To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 3rd 2019

He is the lead guitarist of the ACDCFans.net House Band, a long-tenured member of the site, and our first guest from the southern hemisphere. Matirocker hops on the ACDCFans.net Interview Series for a soulful discussion.

It it, we chat about how he fell in love with the band, what made him want to pick up a guitar, the language barrier between Spanish-speaking countries and international bands, the house band, and a whole lot more. Thanks to Mati for hopping on!

Ah, a non-British person.

Let's give this a listen. Thanks!
    Where is the spanish translater?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • May 3rd 2019 edited

Thanks again Jon, I had a lot of fun. By the way, I got stuck thinking and I may have an answer to how I found the forum.. I was a member of the acdc-bootlegs.com forum before this, and nitroangus and mike11930 (who sadly is not on the forum anymore) were there, so they must have had lured me over here, it is very likely. I hope nitro can shed some light on this!
    Great interview! I learned quite a bit and understand Mati's position a little better. I still disagree with some of it, but if we all thought alike, the world would be a boring place!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: mike11930
    • May 3rd 2019

Posted By: matirockerThanks again Jon, I had a lot of fun. By the way, I got stuck thinking and I may have an answer to how I found the forum.. I was a member of the acdc-bootlegs.com forum before this, and nitroangus and mike11930 (who sadly is not on the forum anymore) were there, so they must have had lured me over here, it is very likely. I hope nitro can shed some light on this!

I have risen.

However I work early so I will check out all I’ve missed tomorrow evening, with my laptop in tow, including this post.
    Speaking of genital warts ...

Posted By: mike11930
    Posted By: matirockerThanks again Jon, I had a lot of fun. By the way, I got stuck thinking and I may have an answer to how I found the forum.. I was a member of the acdc-bootlegs.com forum before this, and nitroangus and mike11930 (who sadly is not on the forum anymore) were there, so they must have had lured me over here, it is very likely. I hope nitro can shed some light on this!

I have risen.

However I work early so I will check out all I’ve missed tomorrow evening, with my laptop in tow, including this post.

Good to see you around again mike!

And I do believe we lured you over here although been so long hard to remember what or when lol. Looking forward to checking this one out soon.
    •  
    • May 4th 2019

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatSpeaking of genital warts ...

Bingo. But what a song.
    I love these. And Jon, you are excellent at hosting/interviewing!
    •  
    • May 4th 2019

Posted By: ulstersaintI love these. And Jon, you are excellent at hosting/interviewing!

Thank you for that. I appreciate that. Good to see you around as well. Perhaps...hmm....
    Mr fandango can be very persuasive! I miss you lot so I will try to post more. In the meantime, these interviews are just great
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 4th 2019

You're really good at this interviewing thing, Jon. You should consider a career in TV or radio.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • May 4th 2019

Fantastic interview!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • May 4th 2019

Posted By: ulstersaintI love these. And Jon, you are excellent at hosting/interviewing!
    I thought I banned you.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 4th 2019 edited

Been waiting for the new interview! This is great. Makes the Weekend immediately 10x better :D
    Thanks again, Jon, for your efforts! And Matirocker for taking the time!

The interview also inspired me to give the HouseBand-Vids a rewatch. Great stuff!
    Posted By: bonlives
    I thought I banned you.

You’re not getting rid of me that easily. As the very first dot netter I met (10 years ago - fuck!), you outta know that
    • AC/DC rock music: Sellen
    • May 4th 2019

cool :)
    •  
    • May 4th 2019

Posted By: DrBelfordBeen waiting for the new interview! This is great. Makes the Weekend immediately 10x better :D
    Thanks again, Jon, for your efforts! And Matirocker for taking the time!

The interview also inspired me to give the HouseBand-Vids a rewatch. Great stuff!

I appreciate the kind words. Glad it gives you something to look forward to.

Posted By: DustDevilYou're really good at this interviewing thing, Jon. You should consider a career in TV or radio.

;)

I have risen.

Wow! Nice to see you back here, man!

Glad you guys enjoyed the interview, I had a blast doing it!
    Great stuff lads
    •  
    • May 4th 2019 edited

For those interested, here's the first house band video we reference. So much fun. Featuring Corey's Chris Slade hi-hat ;)

•  
      AC/DC rock music: mike11930
    • May 5th 2019 edited

Posted By: nitroangus23

I have risen.

Good to see you around again mike!

And I do believe we lured you over here although been so long hard to remember what or when lol. Looking forward to checking this one out soon.

Posted By: matirocker

I have risen.

Wow! Nice to see you back here, man!

Glad you guys enjoyed the interview, I had a blast doing it!

EDIT: Mati and Jon: fantastic, and I'm only 15 minutes in!

As I begin this interview first listen, I also would like to ask you guys: "What the hell did I miss and where should I start from?!"

Never forgot about the site, never forgot about where I came from, trust me. I still chime in with those remaining linked to me on social media with me from time to time but signing back in here, talk about a nice and warm, glad to be home feeling. However, I feel like one of the first children that flew the coop and came back to a very different home. Help me out fellas, and I missed you. To anyone that I haven't met, greetings ladies and gents...

I apologize. It's so nice to see these names on my screen again.

SECOND EDIT: Mati, I completely am on the same page as you in the last 20 minutes of the interview about the band post-Malcolm.
    Great job gents. Another very enjoyable interview. Mati, you are yet another example of the great fans on this forum. Jon, your interview skills are exceptional.
    Listening to your questions really brings back so many AC/DC memories & I find myself trying to answer your questions to myself.
    Makes you want to tell your AC/DC story. Thankfully this forum provides with a place where people want to hear that story.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • May 5th 2019

Great interview. Mati, every time I talk to you I am always so envious of the fact that you can speak another language so well.

