To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: kyoung
    • Apr 25th 2019

if you were given the master tape of any Ac/dc album to explore, remix, or just isolate tracks which would you choose?

Me? For those about to rock. Would love to isolate those big guitars!
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Apr 26th 2019

Flick, Fly, and Video.
    Toss up between Fly and Video not sure which I could decide on.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Apr 26th 2019

Fuck yeah BUYV - I would absolutely love to have a bash at remixing that one.

Would be fascinating to fuck about with any of them really. Imagine BIB done like Flick, and vice-versa?

Or BB just with the subtle tweaks it perhaps needs?
    FOTS, FOTW
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 26th 2019

Definitely BUYV.
    BUYV and FOTW a total remix job
    BiB or HTH just for collection purposes. What has been done has been done and every release is a piece of art expressed as it was at that time. I wouldn't have any ambitions remixing stuff.
    Maybe Razors Edge so i could wipe it clean.

But seriously, FTATR so i could try and dirty it up somehow. It's so clean you could eat your dinner off it. Very un 'DC
    BUYV

I though this would be a offtopic thread. If you were given;
    A) three wishes
    B) eternal life
    C) etc
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Apr 26th 2019

Powerage.
    BUYV.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: JemPowerage.

:)
    Someone needs to go through the master tapes of all the AC/DC albums and catalogue them: recording dates, sessions, etc. just like they did at Abbey Road with all the Beatles albums.

I want to know when they recorded this or that, how many takes, whether there was a first take of Riff Raff during the LTBR sessions, what songs were recorded during the early Powerage sessions, what became of 'Hard On', etc.

Alberts is slowly disappearing as a physical entity and the key people are slowly disappearing too. Someone needs to get in there and do this before it all vanishes. It would be a great service to the fans, and would make for an interesting book.
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatSomeone needs to go through the master tapes of all the AC/DC albums and catalogue them: recording dates, sessions, etc. just like they did at Abbey Road with all the Beatles albums.

I want to know when they recorded this or that, how many takes, whether there was a first take of Riff Raff during the LTBR sessions, what songs were recorded during the early Powerage sessions, what became of 'Hard On', etc.

Alberts is slowly disappearing as a physical entity and the key people are slowly disappearing too. Someone needs to get in there and do this before it all vanishes. It would be a great service to the fans, and would make for an interesting book.

This. You would think there must be a fan that works there who could let them know there's a demand for it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • Apr 26th 2019

FOTW for sure. It's a great album that unfortunately had a horrible production. Would be great to hear it in a BIB caliber sound.
    • AC/DC rock music: kyoung
    • Apr 26th 2019

Could ross young hold the key to any archives we would love to see or hear?
    Posted By: kyoungCould ross young hold the key to any archives we would love to see or hear?

Good question. If any fans have contact with him, they should try to get the message along.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: acadacauk
    • May 2nd 2019

N ooooooo Jem cant touch powerage
    TNT - so I could fix that horrendous edit on Long Way
    TNT, because it's a fantastic album and one of their best and with better production it'd be an even greater album.
    FOTS with Brian's original vocals before they were redone in NYC.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 3rd 2019

Posted By: acadacauk

N ooooooo Jem cant touch powerage

You don't want a deluxe edition featuring all of the mixes and a new version keeping the best of both, plus a live document of the tour and other treats?
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permFOTS with Brian's original vocals before they were redone in NYC.

Why do you say that? Do we have any idea how they were different before?
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 5th 2019

Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALot
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permFOTS with Brian's original vocals before they were redone in NYC.

Brian reportedly rerecorded the vocals for FOTS in NYC under the guidance of George and also rewrote some of the lyrics.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 5th 2019

Posted By: 900Fuck yeah BUYV - I would absolutely love to have a bash at remixing that one.

All that's needed is one question: "Which of these faders is the room mic?"
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALot

Brian reportedly rerecorded the vocals for FOTS in NYC under the guidance of George and also rewrote some of the lyrics.

I know that, but I'm wondering how they were different before re-recording.