[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Jun 10th 2019

Sounds good. Might have to fly home if it comes to fruition.

Canning Highway closure rumoured to mark AC/DC frontman Bon Scott’s death for Perth Festival.

Perth may have its very own Highway to Hell come festival time with rumoured plans to close a section of Canning Highway in honour of legendary AC/DC frontman Bon Scott.

The rumour revealed on 6PR’s Rumour File this morning reported plans to close a 10km stretch of Canning Highway from Canning Bridge through to East Fremantle on February 19, marking the 40th anniversary of Scott’s death in 1980.

The report speculated the length of the highway closed would feature 14 international bands playing AC/DC covers as part of the Perth Festival.

A subsequent caller known only as “Paul” then “confirmed” the rumoured plans, saying he was involved in the logistics behind the closure.

https://www.perthnow...
    Jesus. It feels like yesterday we were just celebrating the band’s 40th anniversary.
    ACDC could do it!
    Has the band every celebrated publicly any anniversary? Don't see it, unfortunately.
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoHas the band every celebrated publicly any anniversary? Don't see it, unfortunately.

No but I think that Brian said that they at least joked around pöaying whole BIB in 2010 or 2000 - can't remember, but some "bday" of its anyway
    •  
    • Oct 20th 2019

Perth's huge Highway to Hell AC/DC tribute revealed

https://www.watoday....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 20th 2019

This is a brilliant idea.
    Very keen to attend this. Money is reserved for a tour from the real deal. Can’t afford both so this is where the AC/DC silence becomes difficult.

At what point do I give up on the real deal & spend the money on this?

Not sure what to do...

It’s a great initiative regardless.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Oct 21st 2019

That's way cool. To bad I'm not a millionaire! I'd be there in heartbeat!
    Posted By: Nachos73That's way cool. To bad I'm not a millionaire! I'd be there in heartbeat!
    If you were a millionaire, you could just hire ACDC to play at your wedding, instead!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Oct 22nd 2019 edited

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin
    Posted By: Nachos73That's way cool. To bad I'm not a millionaire! I'd be there in heartbeat!
    If you were a millionaire, you could just hire ACDC to play at your wedding, instead!

• AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Oct 22nd 2019 edited

Hahahahahahhahaha. My wife would have never approved that! Instead of "here comes the bride" it would be little lover or Got ya by the balls! And on the way out highway to hell! Oh and Big Balls at the reception! Lol
    Posted By: Nachos73Hahahahahahhahaha. My wife would have never approved that! Instead of "here comes the bride" it would be little lover or Got ya by the balls! And on the way out highway to hell! Oh and Big Balls at the reception! Lol
    Gotta get Honey Roll in there, too!
    It's happening, the Western Australian government officially announced it. I saw it on ABC news here in Australia. I'm keen to fly to Perth to attend this event, it looks like it's going to be fantastic. I'm excited! :-)
    https://www.abc.net....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • Nov 10th 2019

I'll be there...looking forward to it.
    •  
    • Nov 19th 2019