To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

• AC/DC rock music: Neilsy
    • Jun 22nd 2019 edited

Hi, I haven’t been on here for years! so greetings to you all. My first memory of AC/DC was Bbc’s Crackerjack in 1978. Am I delusional or did they really play on this kids tv show ?? No, it wasn’t The Krankies or the top of the pops show I’m talking about.Thanks
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jun 22nd 2019

"crackerjack"
    •  
    • Jun 22nd 2019

i was amazed Frank Sidebottom was on No.73
    • AC/DC rock music: Damo
    • Jun 22nd 2019

The Krankies used to drink in my dad's local back in the day.
    • Jun 22nd 2019 edited

Seeing the boys on ITV’s “Tizwaz” in 1982 was the first time I saw them with Bri.It was quite a thrill.They played ‘Let’s get it up’, I think it made number 9 in the charts.
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Jun 22nd 2019

Geordie were on Crackerjack in 1973
    • Jun 22nd 2019

Posted By: GoulashGeordie were on Crackerjack in 1973
    Yes, and I think ? The Easybeats
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Jun 23rd 2019

AC/DC were never on Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!!)
    Posted By: DC/79AC/DC were never on Crackerjack

This
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Are you sure they were never on crackerjack? (CRACKERJACK!)
    They never appeared live on these
    TV shows it was just promo videos that were played
    I can rememner Krokus being on Tiswas - singing Bad Boys, Rag Dolls.
    •  
    • Jun 23rd 2019 edited

the BBC was always a "closed shop" and in the 70,s .choosing only the popular names of the day

any sort of band that appeared on these sort of programmes were the type of band or singer that woudlve been covered in the likes of popular magazine at the time "LOOK IN"
    BAY CITY ROLLERS. GARY GLITTER (yes).. ROLF HARRIS (yes), BASIL BRUSH, JIMMY SAVILLE (yes).DAVID CASSIDY,BROTHERHOOD OF MAN, BONEY M ,THE DOOLEYS etc etc etc...think the most outlandish they got was the likes of RONNIE LANES,SLIM CHANCE.these type of programmes always chose family friendly acts...remember SEASIDE SPECIAL ?...although i do remember ABBA actually making it to these type of programmes,,big name for the time....cant imagine DC being on anything that the BBC put out at that time

horriblle dirty BBC in the 70,s...corrupt as it comes..so nieve in them days,such a shame..

My wife was on Seaside Special in 1977. Sitting with other girls swaying away while Sacha Distel sang a song
    Posted By: NeilsySeeing the boys on ITV’s “Tizwaz” in 1982 was the first time I saw them with Bri.It was quite a thrill.They played ‘Let’s get it up’, I think it made number 9 in the charts.

Just to clarify for anyone assuming this means the band were on 'set', they weren't

Just showed the video to the song
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Posted By: DC/79AC/DC were never on Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!!)
    Are you in the AC/DC inner circle? You seem sooo sure they weren’t on the show. Do you have any insider knowledge or can you provide any evidence to disprove my claim? Or is it just your opinion? Thanks
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Posted By: BillyBollocks
    Posted By: NeilsySeeing the boys on ITV’s “Tizwaz” in 1982 was the first time I saw them with Bri.It was quite a thrill.They played ‘Let’s get it up’, I think it made number 9 in the charts.

Just to clarify for anyone assuming this means the band were on 'set', they weren't

Just showed the video to the song
    • Jun 23rd 2019

Did you honestly think I was inferring they were on the Tizwaz set!?? Holy smoke!
    Bon sang solo on Blue Peter in 1977.
    I think it wad called Long Hard Knob.
    Posted By: Neilsy
    Posted By: DC/79AC/DC were never on Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!!)
    Are you in the AC/DC inner circle? You seem sooo sure they weren’t on the show. Do you have any insider knowledge or can you provide any evidence to disprove my claim? Or is it just your opinion? Thanks

Maybe he is a huge fan of Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!!) and has an archived collection of all Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!) shows?
    •  
    • Jun 24th 2019

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jun 24th 2019

To Be Or Not To Be on Crackerjack, that's the question