To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • May 7th 2019 edited

Me:

Muse
    Verve
    Justin Bieber
    Cardi B
    Nicki Minaj
    Kanye West
    U2
    Radiohead
    Chris Brown
    R.Kelly
    Oasis

You?
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • May 7th 2019

I cannot stand all the wanky "r&b" of the last 10 years with the endless ego-head bling-tosser walking through a dark club with scantily clad women gazing at him... I detest all this me-culture stuff, I absolutely fucking hate it. But I don't know hardly any of the names as I literally listen to zero commercial radio at all. At least the ridiculous 80s rock bands had a laugh at themselves, well some of them did!

I do know Kanye West, and indeed, what a prize c**t.

I know many will differ of course, but I can't stand effeminate, lame stuff like Verve, Pulp, anything shoe-gazing with rubbish singing like that. Also Stone Roses (sorry, everyone!)

I love AC/DC, some 70s and 80s rock, an absolute fuckton of really cool electronica, and jazz.

(This is tongue in cheek, no offence to anyone).
    I could name several pop bands but I'll stay with rock bands, I really cannot stand Bon Jovi.
    The House Band.

;)
    Poison
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Our Lady Peace
    Nickleback
    Black Veil Brides
    Asking Alexandria
    Posted By: CANADAMe:

Verve Pipe

Verve Pipe? Never heard of them. Is that a The Verve tribute band?
    Of the really big rock bands two that do nothing for me - but that I still have total, 100 percent respect for - would be Queen and Metallica. They just send me to sleep. I guess it's what Brian said about Bono & co - "U2 are like Saabs - I know they're good but I just don't get 'em".
    Maroon 5, I will forever despise them because of that ubiquitous World Cup ad last year.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 7th 2019

Drake
    I hate some modern metal/rock more than anything. The voice of the green day singer makes me want to strangle my grandma, and crap like avenged sevenfold and system of a down does, too.

It's that typical 2000s rock sound that just pisses me off more than anything.

It's still "rock" somehow, but it's so different than the preceding decades' respective sounds. I would rather listen to anything else. Give me Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, or Lil Pump over that stuff.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 7th 2019

KISS
    Kid Rock.
    • May 8th 2019

Oh God yeah, that Drake stuff... it's so self-important, so 'look at me'. All this crap winds me up as I just find it damaging to society, all this massive ego stuff, being 'the one'... eeerugh. I fucking detest all that.

Friend at mine at work explained her son had scored a record deal and was shooting a video in Tokyo... I'd met him, seemed a nice, humble chap.. I imagined a few songs on acoustic guitar, or Coldplay etc. (God help us!)..... but when I saw the video, here we go again, absolute show-off wank, bling, dimly lit bar, all these women sort of drooling as the two 'recording artists' ponced their way through their self-important 'all the girls love me' bullshit... Lol - I had to be polite about it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • May 8th 2019

Plenty of "rappers" nowadays who I loathe, but none more than Cardi B, Nicki Minaj and Danielle Bregoli. Their songs are absolute crap and they personally are plastic pieces of shit, yet they still think they're all big and talented.

As 900 said, Kanye West might be a prize cunt, but I do not hate him as much because I appreciate his earlier work which was quite innovative and good, not the case these days though...
    • May 8th 2019 edited

Posted By: StarskyTheir songs are absolute crap and they personally are plastic pieces of shit, yet they still think they're all big and talented.

LoL, nicely gauged!

I don't mean to sound like a grandad, I mean I love a lot of hip-hop myself - Cypress Hill, Ice-T, all the good stuff from the old days.

I hate a lot of the boy-band rubbish as well - one has to just treat it as show-biz rather than music, really. But when they get endless TV 'talent shows' while thousands of talented kids who can really play and sing don't get a chance, that's sad.

