Video produced by benji
    That was mean!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Jun 22nd 2019

It's a joy watching you guys play! :)
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jun 22nd 2019

10/10 - fantastic cover of a GREAT song!

Love the sound / production / mix as well as all 5 performances.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Jun 22nd 2019

Terrific lads.
    It's better than the record version. Put Beano on it.
    Posted By: AngusRudd1019It's better than the record version. Put Beano on it.

Yep!!!
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jun 22nd 2019

This is your best performance yet Moose! Amazing performance guys. This made me completely reevaluate the song.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Jun 22nd 2019

Cool as fuck! Moose sounds great on this one.
    Thanks guys! I dont think I ever listened to the original song in its entirety every until now lol
    This is what good production could do for the whole album A+ A+
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jun 22nd 2019 edited

Back In Business should really be the title of the new (potential) album by AC/DC. This could be the promo for it. Nice job!
    Sounds great, one of my favourites from fly
    Amazing! It truly makes me want to hear Fly and BUYV remastered with all the reverb and garbage gone. How great might those albums have been had they sounded this good?

I'd like you guys to consider something. I know you love the band and don't want to hurt them, but I'd buy a bootleg album from you guys. If you did both Fly & BUYV in their entirety, release some on CD and maybe find a place to press some vinyl, I'd be a buyer. You can label it the House Band does Fly on the Wall and House Band does Blow Up Your Video and I'd snatch them right up. You guys are that good.

I wish Angus could hear how good this sounds compared to the original.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • Jun 23rd 2019

After watching your cover I'm now starting to like this song. PURE GOLD
    • AC/DC rock music: acdc1988
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Posted By: Jack B. NimbleAmazing! It truly makes me want to hear Fly and BUYV remastered with all the reverb and garbage gone. How great might those albums have been had they sounded this good?

I'd like you guys to consider something. I know you love the band and don't want to hurt them, but I'd buy a bootleg album from you guys. If you did both Fly & BUYV in their entirety, release some on CD and maybe find a place to press some vinyl, I'd be a buyer. You can label it the House Band does Fly on the Wall and House Band does Blow Up Your Video and I'd snatch them right up. You guys are that good.

I´d second that
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: acdc1988I'd like you guys to consider something. I know you love the band and don't want to hurt them, but I'd buy a bootleg album from you guys. If you did both Fly & BUYV in their entirety, release some on CD and maybe find a place to press some vinyl, I'd be a buyer. You can label it the House Band does Fly on the Wall and House Band does Blow Up Your Video and I'd snatch them right up. You guys are that good.

Agreed.
    Also, more people who consider BUYV an FOTW to be "bottom of the barrel" etc. would "get" how incredibly awesome the majority of the tracks on those albums are.
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: DrBelfordAlso, more people who consider BUYV an FOTW to be "bottom of the barrel" etc. would "get" how incredibly awesome the majority of the tracks on those albums are.

I think we already do get it. The better argument would be to show all the people who defend the albums that this is the way things SHOULD have sounded in the first place. That the muddy, over-reverbed production is neither good nor even acceptable as an "80's sound".

And I would argue that their are more gems to be heard on Fly on The Wall than on Blow Up Your Video, where the songwriting does appear to be in decline.
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Yes, but I'd argue that it simply IS "80's sound", no matter whether it's considered good or bad XD (Perfectly fine if you don't like it).

I get your point, but I think songwriting is hit and miss on both of them. (Personally I think that "Some sin for nuthin" has the best lyrics of both, but that's just IMO)
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: DrBelfordYes, but I'd argue that it simply IS "80's sound", no matter whether it's considered good or bad XD (Perfectly fine if you don't like it).

If you take that argument, then why do you feel that people need to hear them in some other version in order to "get it"?
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Simply by having the songs in a non "80s sound", the people who don't like the "80s vibe", might appreciate the material in a different light, that's all:)

I get that the distinctive production of BUYV and FOTW do not appeal to everybody.
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Distinctive. That's a very gracious way to put it. : )
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Hahaha, yes...Isn't it? XD
    Posted By: Jack B. NimbleAmazing! It truly makes me want to hear Fly and BUYV remastered with all the reverb and garbage gone. How great might those albums have been had they sounded this good?

That would actually be so cool.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jun 23rd 2019

SUBLIME.

