To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Can’t wait to see Judas Priest next week. I don’t know about other members on this foram but JP is probably my 2nd favorite band. Really happy to finally see (Take These) Chains live and it’s great to see The Sentinel and Heading Out To The Highway back in the setlist. Really surprised to see Halls of Valhalla again and Starbreaker and Killing Machine were a great surprise too. If only AC/DC would do something like this for the next tour. Judas Priest played practically none of their hits last night. Also Rob Halford sounds fantastic as usual

https://www.blabberm...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 4th 2019 edited

It would definitely be something that the real fans would very much enjoy, like a special gift. Especially because it would seem to be the last chance to have Live Versions of tracks that have never been performed before on stage.

I think most fans would agree, that there are too many great tracks from the ACDC catalogue we never got the chance to experience and appreciate live.
    JP is also my second favorite band. I’m in FL and had to skip this one. Article makes missing is worse lol.

Probably my last opportunity I suppose.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 4th 2019 edited

unfortunately live, theres too much money riding on ACDC to NOT play the "hits"
    Well i have seen Priest live, and would be quite disappointed if they left out their hits. AC/DC is a big stadium act playing tons of casuals. Would be strange not playing the big hits.
    They won't be playing a setlist filled with rare fan favourites on what seems to be the last tour - if anything I'd say we will get less than usual.
    I mean, when you think about it, this would be the perfect time to play to the hardcore fans. The never-ending BI tour was for the fairweather fans. They were also limited by Mal's issues to keep the set pretty stable. But now they could do a small tour like 2003 where they bring out the rarities for the hardcore fans. I mean, realistically they are not doing stadiums again like River Plate. Or even if they can't do a small tour, they could do a single intimate TV set like VH1 where they break out whatever they actually want to play because there's no audience to please.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • May 5th 2019 edited

Posted By: TryioToastThey won't be playing a setlist filled with rare fan favourites on what seems to be the last tour - if anything I'd say we will get less than usual.

That was an upside with the Axl era. Angus finally went outside the setlist box and they played some rare songs.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • May 5th 2019 edited

Posted By: Rajd07
    Posted By: TryioToastThey won't be playing a setlist filled with rare fan favourites on what seems to be the last tour - if anything I'd say we will get less than usual.

That was an upside with the Axl era. Angus finally went outside the setlist box and they played some rare songs.

Yes but to be fair, they put these songs on top, they didn't left out any of the hits they played on that tour before...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 5th 2019

The reason why AC/DC play the set they do is because it's tried-and-tested material. As a compromise, I would suggest slotting in a couple of rarer numbers where songs from [current album] usually go. Even then, what these would be and how they would be decided is a whole other interminable discussion. Songs that the band have not played in 30 years will never sound as good as you imagine them to, and that'll bring with it a latent disappointment that most will strenuously deny at the time of hearing.

Besides this, Judas Priest are a metal band, but AC/DC are both a rock band and a pop band. What I mean is they have a broad appeal among masses of people who otherwise aren't even really Rock fans. This is not true of Judas Priest. Judas Priest do not get girls in Ugg boots showing up singing along to Breaking the Law. Basically, the JP audience leans more on the discerning side, giving the band room to get nerdy with it. Not so true of AC/DC. That's why the club dates thing is such a persistent fantasy, because it creates a barrier to keep all those Thunderstruck-loving bastards away and have a band do a gig just for us, the hardcore fans, where the band's throwing songs out of the sack like Santa Claus, with a Guns for Hire here, a Two's Up there and a Beating Around the Bush for everybody.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 5th 2019

Posted By: Brianyto keep all those Thunderstruck-loving bastards away

"Thunderstruck-loving bastards" XD
    Posted By: BrianyThe reason why AC/DC play the set they do is because it's tried-and-tested material. As a compromise, I would suggest slotting in a couple of rarer numbers where songs from [current album] usually go. Even then, what these would be and how they would be decided is a whole other interminable discussion. Songs that the band have not played in 30 years will never sound as good as you imagine them to, and that'll bring with it a latent disappointment that most will strenuously deny at the time of hearing.

That's a good point. Angus struggled to keep up with Riff Raff in Axl/DC and especially with Guns N Roses (because Frank is a shit drummer who does not play as a band member, he ignores when Angus slows down the unaccompanied part and just comes back in out of time with Angus).
    Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALotAngus struggled to keep up with Riff Raff in Axl/DC and especially with Guns N Roses (because Frank is a shit drummer.)

Agree with you there, Frank is shit. Don't like his style at all on Guns. No where close to Adler's popcorn boogie style.
    Posted By: nitroangus23
    Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALotAngus struggled to keep up with Riff Raff in Axl/DC and especially with Guns N Roses (because Frank is a shit drummer.)

Agree with you there, Frank is shit. Don't like his style at all on Guns. No where close to Adler's popcorn boogie style.

Adler was their Rudd and Sorum was their Slade. Frank is Simon Wright. XD