To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Apr 28th 2019

Posted By: Alex LebanonWhat's the pick of their albums? Or stick to Greatest Hits?

Invasion Of Your Privacy - it's great from start to end, really dynamic style to it. They had their own thing.

Detonator a few years later was good, a bit more commercial.
    No Rocco. TwistedSister aint really hair metal, they come from tge glam era - formed in 1974 and the music at its core is pure rnr
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: Alex LebanonWhat's the pick of their albums? Or stick to Greatest Hits?

Invasion Of Your Privacy - it's great from start to end, really dynamic style to it. They had their own thing.

Detonator a few years later was good, a bit more commercial.

As far as Ratt is concerned, Way Cool Jr is the pick of their songs for me - if you can get past the leather pants and singer's voice. Nice bluesy hybrid picking at the start of the song.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: Briany
    Hair Metal = Nu Metal. Two very fragile genres of heavy music in that they both just evaporated the moment something more real came along, and neither genre ever really made a comeback or had much of a nostalgia movement. Not that many would admit to ever having liked that type of music, and fewer would admit to ever having *really* liked that style of music to the point where they aping the look and attitude.

Oh really.

• Apr 29th 2019

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatAs far as Ratt is concerned, Way Cool Jr is the pick of their songs for me - if you can get past the leather pants and singer's voice. Nice bluesy hybrid picking at the start of the song.

Yes that's a good one. I like City To City, the first track off same album.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Apr 29th 2019 edited

If this is hair metal, I'll eat my shoes for breakfast. Even the production has stood the test of time, recorded in 1986.

• AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 29th 2019

Posted By: ianbigmac

ROTFL
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Apr 29th 2019

Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: Briany
    Hair Metal = Nu Metal. Two very fragile genres of heavy music in that they both just evaporated the moment something more real came along, and neither genre ever really made a comeback or had much of a nostalgia movement. Not that many would admit to ever having liked that type of music, and fewer would admit to ever having *really* liked that style of music to the point where they aping the look and attitude.

Oh really.

Well, Steel Panther are a bit of a pastiche act, more than they're an indicator of a resurging public appetite for Hair Metal. They're very good at what they do, though, but they're as much Spinal Tap as they are Van Halen.
    Did somebody say Hair Metal?

I swear Kiss never met a trend they didn't like, as long as it meant more bucks. I'm sure they would have released a reggae album if it would have led to bigger record sales.
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Apr 29th 2019

My all time favorites ‘‘Hair Metal’’ bands:

Sleeze Beez

Mr. Big
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 29th 2019

Ah, Sleeze Beez. The Dutch hope in metal during the late eighties. They had a pretty big international hit with

Not my cup of tea by the way.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 29th 2019

When the most active/top thread on AC/DC Forum is about "Hair Metal" :

•  
    • Apr 29th 2019

Posted By: DrBelfordWhen the most active/top thread on AC/DC Forum is about "Hair Metal" :

I blame Angus.
    I honestly don't understand why some people seem to dislike the so called "hair metal" so much. It's fun, catchy, and has some great riffs and melodies. As for the looks, well, this is rock'n'roll! (just my opinion, of course)
    •  
    • Apr 29th 2019 edited

Posted By: ChaseTheAce0154I honestly don't understand why some people seem to dislike the so called "hair metal" so much. It's fun, catchy, and has some great riffs and melodies. As for the looks, well, this is rock'n'roll! (just my opinion, of course)

I was just kidding:) I like a lot of stuff that makes most people on this forum eye-roll.(e.g. Journey etc.)

It's just about the fact that I'd rather like to hear some news about AC/DC instead;)
    Posted By: DrBelford
    Posted By: ChaseTheAce0154I honestly don't understand why some people seem to dislike the so called "hair metal" so much. It's fun, catchy, and has some great riffs and melodies. As for the looks, well, this is rock'n'roll! (just my opinion, of course)

I was just kidding:) I like a lot of stuff that makes most people on this forum eye-roll.(e.g. Journey etc.)

It's just about the fact that I'd rather like to hear some news about AC/DC instead;)

As would most of us, I imagine :)
    •  
    • Apr 29th 2019

Posted By: ChaseTheAce0154As would most of us, I imagine :)

True! I'll shut up now, I swear:)
    •  
    • Apr 29th 2019

Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: DrBelfordWhen the most active/top thread on AC/DC Forum is about "Hair Metal" :

I blame Angus.

Speaking of Angus... I'm glad he only caught the hair fad, and not the clothes or the power ballads.

I wonder if there was any pressure on the band by management etc. to wear spandex or leather during the 80s?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 30th 2019

Crossing the divide. Brilliant live band:

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatI wonder if there was any pressure on the band by management etc. to wear spandex or leather during the 80s?

Pretty sure Brian commented on something about them refusing to wear leather and shit at one point.
    •  
    • Apr 30th 2019

Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatI wonder if there was any pressure on the band by management etc. to wear spandex or leather during the 80s?

Pretty sure Brian commented on something about them refusing to wear leather and shit at one point.

Yes, I think it was about "long leather coats + wind machines" or something like that XD

Yeah I love this about the boys, stick to your guns.

I think it was the BI era Rolling Stone story where they gently asked them during the photoshoot if they would happen to have any other clothes with them... Mal said yeah and showed an alternative shirt he had it was roughky bought during the FTATR era LOL, gotta love em.... Mals blue shirts always looked great btw

Agreed. I do think it sounds like some of the bands were copying each other, but other than that I don't see the problem. I like a lot of hair metal bands (not all of them, there were bad ones too just like every other genre).

I've discovered some bands I hadn't heard before in this thread too. I really like Great White so far. Good guitar work and the singer has a great voice.

•  
    • Apr 30th 2019 edited

Posted By: ShootToThrill

Agreed. I do think it sounds like some of the bands were copying each other, but other than that I don't see the problem. I like a lot of hair metal bands (not all of them, there were bad ones too just like every other genre).

I've discovered some bands I hadn't heard before in this thread too. I really like Great White so far. Good guitar work and the singer has a great voice.

Not a big Great White fan, but they did have a nice bluesy side to them.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 1st 2019 edited

This is a great little documentary on this topic:

• May 4th 2019

• May 4th 2019

• May 4th 2019

WASP anyone
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 5th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2

Yeah I love this about the boys, stick to your guns.

I think it was the BI era Rolling Stone story where they gently asked them during the photoshoot if they would happen to have any other clothes with them... Mal said yeah and showed an alternative shirt he had it was roughky bought during the FTATR era LOL, gotta love em.... Mals blue shirts always looked great btw

The 80s did get AC/DC a bit. Brian's newsboy got very billowy during that time, Angus's hair got especially long, Cliff had a Steinberg headless bass and has a white dress shirt unbuttoned to the naval on the Fly videos, reminding me a bit of 80s Phil Collins. Overall AC/DC resisted the worst tendencies of the 80s, but let's not act like they were totally untouched by it either.
    Posted By: stuhiltonWASP anyone

Never liked Blind in Texas but otherwise it has been one of my favs for ages. Awesome band, underrated too; debut, Headless Children and Crimson Idol especially are so so so goooood. Albums that you always return to.
    • May 6th 2019

Posted By: BrianyCliff had a Steinberg headless bass and has a white dress shirt unbuttoned to the naval on the Fly videos, reminding me a bit of 80s Phil Collins

Steady.... you can get a ban for vile insults made about band members! :-D