Here is where the idea for the house band came from: http://www.acdcfans....
    •  
    • May 5th 2019

Posted By: HighVoltageGreat job gents. Another very enjoyable interview. Mati, you are yet another example of the great fans on this forum. Jon, your interview skills are exceptional.
    Listening to your questions really brings back so many AC/DC memories & I find myself trying to answer your questions to myself.
    Makes you want to tell your AC/DC story. Thankfully this forum provides with a place where people want to hear that story.

That's the goal of all of this. Thank you for that. And Mike, it's great to have you back. Just go into the Vancouver threads and you'll be all caught up ;)
    As I begin this interview first listen, I also would like to ask you guys: "What the hell did I miss and where should I start from?!"

The House Band for sure! You might have seen some of it on Facebook though.

Posted By: benjiGreat interview. Mati, every time I talk to you I am always so envious of the fact that you can speak another language so well.

Here is where the idea for the house band came from:http://www.acdcfans....

Wow! Corey is to blame then... crazy!
    Cannot listen yet. Was his jihad-beard mentioned? I love Mati, he is a right ol' shredder he is.
    •  
    • May 6th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Cannot listen yet. Was his jihad-beard mentioned? I love Mati, he is a right ol' shredder he is.

No facial hair was mentioned.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 6th 2019

Great interview!
    I STARTED IT ALL!!!!!!!!!

And then you bastards made me record to that Donington trash.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • May 6th 2019

Posted By: AngusRudd1019I STARTED IT ALL!!!!!!!!!

I think “made me” is a bit strong - I don’t see you objecting in that thread.

Donington is the greatest.
    • May 6th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2

Donington is the greatest.

Na, I think there are some better race tracks than Donington.

You made us all do Danger, so it all worked out in the end ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 6th 2019 edited

Fun interview. I knew I'd enjoying listening to this one because I could tell from all the forum posts that Mati is a humble guy and also I agree with much of what he writes. And I'm in awe of his guitar playing. I actually found myself wanting to get past the AC/DC stuff and start hearing about the music making.

Mati, no need downplay what you like now, or what you have liked in the past. We've all participated. That's why we have threads like Hair Metal and Guilty Pleasures.

Jon, there is in fact a wrong answer to the Bon versus Brian question. It's giving one name when you truly believe it should be both names.

I'm looking forward to the G'Shootin interview.
    •  
    • May 6th 2019

Posted By: InfernoFun interview. I knew I'd enjoying listening to this one because I could tell from all the forum posts that Mati is a humble guy and also I agree with much of what he writes. And I'm in awe of his guitar playing. I actually found myself wanting to get past the AC/DC stuff and start hearing about the music making.

Mati, no need downplay what you like now, or what you have liked in the past. We've all participated. That's why we have threads like Hair Metal and Guilty Pleasures.

Jon, there is in fact a wrong answer to the Bon versus Brian question. It's giving one name when you truly believe it should be both names.

I'm looking forward to the G'Shootin interview.

Hey, it's just to put the pressure on! It's called rapid fire for a reason!
    I'm halfway through the interview. Really enjoying it.

Mati, your english is excellent!! Puts my "dos cervezas por favor" spanish to shame!!

Question, who is going to interview Jon? He can't exactly interview himself can he?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • May 7th 2019 edited

Mati's interview was great. Very humble fella and has sensate opinions overall.

By the way I love Buenos Aires! Been there at least 5 times...

Looking forward to Balltoucher's interview now, that might be fun!
    Posted By: carlos fandangoI'm halfway through the interview. Really enjoying it.

Mati, your english is excellent!! Puts my "dos cervezas por favor" spanish to shame!!

Question, who is going to interview Jon? He can't exactly interview himself can he?

I’ll gladly take up that role if no one else puts a hand up :-)

Will listen to this at the beach today.
    •  
    • May 7th 2019

While I am flattered, I'd much rather this be about other members and not myself! Glad to hear you're enjoying!
    •  
    • May 7th 2019

Posted By: RikhaMati's interview was great. Very humble fella and has sensate opinions overall.

By the way I love Buenos Aires! Been there at least 5 times...

Looking forward to Balltoucher's interview now, that might be fun!

BT would be a lot of fun. We'll have to get the wheels in motion...
    • May 7th 2019 edited

BT would be great. I hardly agree on much with her but I would really love an interview like this with her. I also would love to hear CliffFIN, Spellbound, Benji, Moose, AngusRudd, Bonlives and Jack B. Nimble. GShootin would be great, too. Please don't interview Rideon77, he would probably end up talking only about Accept and Axl ;-)

Edit: Alex Lebanon and tomscotland would be brilliant, too.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 7th 2019 edited

Great one again. Very easy listening and laid back format.
    A shame Mati is no longer in 42 decibel. Really loved their sound and songs. But understandable.

Put up your next project effort Mati if you've got a singer! Maybe Jem will give it a try ;)
    Good work both of you. Smart kid you are Matirocker
    Glad everyone enjoyed it!
    Great interview guys and thank you to the both of you for making the time for it.

Really loving these and I hope they continue for a long time.
    •  
    • May 8th 2019

I appreciate that. Hoping to have another one this month for everyone.
    • AC/DC rock music: kyoung
    • May 8th 2019

Great interview. My introduction to Ac/Dc was a puppet show i did in the 5th grade. Lol