To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 10th 2019

Bruce Springsteen recently admitted to showing up at a random persons funeral in his hometown. So the talk on the Backstreets forum was about if anyone had ever crashed a funeral. This is what someone said:

"I crashed Malcolm Young’s from AC DC last year. I am a neighbour in Sydney near the family house and I knew his wife and son from the local pub where Malcolm was a regular.

When Malcolm passed away I took flowers to the gate to pay my respects and I’ve always been a massive AC/DC fan.

The funeral was held in St Mary’s Cathedral in the city near where I work so i went to watch the procession and again just be there to pay my respects. I got talking to a security guy and he said the family was allowing fans to sit at the back. So in I went and sat with a few lucky fans. The cathedral is huge But I got to meet Angus and Brian afterwards as they thanked fans for attending.”

The local Scottish school sent about 30 student bagpipe players and as the service ended they started to play Its a Long Way to The Top as Malcom left the Cathedral and then piped him down the road. Was a real privilege and such a nice service."
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • May 10th 2019

Wow, that's surprising the family let the fans into the cathedral. A great gesture by Angus and Brian, thanking the fans for coming down to send Malcolm away.

Weird that the paparazzis didn't spot Springsteen, at least I don't remember seeing him in the photos.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: StarskyWeird that the paparazzis didn't spot Springsteen, at least I don't remember seeing him in the photos.

I think Springsteen was not there. It was "a random persons funeral in his hometown."
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 10th 2019

Correct, this post is not from Bruce, it was just spearheaded by Bruce attending a local funeral randomly.
    The family very kindly posted the eulogies delivered at Malcolm's funeral in the online condolences book (posted on 28 February 2018).

The eulogies by David Albert (Ted Albert's nephew) and Bradley Horsburgh (Mal's nephew) were really nice, and I'm glad they shared them with everyone.

You can find them here:

http://www.legacy.co...

Just scroll down until you reach 28th Feb 2018.

*just a correction to the fan's story above: the pipe band was from the Scots College in Sydney - not a 'Scottish' school, but a Presbyterian private school from the upper-crust suburbs of Sydney (obviously Scottish in origin). They have a pretty good pipe band.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatThe family very kindly posted the eulogies delivered at Malcolm's funeral in the online condolences book (posted on 28 February 2018).

The eulogies by David Albert (Ted Albert's nephew) and Bradley Horsburgh (Mal's nephew) were really nice, and I'm glad they shared them with everyone.

You can find them here:

http://www.legacy.co...

Just scroll down until you reach 28th Feb 2018.

*just a correction to the fan's story above: the pipe band was from the Scots College in Sydney - not a 'Scottish' school, but a Presbyterian private school from the upper-crust suburbs of Sydney (obviously Scottish in origin). They have a pretty good pipe band.

The story about his sailing skills is hilarious.
    That's a nice story, especially since he was a friend of Mal's mutually.

Nice of them to allow some fans through, although I am sure there were many who tried, this one sounds genuine and deserving being able to attend.

Also cool of Bruce to pay his respects to someone in his hometown. Always have admired celebrities that remember where they are from.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • May 11th 2019

Posted By: jonalbaCorrect, this post is not from Bruce, it was just spearheaded by Bruce attending a local funeral randomly.

Oh damnit, sorry. I missed one word (*someone* said) and the situation changed drastically.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 11th 2019 edited

https://www.theguard...

i keep this on my computer to read every now and again...

it ends...Oh, Malcolm Young, you will be missed.