To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 1st 2019

Posted By: azelCan't believe all this bad press for Train on the last tour.
    Was one of the songs picked out in the boozers afterwards as a belter!

Thought it was better on ROB tour than the BI tour!

Still have no desire to hear it on the setlist in the place of a better song mind :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 1st 2019

Posted By: Jem
    Thought it was better on ROB tour than the BI tour!
    Why??
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 1st 2019

RNRT was a fantastic opener on the BI tour. Much better than ROB was on the ROB tour.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • May 1st 2019 edited

Stand Up! Stand Up and take it! Stand Up! Stand Up and make it!
    Stand Up (And Take It)
    Great little tune. Imagine seeing the band playing that in a pub around mid-1980s. Better than anything Airbourne or similar bands ever done. Stand Up!
    •  
    • May 1st 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakGreat little tune. Imagine seeing the band playing that in a pub around mid-1980s.
    Decadent Dan did
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: MeanstreakGreat little tune. Imagine seeing the band playing that in a pub around mid-1980s.
    Decadent Dan did

Lucky bastard!
    • May 1st 2019

Posted By: Thankass
    Decadent Dan did

LOL
    I would hope they drop both from their setlist as they have many other songs they could play live that are better but if it were just between these two songs then personally I'd drop Rock or Bust, It's a good song but it's a little bit boring as a live song.
    In an ideal world they would play one from each album plus Big Gun!
    I'd much rather hear Rock Or Bust than RNRT personally. I love em both on record but prefer ROB live. You can only imagine how much better it'll sound with Phil as well.
    Posted By: BillyBollocksI'd much rather hear Rock Or Bust than RNRT personally. I love em both on record but prefer ROB live. You can only imagine how much better it'll sound with Phil as well.

This. Phil would bring a metric fuckton of swagger into the song live.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • May 1st 2019

^agreed - RoB need Rudd and it would sound great.

That said, one of Slade's good ones, whereas his RNRT was dire.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 1st 2019

Fuck one off for BBB. And the other for a proper HV.
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • May 1st 2019

Just wish theyd hurry up and drop the album right now :)
    London, may.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 1st 2019

Posted By: WholelottatobeLondon, may.

*Fingers crossed*
    What drugs are in the water around here? RNRT and ROB are both a disgrace to the band's legacy, the most absolute piles of shit they have ever created. Those riffs sound just like all the fake "leaked" song riffs on Youtube that show up before every new album comes out. Drop them both in favor of ANYTHING ELSE. Love Bomb is a better song than either of those.
    Yar insane my friend.

But then again that is what people here tell me when I sat Powerage is a BOTTOM5 album in their catalog. Not the worst thou
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • May 2nd 2019

Drop them both, play Rnr Damnation and Bullet instead.
    Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALotWhat drugs are in the water around here? RNRT and ROB are both a disgrace to the band's legacy, the most absolute piles of shit they have ever created. Those riffs sound just like all the fake "leaked" song riffs on Youtube that show up before every new album comes out. Drop them both in favor of ANYTHING ELSE. Love Bomb is a better song than either of those.

Clearly you’ve been drinking more from the well than the rest of us. :)
    Posted By: JemFuck one off for BBB. And the other for a proper HV.

This ^^^ I'd love to hear Bad Boy Boogie in their live set again. I absolutely love that song, both the studio version and the live versions are superb.
    • AC/DC rock music: Mysterio
    • May 2nd 2019

I would love to hear Rock and Roll Singer. Or even Long Way to the Top over RRTrain and Rock or Bust. If I had to lose two of the newer songs. ROBust can go. Love RRTrain.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • May 2nd 2019

Posted By: MysterioI would love to hear Rock and Roll Singer.

Me too... I don't understand why that song's overlooked?
    Keep RNRT, it deserves its place in the live set. I'm not sure RoB would work anywhere but as an opener.
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: MysterioI would love to hear Rock and Roll Singer.

Me too... I don't understand why that song's overlooked?

I don't think they've ever really given it the attention that they should have. I love it, but I can't see it ever being resurrected
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • May 2nd 2019 edited

Posted By: carlos fandangoKeep RNRT, it deserves its place in the live set. I'm not sure RoB would work anywhere but as an opener.

Was played at Coachella as number four.
    https://www.setlist....
    didn't work did it? ;-)

Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: carlos fandangoKeep RNRT, it deserves its place in the live set. I'm not sure RoB would work anywhere but as an opener.

• AC/DC rock music: acdc1988
    • May 7th 2019

For me not any of the ROB tracks worked really well live. RNRT was quite decent though and i also liked
    Warmachine at the BI shows.
    Posted By: carlos fandangodidn't work did it? ;-)

Posted By: Meanstreak

I’m sure TRE wishes it could’ve plodded as hard ROB did at Coachella.

It was the equivalent to watching a heavier set person run and get winded right after starting.
    As long as RNRT stays in the set i'm happy.
    Posted By: Alex LebanonAs long as RNRT stays in the set i'm happy.