If you play it through 27 reverb racks and EQ all the bass out, it just about sounds exactly like the original!
    Wow, I can actually hear the separate instruments. Same thing happened when you guys did Danger - I was blown away at how I could actually recognize the main riff instead of a jumble of sounds

That´s a great idea, count me in for a copy.
    I do not think this album has a vibe from the 80's, it's actually even poorly produced. I listened to things like Irano Maiden's albums, Metallica, Van Halen (OU812), Scorpion's even the Def Lepard and Twisted Sister albums, nothing sounded as bad as the AC albums. Who Made Who was a little better.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jun 23rd 2019

I'd fucking spunk my undies for a house band FOTW/BUYV double LP haha
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: DustDevilI'd fucking spunk my undies for a house band FOTW/BUYV double LP haha

This is no offense to Moose at all (because I would say this about anyone), but I would have to have Brian singing in order to really appreciate that kind of thing. I can't imagine cranking up two albums worth of AC/DC music without hearing Brian's voice.
    Imagine the drums on fly sounded this good.
    I'd be happy with Moose. He's got a great voice!
    3:30 shake that vibrato baby!
    OH HELLZ YEAH!!!!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: toddo
    • Jun 23rd 2019

THIS IS AWESOME
    Thanks a lot everyone, really means a lot to see all these awesome comments! That CD idea is awesome, I don't think we'll get to complete either of those 2 albums any time soon, but we do have 2 more songs from each album coming in the future batch of videos that I think you'll all enjoy.

Posted By: DustDevilIf you play it through 27 reverb racks and EQ all the bass out, it just about sounds exactly like the original!

LMAO!!!

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCat3:30 shake that vibrato baby!

That is what I call "violent vibrato" lol....
    Loved that i could actually hear the bass. Great effort all round. Hearing this makes me even sadder about what could have been achieved with some decent production and a producer!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jun 24th 2019

Up there with the houseband version of Snowballed. Bravo.
    This kicks ass! Can you guys please do Ride On?
    This sounds better than the original.

ALL THE MORE REASON TO DO IT LIVE!
    It's a good version and the band does more than honorable job. But, it is not better than AC/DC, 1985.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Jun 24th 2019

So THAT'S what a Fly On The Wall track sounds like with bass on it! :)

Sounds great, guys!
    Posted By: MeanstreakIt's a good version and the band does more than honorable job. But, it is not better than AC/DC, 1985.

You like all that reverb and the mix? You must have a much better system to play it on than I do! ;-)
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: Jack B. Nimble
    Posted By: MeanstreakIt's a good version and the band does more than honorable job. But, it is not better than AC/DC, 1985.

You like all that reverb and the mix? You must have a much better system to play it on than I do! ;-)

Or much worse ears. : )
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019

That really is a dang good song, isn't it.
    Well, I was the only guy on the forum figuring out that a live version of You Shook Me All Night Long had the studio version vocals. A performance is not just about the mixing. Great cover band here, but I'm still quite surprised that you guys think this performance is better than the real deal.
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019 edited

Posted By: MeanstreakWell, I was the only guy on the forum figuring out that a live version of You Shook Me All Night Long had the studio version vocals. A performance is not just about the mixing. Great cover band here, but I'm still quite surprised that you guys think this performance is better than the real deal.

On the real deal, bad mixing took quite a bit away from a solid performance. Degraded an entire album's worth of good tunes. I won't say ruined, but it's close.

edit: If you've ever read Stereophile magazine, they give their album reviews with two sets of criteria. Performance and Sonics. 1 to 5 stars. Fly On The Wall would be Performance: 4 stars, Sonics: 2 stars.
    This song has been stuck in my head all day. It's Moose's voice singing it in my head too. I cannot sit and listen to Fly in its entirety due to poor production driving me nuts. I'll sneak listen to a song here or there off of the album, but that's it. I love Stand Up, but it too sounds poor. This is the first time that this song has ever really been stuck in my head.

Make a bootleg album with what you have of BUYV and Fly tunes. I'd still be a buyer.
    It’s not “better” than the real deal, but it sounds better (production) and swings better (drums). So, as of this moment, I like it best.
    Posted By: tomscotlandIt’s not “better” than the real deal, but it sounds better (production) and swings better (drums). So, as of this moment, I like it best.

Agreed, although I will at least give Simon credit that he had some swing on Fly. Most apparent with Sink the Pink. On BUYV he absolutely phoned it in.

But I have to say I'm amazed how many people are saying this has made them appreciate it when they didn't before. The production isn't great, sure, but that has never stopped me from appreciating a song. Back In Business is one of the gems from Fly that any fan should know. It's like Badlands.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Jun 25th 2019 edited

Posted By: Jack B. Nimble
    Make a bootleg album with what you have of BUYV and Fly tunes. I'd still be a buyer.

That's actually a great idea. After we're done with the 2 songs we got left from each album, we will have done 5 from FOTW and 7 from BUYV... if anyone has any clue how to produce CDs for people here to buy them let us know!

Blow Up Your Wall... Fly On The Video.. Fly On Your Video... Blow Up Your Fly? Lol

Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALot
    But I have to say I'm amazed how many people are saying this has made them appreciate it when they didn't before.

Same! And it really makes me happy. Keeps us going!