To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Apr 30th 2019

If they play live, I reckon they'll say cheerio to Train but will retain Rock Or Bust.

Any guesses?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Apr 30th 2019

Maybe they'll drop both in favor of oldies.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 30th 2019

RoB can go, Train to stay for me.
    I hope they drop way more than that
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 30th 2019

RoB can go. Even as an opener it only worked for 30 secs.
    Train can stay but has to be max third on the setlist.
    Hearing Train with Rudd would undo some pain that the Slade version gave me.
    • Apr 30th 2019

I'd prefer to keep RoB.

Let's hope they don't drop those two and keep Rock n Roll Thunder!
    •  
    • Apr 30th 2019

Drop everything from RoB and try one or two from BI and SUL. Like; Train, Spoilin', SUL and Satellite Blues
    I love Satellite Blues. It's the highlight of SUL. I'd like to hear it live.
    I’d rather them drop both overall in favor of some older ones, but, if I had to chose, it’ll definitely be ROB. RART is a fantastic track
    Am I the only one that thinks Rock Or Bust was a great opener? RNRT was too for black ice tour
    Posted By: Angus12345I love Satellite Blues. It's the highlight of SUL. I'd like to hear it live.

Best track on SUL IMO
    Posted By: Jake VitaleAm I the only one that thinks Rock Or Bust was a great opener? RNRT was too for black ice tour

I thought it was a worthy opener too
    Love both, but I have yet to see ROB live with the Ruddster behind the wheel; so ROB stays for me if they come back.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • Apr 30th 2019

Drop ROB, keep train
    • AC/DC rock music: DPB
    • Apr 30th 2019

Drop ROB
    Import: The Jack and Down PAyment Blues
    RoB would be excellent with Rudd. I'd personally would like to hear that more than RnRT.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Apr 30th 2019

Didn’t like ROB as opener. Bit boring.

Train is a waste of time as well. This last tour should classic after classic with the odd deep cut. There’s no way anyone has either of those in their top 30 songs and so they should be fucking miles away from the setlist.

(Having one of those songs in your top 30 is an immediate ban).
    •  
    • Apr 30th 2019

Train was one of the surprises of the last tour, in that it really showed its teeth every time, and emerged as a bonafide latter day gem.
    I’ll agree though, that if deeper cuts are on offer, it should go. In favour of Fotw.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 30th 2019

Posted By: DPBDrop ROB
    Import: The Jack and Down PAyment Blues

I think you're the first person that wants The Jack back in the set.
    • AC/DC rock music: peluso8
    • Apr 30th 2019

Drop rock or bust, keep rock n roll train in there
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Apr 30th 2019

Posted By: azelTrain was one of the surprises of the last tour, in that it really showed its teeth every time, and emerged as a bonafide latter day gem.
    I’ll agree though, that if deeper cuts are on offer, it should go. In favour of Fotw.

Would personally love to hear Foundations live!
    Posted By: JemDidn’t like ROB as opener. Bit boring.

Train is a waste of time as well. This last tour should classic after classic with the odd deep cut. There’s no way anyone has either of those in their top 30 songs and so they should be fucking miles away from the setlist.

Go ahead and ban me mate. ROB is a banger and I will gladly take it live with Phil behind the kit. Train sucks live.

I fucking loved it with Chris too. Fight me.
    Maybe they ought to do like Dave Mustaine recently did and ask the fans what they want to hear? Now, that's a novel concept, isn't it? Seeing that we live in a modern age where it's fairly easy to ask the question to the masses, and tally the results - why not do it? Considering this is probably the last hurrah with what most people consider their favorite lineup - make it a true fan love fest.....
    Let's make a petition that they will add Stand Up to the set! Stand Up and make it!
    They play the hits. Train was a way bigger commercial hit and it isn’t close. Bye, ROB
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 30th 2019

Posted By: ruffstuff88They play the hits. Train was a way bigger commercial hit and it isn’t close. Bye, ROB

My thoughts, too.
    • Apr 30th 2019

I'm surprised some people aren't so keen on RoB. Modern day classic to me, more natural than Train (which is a good song slightly diluted by OOT backing vocals and - of course - some stupid lyrics.

