To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

I post some bootlegs and get random strikes that get no sense
    for example today, I spent all afternoon converting a video to hd 60fps and got copyright striked on youtube. Highway To Hell from landover, SME claimed that it was from Live at Paris.
    This is getting ridiculous

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Apr 25th 2019

SME want all the YouTube revenue they can get, so will go to any length to reduce the amount of content that isn't theirs.
    Idiotic...
    Small dicks.

That's what.
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • May 7th 2019

Rationally speaking, I don't see the problem with SME taking down videos that have copyrighted music (studio tracks) on them. The songs are copyrighted for a reason. But if they take down videos with live tracks (except officially released live tracks), I would consider that as a rather uncool move.
    SME are a bit weird. They geo-block content allowing some to see things while restricting others. That makes little sense to me.

They should take a leaf out of Universal Music's book: they've now made every track on every Beatles album available on YouTube. It's rekindled my interest in the band and I've since re-bought several albums I already own (on digital format), and others I never owned in the past - and I plan to buy more.

Music companies should be exploiting YouTube to get their bands more exposure. One artist I can think of - Prince - whose material is zealously taken down from YouTube, will sadly sell less music. No-one knows who the fuck he is anymore.
    Corporate dickweeds thinking they're entitled to more money from products that aren't even their own.
    It happened to me yesterday as well, got blocked cause I posted a vinyl rip of Oakland 79, Monsters of Rock, which apparently is copyrighted and Music Vault blocked it as "Official". What the f?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • May 13th 2019 edited

We can’t even post House Band videos on YouTube anymore because they get blocked straight away.

Yeah it sucks, but it’s copyright law.
    Just because it's a law doesn't mean it's right... but we talked about this already haha
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 13th 2019

This doesn't make much sense to me. They also took down a cool video of "Spellbound" that someone had made.

It's one thing to pull music if someone is using it to promote themselves or a product, and I can also see why they wouldn't want newer songs posted if they were trying to promote an album, but in all these cases we've seen, people are just trying to promote AC/DC! It's crazy. SME is not going to lose a sale by deleting Spellbound or Nick Of Time. They would likely actually gain some sales by leaving them up and letting us fans push the videos out to others.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • May 13th 2019

Ironic that the vapid "reaction" videos are seemingly escaping this clamp down, I assume because they pause the song every 20 seconds.
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • May 13th 2019

Part of this is that the corporate suits at SME have to be seen to be enforcing copyright, read an article sometime ago on this subject. Kinda if they take someone to court for copyright they have to be able to prove to the court that they consistently protect their copyright etc.
    • AC/DC rock music: kyoung
    • May 15th 2019

I made a very short video of my daughter and her volleyball team using Play Ball. Got a text saying I could do that. I changed the name of the song in the editor and it let me use the track
    I stay away from uploading to YouTube these days for this reason. Too much of a hassle. I still work on stuff, but I generaly keep it to myself.