I'm curious to hear these Menaj and Cardi people now.... who the fuck names themselves after a cardigan, not very rock n roll, is it?! I'm guessing it's the sort of music today's footballers or Lewis Hamilton listens to...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Janonen
    • May 8th 2019

The sleep-inducing stuff doesn't bother me too much, unless I'm driving. But certain soundscapes can be offensive and cause the wrong kind of bio-chemical disturbances, such as those provided by Metallica; unlike Alex, I don't respect them.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • May 8th 2019

The ones that come to mind right now are Bon Jovi, jethro tull, beach boys, Blur, Nirvana and GNR

I can’t stand Green Day fans if that counts.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 8th 2019

Morrissey, Placebo, Radiohead, Nickelback, Airbourne, Coldplay, Ted Nugent, Joe Bonamassa are the first ones that spring to mind.
    Posted By: Starsky his earlier work which was quite innovative and good, not the case these days though...

Yup. The College Dropout was ace.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • May 8th 2019

Metallica send you to sleep, yes they do. Even without songs like "Enter sandman" and "Until they sleep". Don't hate them. But overrated they are.
    Green Day — NOT punk and as said above, Billy's voice is irritating. Even more so because you just know he thinks he's so cool.
    Axl, never loved his voice and don't like his character and image.
    Modern classic/power metal: no singers have the character that the guys in the early 80s had and now they all sound the same. And too many guys don't get how to modulate vibratto and use it sparingly, like Dio.
    Bro/groove metal.
    Foo Fighters. Some OK moments but so fucking soccer mom. And the fact that they're SO huge makes me hate their mediocrity even more.
    Zack Wylde's solo output bugs the hell out of me with his WWEs-style fake toughness and his "chapters" like he's some Hell's Angel. He's an excellent player but an insufferable idiot trying way to hard to be hard and cool.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • May 8th 2019

U2 , Nirvana , Cold Play , KISS , and that Adam Levine Cockhead......
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • May 8th 2019

OH... but Bedlam_in_Toronto... Zakk Wylde IS hard and cool !! Look......

https://images.app.g...
    Rap and modern junk R&B in general, maybe bits and pieces of catchy stuff is there, but these genres are off

Bands
    Nickelback
    U-POO
    Def Leppard
    Coldblay
    Foo Fighters, like a few but too safe Americana rock
    Morrisey
    Airbourne
    Poison
    Culture Club
    Modern Talkin
    Stefan Raab
    Ned Sheeran
    Il Divo
    UB40
    Reel2Reel
    Hall&Oates
    Dragonforce
    Slayer
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 9th 2019

How did "Stefan Raab" enter that list?? LMAO
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 9th 2019

Posted By: DrBelfordHow did "Stefan Raab" enter that list?? LMAO

LOL. For people who don't know who he is:

•  
    • May 9th 2019 edited

Love that interview. Not because of Raab, who thinks he's funny (but isn't:), but because of Angus.
    He's actually a lot funnier & cleverer than Raab in this XD (Not that it would be a surprise)
    • May 9th 2019 edited

Foo Fighters - For pretending to be something they aren't. And their fans, for thinking that it's the real deal.

And KISS , but that goes without saying!
    •  
    • May 9th 2019 edited

Posted By: Rajd07Foo Fighters - For pretending to be something they aren't. And their fans, for thinking that it's the real deal.

You can dislike who you want musically, but I'm one of their fans and I will tell you why they are the real deal. They are the real deal because they can put on a great rock show. They are the real deal because they respect their fans. They are the real deal because they respect and give props to all the classic rock artists before them, from AC/DC to Rush to Led Zeppelin to Motorhead and everyone in between. They are the real deal because they invite others to join their party. They are the real deal because they have fun and don't take themselves seriously. They are the real deal because they are a class act.

Again, you don't have to like their music, but you may get a call from Jon Alba telling you that you are missing out, brother!

What other band does this?! (3:00)

Posted By: FreoBoyOH... but Bedlam_in_Toronto... Zakk Wylde IS hard and cool !! Look......

https://images.app.g...

Ha! Thanks for proving me wrong!

edit: I almost wanted to pull it just looking at that hair-do. Almost.
    • May 9th 2019

Used to like them, (Ff) in their earlier days. But lost interest.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • May 10th 2019 edited

Posted By: Rajd07Foo Fighters - For pretending to be something they aren't. And their fans, for thinking that it's the real deal.

And KISS , but that goes without saying!

I see no pretense with the Foo Fighters. And love 'em or hate 'em, I think they're pretty genuine and have their own sound. Personally I like them a lot, I just don't love them.

