To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

• AC/DC rock music: Neilsy
    • Jun 22nd 2019

There were about 6 unreported gigs at small venues in and around Lothian, sponsored by Radio Clyde. Were you there? None of these appearances have been mentioned on any website or book.
    • AC/DC rock music: MADAXEMAN
    • Jun 22nd 2019 edited

Seem to remember Clyde DJ Tiger Tim talking about one of those gigs at youth club somewhere and all the kids couldn't beleive the amount of gear that was getting shoehorned onto this small stage. Then came the noise lol
    • Jun 22nd 2019 edited

Posted By: MADAXEMANSeem to remember Clyde DJ Tiger Tim talking about one of those gigs at youth club somewhere and all the kids couldn't beleive the amount of gear that was getting shoehorned onto this small stage. Then came the noise lol
    I believe they were just a support act, so they had to work around the DJ’s
    I met a taxi driver who claimed to have seen them in Armadale in 76. I've heard talk that Grangemouth Town Hall was among the Radio Clyde venues but can't find any confirmation.

There's also the Edinburgh Napier Students show from April 76 but I think that might just be someone's overactive imagination. Mark Evans book doesn't reference any of it and of course, never anything official from the band.
    The tiger tim gig was in east kilbride which in just outside glasgow
    They also played livingston which is in west lothian
    Neilsy I was at Kilmarnock Grand Hall. Didn't know who they were. They played East Kilbride as well I believe
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Posted By: DavidcelticThe tiger tim gig was in east kilbride which in just outside glasgow
    Thanks David. Yes the EK gig at the Big O in early May, but I’ve not heard about a gig at Livingston. Do you have any more information on this please? Cheers
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: DirtyDeeds69I met a taxi driver who claimed to have seen them in Armadale in 76. I've heard talk that Grangemouth Town Hall was among the Radio Clyde venues but can't find any confirmation.

There's also the Edinburgh Napier Students show from April 76 but I think that might just be someone's overactive imagination. Mark Evans book doesn't reference any of it and of course, never anything official from the band.
    Hi, thanks for the information. I too have tried to find out about a gig at Grangemouth, but with no luck. The Edinburgh gig definitely went ahead, but it was in May or June? and not in April as claimed by the author of the review. He did however tell me some very interesting facts about the gig and the band. Mark Evans has left out; deliberately or through lack of interest, 5 or 6 gigs in his chapter about AC/DC’s first time in Scotland.
    Thanks Neilsy, good to know that the Edinburgh gig was genuine. Can you share any of the facts you learned?
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Posted By: DirtyDeeds69Thanks Neilsy, good to know that the Edinburgh gig was genuine. Can you share any of the facts you learned?
    Well, I don’t think it was a radio Clyde gig. The venue was a large wooden building; like a WI structure, and Michael Browning; or some record label rep , had sent ahead a large box of high voltage lp’s to sell in the venue . The guy ; who was the student union rep, said that he sat with Bon and Angus after the gig, and amongst other things, Angus mentioned playing on the Cheetah demos/records. I can’t remember much else, but he said it was packed and was a great gig .
    Has anyone searched through old local newspapers for any adds from these gigs?
    Posted By: Neilsy
    Posted By: DirtyDeeds69Thanks Neilsy, good to know that the Edinburgh gig was genuine. Can you share any of the facts you learned?
    Well, I don’t think it was a radio Clyde gig. The venue was a large wooden building; like a WI structure, and Michael Browning; or some record label rep , had sent ahead a large box of high voltage lp’s to sell in the venue . The guy ; who was the student union rep, said that he sat with Bon and Angus after the gig, and amongst other things, Angus mentioned playing on the Cheetah demos/records. I can’t remember much else, but he said it was packed and was a great gig .

I believe that was the napier university gig in sighthill
    Posted By: DavidcelticThe tiger tim gig was in east kilbride which in just outside glasgow
    Thanks David. Yes the EK gig at the Big O in early May, but I’ve not heard about a gig at Livingston. Do you have any more information on this please? Cheers

The tiger tim gig was at the plaza in EK
    MY Brothers mate was at the livingston show in a pub
    • Jun 24th 2019

Posted By: Davidceltic
    Thanks David. Yes the EK gig at the Big O in early May, but I’ve not heard about a gig at Livingston. DHi o you have any more information on this please? Cheers

The tiger tim gig was at the plaza in EK
    MY Brothers mate was at the livingston show in a pub
    Hi David, do you know the name of the pub in Livingston? Please send me a private message if you like. Thanks, Neilsy
    • Jul 1st 2019

Hi again, it was Motherwell civic, I have a newspaper clip, but I’m not sure it went ahead . AC/DC turned up to Shuffles, but for some reason they decided not to play. Their support act Sloopy still played, and the boys helped set their gear up in the venue. Cairn hotel used to be called the Golden Circle hotel, but there’s no mention on google. Cheers
    Hey Neilsy, what are your thoughts on this?

https://www.google.c...

I think the dates are wrong as Halloween 76 was the infamous punch up at the Edinburgh Caley Picture House.
    • AC/DC rock music: Roym0762
    • Jul 2nd 2019

My Sister in law has mentioned the Armadale gig and I've heard of them playing the Kaim park in Bathgate but never a show in Livi and can't think where they would have played
    • AC/DC rock music: Roym0762
    • Jul 2nd 2019

Dunno how to post videos but go to YouTube and search Peter Cowan Armadale community centre
    Posted By: Roym0762Dunno how to post videos but go to YouTube and search Peter Cowan Armadale community centre