RoB could have been even better, maximised more, some ringing chords here and there...but still....as Spellbound said, it's a banger.
    •  
    • Apr 30th 2019 edited

The track actually IS a banger:) It's just that I doubt it would be on their setlist rather than RNRT...as rufffstuff88 said "They play the hits". And as far as I can tell it seems that RNRT had more mainstream success.
    I hope to god that they would not drop ROB
    RoB is an average track for me. Train any day.
    Posted By: Angus12345RoB is an average track for me. Train any day.

ROB is one of those punch in yar gut tracks. In the same vein as Rising Power and N Shakedown which I love. To me ROB is easily in top20 accadacca tracks alltime...maybe even top10.
    • Apr 30th 2019

^Well said, CliffFINmark2

A song which brings back the feel of the BIB to FOTW era.
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2
    Posted By: Angus12345RoB is an average track for me. Train any day.

ROB is one of those punch in yar gut tracks. In the same vein as Rising Power and N Shakedown which I love. To me ROB is easily in top20 accadacca tracks alltime...maybe even top10.

Bye bye
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Apr 30th 2019

Drop ROB. Keep RNRT.
    •  
    • Apr 30th 2019

Posted By: Spellbound

Go ahead and ban me mate. ROB is a banger and I will gladly take it live with Phil behind the kit. Train sucks live.

You loved Chris? On the ROB tour?

And ROB is a banger?

I’m going to fucking burn you.
    •  
    • Apr 30th 2019

ROB is like NS? Mother of fucking God.

It has a great opening guitar tone but after that it fairly plods.
    I’d be happy to trade both of those songs for the return of stiff upper lip and bad boy boogie
    Posted By: magpies1990_77I’d be happy to trade both of those songs for the return of stiff upper lip and bad boy boogie

Yes!!
    Posted By: Jem

And ROB is a banger?

Much love :)
    I think ROB deserves to stay another tour, RNRT is nice but not one I would be hurting for if gone.
    I would like to see both dropped in favor of something like the following

Back in black
    New track
    Shoot to thrill
    High voltage
    Who made who
    Gimme a bullet
    Thunderstruck
    New track
    Jailbreak
    Bad boy boogie
    Stiff upper lip
    Guns for hire
    Shook me
    Hells bells
    Dirty deeds
    If you want blood
    Rosie
    Highway
    Ltbr
    Ftatr
    •  
    • May 1st 2019

Posted By: Jem

And ROB is a banger?

Much love :)

X
    •  
    • May 1st 2019

Train sucks live? Yeah on the last tour it did (for the obvious reasons) On the BI tour it kicked some serious ass in the opening minutes.
    It's the only song i still watch from LARP these days
    Posted By: ThankassTrain sucks live? Yeah on the last tour it did (for the obvious reasons) On the BI tour it kicked some serious ass in the opening minutes.
    It's the only song i still watch from LARP these days

Yeah. Love Brian and Angus mincing down the runway
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • May 1st 2019

Prepare yourself for a very brief set list or we might witness Brian collapse on stage.
    How about dropping the 20 minute guitar solo in Let There Be Rock instead?
    •  
    • May 1st 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_permHow about dropping the 20 minute guitar solo in Let There Be Rock instead?

Only if Bad Boy Boogie comes back:)
    Posted By: DrBelford
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permHow about dropping the 20 minute guitar solo in Let There Be Rock instead?

Only if Bad Boy Boogie comes back:)

Deal!
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • May 1st 2019

The long version of Let There Be Rock is a gift to Brian. It gives him a break so he can catch his breath.
    •  
    • May 1st 2019

Can't believe all this bad press for Train on the last tour.
    Was one of the songs picked out in the boozers afterwards as a belter!