With or without the goat backing vocals?
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: Alex LebanonAs long as RNRT stays in the set i'm happy.

With or without the goat backing vocals?

The most goaty vocals award has to go to Come and Get It.
    •  
    • May 8th 2019

Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALot

Either that or "She likes Rock'n'Roll". BTW I love those backing vocals XD
    Posted By: DrBelford

Me too. The goat bv's are a thing of beauty
    • AC/DC rock music: acdc1988
    • May 8th 2019

Posted By: carlos fandango
    Posted By: DrBelford

Me too. The goat bv's are a thing of beauty

and it's a shame that we can't have them anymore. They would have improved the ROB album.
    •  
    • May 8th 2019

Goat bv's, like CAGI, suck imo.
    Give me HTH up to FOTW bv's an day of the week.
    Posted By: ThankassGoat bv's, like CAGI, suck imo.

There are 2 kinds of goat backing vocals, or chain gang backing vocals should I say.

What I like about She Likes Rock 'N Roll is that the backings are classic 'DC, listen to Jailbreak,Longway To The Top, Squealer, Love At First Feel,T.N.T..... Them's some good non Mutt style backings to my ears.

Come and Get It is a bit more rough, although still better than what Brendan did on ROB.

I think Mutt and Bruce did it right, just enough polish to still sound like the band. Where as BOB got it some times on certain songs and others he put way to much shine on them to the point of it sounding like Def Leppard.
    •  
    • May 8th 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23
    Posted By: ThankassGoat bv's, like CAGI, suck imo.

There are 2 kinds of goat backing vocals, or chain gang backing vocals should I say.

What I like about She Likes Rock 'N Roll is that the backings are classic 'DC, listen to Jailbreak,Longway To The Top, Squealer, Love At First Feel,T.N.T..... Them's some good non Mutt style backings to my ears.

Come and Get It is a bit more rough, although still better than what Brendan did on ROB.

I think Mutt and Bruce did it right, just enough polish to still sound like the band. Where as BOB got it some times on certain songs and others he put way to much shine on them to the point of it sounding like Def Leppard.
    You're correct about Mutt, Bruce and B'oB.
    Hower i also like the FOTS and FOTW bv's because they have a small sense of harmonics in them. I favor any harmony over non harmony. LAFF, LWTTT, SLRnR are therefor for me better than Squealer, Jailbreak, TNT, CAGI, DDDDC.
    Hmmm, maybe FOTS and FOTW are goat chain gang bv's also then?

By the way: The king of rough goat is of course Jailbreak from Dallas 1985! Sadly I can't find it on your YT page anymore..
    Excuse my ignorance but what the hell are goat backing vocals?
    • May 8th 2019

Posted By: hirtlockerExcuse my ignorance but what the hell are goat backing vocals?

Have you got the backing vocals in Come And Get It present? Those are goat backing vocals because they sound like they were done by a bunch of goats.
    Posted By: hirtlockerExcuse my ignorance but what the hell are goat backing vocals?

Come and Get It and Jailbreak live 1985 are 2 great examples of them lol.
    Posted By: Rocco

Have you got the backing vocals in Come And Get It present? Those are goat backing vocals because they sound like they were done by a bunch of goats.

oh thats hilarious haha
    Posted By: nitroangus23

Come and Get It and Jailbreak live 1985 are 2 great examples of them lol.

I still don’t understand how that Jailbreak thing happened. It sounds like fucking Stevie was doing them.
    •  
    • May 8th 2019

The best goat sound is still the ending of Shot down in flames:) Or maybe that's a sheep XD
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • May 8th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundI still don’t understand how that Jailbreak thing happened. It sounds like fucking Stevie was doing them.

As I recall, it doesn't sound like that on the soundboard tape? I suspect it's a bit of studio jiggery-pokery.
    Posted By: ThankassYou're correct about Mutt, Bruce and B'oB.
    Hower i also like the FOTS and FOTW bv's because they have a small sense of harmonics in them. I favor any harmony over non harmony. LAFF, LWTTT, SLRnR are therefor for me better than Squealer, Jailbreak, TNT, CAGI, DDDDC.
    Hmmm, maybe FOTS and FOTW are goat chain gang bv's also then?

By the way: The king of rough goat is of course Jailbreak from Dallas 1985! Sadly I can't find it on your YT page anymore..

Agreed, harmonics are important, this is music we are talking about after all! However, the rough vocals can work for certain songs, like Squealer because it's just a quick shout of one word, almost more of a rhythmic thing than melodic. Jailbreak aren't necessarily melodic but they are not a-melodic either, they hold that one note properly without any faltering (in the studio).
    •  
    • May 9th 2019

Posted By: Grim177
    Posted By: SpellboundI still don’t understand how that Jailbreak thing happened. It sounds like fucking Stevie was doing them.

As I recall, it doesn't sound like that on the soundboard tape? I suspect it's a bit of studio jiggery-pokery.
    I believe Nitro had this soundboard version of Dallas 85 on his YT channel. The bv's sounded exactly the same as the official version on the b-side of the Shake Your Foundation 12-inch single.