be your chance to shine on your mixing and engineering skills. You want a good sounding album! Like I said, put me down for one disc, maybe more?

Pressing vinyl is more expensive. If there's enough interest in the CD, maybe you can press a few vinyl? I'm interested in seeing how much interest there is in your bootleg. Maybe it'll go down as one of the better boots available?

https://www.discmake...

PS - Blow Up Your Fly sounds like a good title for it! Fly has that double entendre there where it can mean the zipper on your trousers! ;-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jun 25th 2019 edited

Posted By: Jack B. NimbleMati - a buddy of mine with a band used an outfit called Disc Makers. He liked them. The minimum used to be 1000 discs, but now I think you can do as low as 300. The member Inferno from here seems to do some pretty decent stuff with photos. Maybe he could help create the artwork for your bootleg? This will be your chance to shine on your mixing and engineering skills. You want a good sounding album! Like I said, put me down for one disc, maybe more?

Pressing vinyl is more expensive. If there's enough interest in the CD, maybe you can press a few vinyl? I'm interested in seeing how much interest there is in your bootleg. Maybe it'll go down as one of the better boots available?

https://www.discmake...

PS - Blow Up Your Fly sounds like a good title for it! Fly has that double entendre there where it can mean the zipper on your trousers! ;-)

I'm no artist. I will tell you that we did my daughter's album through DiskMakers and it was painless as far as the process is concerned. Once you've got the mastered material (that Mati would provide) you upload it to them and then just go through the options you want. Easy as pie.

The hard part here would be if you could get copyrighted material past them. I'm doubtful.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: Jack B. NimblePS - Blow Up Your Fly sounds like a good title for it! Fly has that double entendre there where it can mean the zipper on your trousers! ;-)

I like that title too, and thanks Jack for telling us about the meaning. I never would have known. ; )
    Yeah, I got to thinking about it being copyrighted material.......

It can certainly be tried. Otherwise, they'd have to go to a shady overseas printer. There is the option of getting permission to use the songs. I'm not sure how it works, but I know the band would then get a cut of every album. I'd still be a buyer.

Nobody will know unless it's tried.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Jun 25th 2019

Sounds like a cool idea. If we did do this then I think a good idea would be to give any profit to a dementia charity.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

I suppose Mati could also do them one by one with a CD burner on his computer. I won't tell anybody. : )
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Jun 25th 2019

Couldn't you just make the songs available for download, perhaps in exchange for a donation. Surely everyone is capable of burning them to a CD if they want to?
    Fuck the old ones, some of them are years old.

The only way to do it would be to meet up and record, or give the old ones a redo. We're much better now.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: Grim177Couldn't you just make the songs available for download, perhaps in exchange for a donation. Surely everyone is capable of burning them to a CD if they want to?

That's the easiest, but no art, no exclusivity.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: Grim177Couldn't you just make the songs available for download, perhaps in exchange for a donation. Surely everyone is capable of burning them to a CD if they want to?

Music files can be tagged with artwork and you could also have it separately to download.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: Grim177

Music files can be tagged with artwork and you could also have it separately to download.

You would not be much fun at the bootlegger's convention. : )
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019 edited

I did all that 25 years ago when there was no other choice :)

Why anyone would still pay money for a bootleg that's freely available in the same quality just because it has some artwork someone knocked up in 15 minutes and it's on a CDR I don't know.

Edit: Just for clarity, I'm not applying the above the a House Band CD :)
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

I did all that 25 years ago when there was no other choice :)

Why anyone would still pay money for a bootleg that's freely available in the same quality just because it has some artwork someone knocked up in 15 minutes and it's on a CDR I don't know.

Edit: Just for clarity, I'm not applying the above the a House Band CD :)

Alright guys, it has to be a double vinyl release. You gotta work for it. : )
    • AC/DC rock music: tnpee
    • Jun 25th 2019

Super good version! As mentioned here many times the actual album suffers from weak production. It's very interesting to hear versions from these certain 80's albums done by you guys!
    I'd love vinyl, but that's more expensive than a CD. Dowloading doesn't put a physical copy in your hands for your collection. What would a House Band boot be worth 30 years from now? Especially in limited numbers? I can download any AC/DC album, but I still like a hard copy for some reason. Maybe I'm just old and it's "the way things were done" back in my younger days? It's funny because I hated CD's when they came out because they sounded too sterile for my liking. I liked the warmth of vinyl or the slight hiss of 8-track or cassette.

I'd love to see someone come up with the Blow Up Your Fly artwork. Would it be sticks of dynamite sticking out of someone's zipper fly or would it be AC/DC's fly with dynamite stuck to it? Maybe it could be a play on the BUYV cover, but on the TV screen, it could show the FOTW fly with Angus busting through it?

A boot sounds fun.