Hate? Not much in the rock genre, not much music that I hate at all to be honest. Except that fucking Sean Paul idiot.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 10th 2019

Never liked:

Todays hiphop/rap music
    Nu Metal.

I'm not gonna put energy into it in hating it. Just don't listen to it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • May 10th 2019

Def Leppard
    Man lot of Limp Bizkit fans here!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Man lot of Limp Bizkit fans here!

Just as you can love a country but hate its government, you can love Limp Bizkit but hate Fred Durst. We can recognise that Durst was a bit of a tool, but give respect to Wes Borland, Sam Rivers and John Otto.
    •  
    • May 10th 2019

I don't know if I can't stand Fear Factory, but I've never heard a good song by them. Dino Cazares tunes his guitar so low and uses so much distortion that whether he's playing a good riff or bad riff becomes immaterial. Maybe the singer can sing if he wants to, but I've only heard him to do shouting of approximate pitches and lengths.

But it's a bit of a paradox in that you might say you can't stand a band, but this will usually only be on the evidence of a handful of songs as best. After all, if you can't stand them, why would you listen to more?

So, in the case of Fear Factory, maybe I just haven't been hearing the right stuff of theirs...
    Hated that nu mental scene from start to finish. Thank fuck the White Stripes, the Strokes etc came along.
    •  
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: Brianywhy would you listen to more?

Yep. Why would you, if it simply isn't interesting:)
    Posted By: Alex LebanonHated that nu mental scene from start to finish.

THIS. Sadly the terrible fashion sense from those days never went away.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: Alex LebanonHated that nu mental scene from start to finish.

I remember when I saw AC/DC at Milton Keynes Bowl in 2001 taking a long piss over a Limp Bizkit poster attached to the perimeter fence - I think they were playing at the same venue later that summer. It was a memorable piss.
    •  
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Hated that nu mental scene from start to finish.

Yep. That stuff aged horribly.
    •  
    • May 10th 2019

Here's one - Allan Holdsworth. Muzak with shredding on top.

His fans have the in-built defense of "well, you just don't get it....". No, I don't, and I hope it's not catching...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 10th 2019

This band were pretty fucking awful back in the early 2000's. And I know, cos it was my band hahaha:

AXL/DC

Couldn't stand what I saw or heard. Ws absolutely horrifying.
    Daughtry
    Ghost
    Creed
    5 Finger Death Punch
    Avenge Sevenfold
    •  
    • May 10th 2019

Posted By: DustDevilThis band were pretty fucking awful back in the early 2000's. And I know, cos it was my band hahaha:

That wasn't horrible.
    Posted By: BrianyI don't know if I can't stand Fear Factory, but I've never heard a good song by them. Dino Cazares tunes his guitar so low and uses so much distortion that whether he's playing a good riff or bad riff becomes immaterial. Maybe the singer can sing if he wants to, but I've only heard him to do shouting of approximate pitches and lengths.

But it's a bit of a paradox in that you might say you can't stand a band, but this will usually only be on the evidence of a handful of songs as best. After all, if you can't stand them, why would you listen to more?

So, in the case of Fear Factory, maybe I just haven't been hearing the right stuff of theirs...

Not my thing in big doses, but the occasional song rocks my world. Imagine the film of Blade Runner while listening to them:

• May 11th 2019

Posted By: BrianyHere's one - Allan Holdsworth. Muzak with shredding on top.

His fans have the in-built defense of "well, you just don't get it....". No, I don't, and I hope it's not catching...

LoL. RIP Allan Holdsworth, a legendary player who inspired many great rock guitarists, but the musical style wasn't for me either. I love modal jazz, but that's totally different.

Amusing story from Jake E Lee - he said he used to play in a jazz-based band, and they loved being ultra-weird and musically on the edge. Jake said that one time, he turned up and deliberately played solos with absolutely zero musical sense, just flurries of totally jumbled random notes. Apparently the rest of the guys loved it and congratulated him on it, after which point Jake said to himself 'that's it' and left the band / genre!
    • AC/DC rock music: acdc1988
    • May 11th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Man lot of Limp Bizkit fans here!

Not me, that cover version of "Behind Blue Eyes" is so goddamn horrible.