To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: ACDC_RVA
    • Apr 25th 2019 edited

Anybody listen to The Black Keys?

I've always really enjoyed their music and they just released two new singles, Eagle Birds and Lo/Hi for their upcoming album Lets Rock.

Just thought I share some new music with y'all, since we're still waiting on AC/DC.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 25th 2019

Posted By: ACDC_RVAAnybody listen to The Black Keys?

I've always really enjoyed their music and they just released two new singles, Eagle Birds and Lo/Hi for their upcoming album Lets Rock.

Just thought I share some new music with y'all, since we're still waiting on AC/DC.

I love the Black Keys. Me and my band sometimes jam on Sister from El Camino sometimes during rehearsels. A brilliant song. Their last album Turn Blue though wasn't really my cup of tea. I heard one of the new songs (I think it was Lo/Hi) a few weeks ago and I really liked it. A true return to form. I really hope the rest of the album is in the same vein. Gotta listen to Eagle Birds later. But I'm not so sure about the title of the new album: Let's Rock. Lol. Sounds like something even Ang & Mal would have rejected. But then again in combination with the album's artwork with the electric chair it kinda works.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 25th 2019 edited

My friend turned me on to them long before they were popular. I really like those fuzzed out blues rock first albums. Later stuff okay too. I don't listen to too much of it these days. I think maybe they just got too popular with everyone, and they were no longer my secret. : )

In general though, I think what they are doing is great.
    • Apr 25th 2019

This song is so good:

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 25th 2019

Posted By: RoccoBut I'm not so sure about the title of the new album: Let's Rock. Lol. Sounds like something even Ang & Mal would have rejected. But then again in combination with the album's artwork with the electric chair it kinda works.

I like it. It's officially 'let's rock'. Very understated. Like someone speaking.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 26th 2019 edited

First song by BK I heard was "Strange Times". Was instantly hooked.

The new album seems really promising so far.

BTW Any love for "The Dead Weather" on here? Their debut album was spectacular IMO
    great band, been a fan for a while. I liked their last album
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: DrBelfordFirst song by BK I heard was "Strange Times". Was instantly hooked.

BTW Any love for "The Dead Weather" on here? Their debut album was spectacular IMO

Sure. I don't like everything The Dead Weather have done but Treat Me Like Your Mother for example is a killer song and the video is fantastic. I fucking love Jack White and Alison Mosshart is just brilliant.

• AC/DC rock music: Raff
    • Apr 26th 2019

My favourite Black Keys record:

• AC/DC rock music: ACDC_RVA
    • Apr 26th 2019 edited

So, the story behind the album title is pretty interesting/cool. They recorded the new album in Nashville. On the first or second day of recording, Nashville was putting a prisoner to death by the use of an electric chair. The prisoners last words before they turned on the electric chair, "let's rock."
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Apr 26th 2019

Haven’t really listened to them since Attack and Release. Cool band.
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: ACDC_RVASo, the story behind the album title is pretty interesting/cool. They recorded the new album in Nashville. On the first or second day of recording, Nashville was putting a prisoner to death by the use of an electric chair. The prisoners last words before they turned on the electric chair, "let's rock."

Ah, didn't know. Makes sense.
    Great band that I also have neglected for a while. Time to put that right.
    Dan Auerbach is an insanley good guitarist.
    That Dead Weather song rocks.
    Posted By: DrBelfordFirst song by BK I heard was "Strange Times". Was instantly hooked.

Same here, and Strange Times is still my favorite of theirs. First heard it on Grand Theft Auto IV. Lots of good music in that game.
    I've only heard a song or two on the radio and liked it. That Black Submarines track is pretty good. Not sure I totally love the vocals — nothing wrong per se but I feel like I've heard his voice a hundred times in other bands.

Still, for guys that look like website developers they rock.
    The new album dropped today. Go listen to it now. It's fucking fantastic!!!
    •  
    • Jun 29th 2019

Posted By: El3ment380The new album dropped today. Go listen to it now. It's fucking fantastic!!!

Just ordered it yesterday:)
    Posted By: DrBelford
    Posted By: El3ment380The new album dropped today. Go listen to it now. It's fucking fantastic!!!

Just ordered it yesterday:)

Nice, vinyl?

Favorite song so far is Shine a Little Light. It's a real banger.
    •  
    • Jul 4th 2019 edited

Posted By: El3ment380Nice, vinyl?

Unfortunately not:)
    I started my collection with MCs & CDs, and re-collecting everything on vinyl would simply be ... too much XD
    (Have a few select vinyls though)