To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • May 9th 2019

https://www.backstag...

I don't know about you folks but the letters and postcards really make me feel uneasy. I understand the interest as historical documents but reading them feels really intrusive. Plus I think it's kind of sad when personal communications go up for sale. Just my opinion of course.
    I feel dirty now after reading a couple of those!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 9th 2019

I didn't read the letters because it feels like being a voyeur. No need to read someones private and intimate thoughts that were only meant to be read by one specific person.

I love the rare studio photos though.
    • May 9th 2019

Posted By: ThankassI didn't read the letters because it feels like being a voyeur. No need to read someones private and intimate thoughts that were only meant to be read by one specific person.

Same here mate. I agree on the photos too.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • May 9th 2019

No account over on that site. Anyone know how bidding works? How do you know when the auction starts?
    Posted By: ThankassI didn't read the letters because it feels like being a voyeur. No need to read someones private and intimate thoughts that were only meant to be read by one specific person.

Oh, I thought that it was you who intend to buy a lock of Angus hair for the starting price of 250 USD...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • May 9th 2019 edited

Didn’t see these responses whenever Bon’s letters were put up before....

The girl who put these up has a photo of her with Ang floating around on the net as well. Crazy that this surfaced, but I really don’t see him giving a shit about these.

Not to mention - it’s implied she/her family is still good with the Young’s. I’m sure she got their blessing.

I feel like the only reason anyone feels “uneasy” is because it’s the complete opposite of the moody, sullen, ruthless men we see them as.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 9th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundI feel like the only reason anyone feels “uneasy” is because it’s the complete opposite of the moody, sullen, ruthless men we see them as.

That's certainly part of it. But it still feels intrusive at the same time.
    • May 9th 2019 edited

I appreciate that might be true of some people but, having spent a lot of time with Angus (and Mal), I've only ever found them to be amazingly warm and friendly. Not at all moody or sullen
    Keep in mind Goulash that a lot of what I and most members see and hear are anecdotes of those canned by the band + whatever book authors like to write about them.

Would never discredit your opinion given how close you were with the band.
    • May 9th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundKeep in mind Goulash that a lot of what I and most members see and hear are anecdotes of those canned by the band + whatever book authors like to write about them.

Would never discredit your opinion given how close you were with the band.

I totally agree that when it comes to business, Angus and Mal were no pushovers. It's just that I've experienced their amazing warmth and generosity. They certainly aren't one-demensional and I wouldn't have liked to have pissed them off.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 9th 2019

Must be amazing to know the guys / having spent time with them!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • May 9th 2019 edited

I always had the impression they were warm and friendly, at least to fans.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 9th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundDidn’t see these responses whenever Bon’s letters were put up before....

Well, I think atleast Goulash said the same thing when that letter of Bon recently popped up for auction.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 10th 2019 edited

What i like to read is some unknown band/recording stuff. Like what Bon wrote about IYWB. The more personal one on one love stuff is not of my interest.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • May 10th 2019

nothing much on that site of interest to me. Would prefer (another) Dutch splatter to one of those postcards frankly.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: Goulashhttps://www.backstag...

I don't know about you folks but the letters and postcards really make me feel uneasy. I understand the interest as historical documents but reading them feels really intrusive. Plus I think it's kind of sad when personal communications go up for sale. Just my opinion of course.

I see where you're coming from. But if I'm completely honest I really like reading stuff like these letter because it gives you a glimpse into the human being that is behind the stage persona. And the way Angus wrote these letters and postcards kind of amuses me because because you can see he doesn't really know what to write and it reminds me a lot of my attempts at writing letters. But also his great sense of humor shines through.

BTW: Angus uses the the expression "hit the sack" in one of the letter or postcards. I think this evidence shows that he wrote all the lyrics to BIB ;-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngjohn
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: GoulashI appreciate that might be true of some people but, having spent a lot of time with Angus (and Mal), I've only ever found them to be amazingly warm and friendly. Not at all moody or sullen

This 100%. I would assume I've spent a lot less time with them (and a long time ago) but both Angus and Malcolm were never anything but extremely friendly with me and mine. I occasionally read comments about Ellen being quite hard too and that is the absolute opposite of every encounter I have ever had with her.