To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question (hopefully not too stupid).

One of my favourite live versions of Gone Shootin is from the Nashville in 1978. There’s a bit between 1:46-1:50 where the bass sounds unbelievable and really essentuated. Just wondering if that’s something on the recording that’s made it sound like that or if it would’ve likely been at the gig?

I know it’s only a few seconds but it’s one of them moments in a song that just sticks with you.

Cheers gents.

- can hear it better with a good pair of headphones.
    I don't hear anything special, except for the standard Cliff 8th's downstrokes on the lower F# root.
    What you hear is a typical precision into Ampeg SVT sound on an onld 810.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • May 16th 2019

Essentuated?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 16th 2019

Posted By: DC/79Essentuated?

That kind of spelling error is unasseptable.
    Me? Fail english? That's unpossible!

The good thing about some bootlegs like this is that they were basically rough mixes. So in this case you can hear Cliff loud and clear where in officially released material, you wouldn't as much. So his playing and subtle details come up more. Really makes you appreciate it even more.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • May 16th 2019 edited

Mati is bang on with this.

Check out the 79 bootleg with the hilarious WAOY backing box. Cliff is ON FIRE that night, especially that song in particular. Louder than shit too.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 16th 2019

Posted By: DHouston_94Hi guys,

Just a quick question (hopefully not too stupid).

One of my favourite live versions of Gone Shootin is from the Nashville in 1978. There’s a bit between 1:46-1:50 where the bass sounds unbelievable and really essentuated. Just wondering if that’s something on the recording that’s made it sound like that or if it would’ve likely been at the gig?

I know it’s only a few seconds but it’s one of them moments in a song that just sticks with you.

Cheers gents.

- can hear it better with a good pair of headphones.

Thanks for sharing this. Gone Shootin' is without doubt one of my favourite AC/DC songs and I'd never heard this live version of it before. Great stuff! :-)
    I love the bootlegs that have good, fat, RAW mixes.

Especially the two above, Nashville '78 and Amsterdam '79 are amazing. Amsterdam is so powerful.

Love Cliff being so prominent in the mix on a lot of the bootlegs as well, Gone Shootin' is a groovy bastard.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • May 21st 2019

Posted By: Thankass

did they get don Henley to do the backing vox on this show?