To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: tomscotlandGoodbye And Good Riddance To Bad Luck?

I don't get the hate for that song, I really like it. It's just a solid, stomping track with insane vocals, what's not to like?!

you hear stomp, I hear plod
    Posted By: tomscotlandpersonally, I place generic glam rock wannabe filler in higher regard than the lowest-common-denominator rock-by-numbers shite on The Razors Edge. Goodbye And Good Riddance To Bad Luck? Fuck even is that? Gimme Stick Around any day, all day.
    And you all know my thoughts on Cock Or Bust so I needn't go there again.

I think we're pretty much in alignment in our thoughts, but unlike you I don't have a soft spot for HV (Aus). I honestly think its because I only knew about the International version of HV growing up until I was about 30 years old
    Posted By: Spellbound@carlos:

“Generic glam rock wannabe filler”.

Fair enough on it being an average album -

So you do admit it being average. Now we're getting somewhere
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Apr 16th 2019

Posted By: RoccoAnd very good lyrics by Y&Ys standard.

Absolutely!
    That was a good listen quite enjoyed that! Keep it coming Jon, great work so far.
    I've only listen to the beginning of the interview, but I'll get to it eventually (just like Jem's).

Here's my question, did Carlos say anything controversial?
    Posted By: carlos fandango
    Posted By: tomscotlandpersonally, I place generic glam rock wannabe filler in higher regard than the lowest-common-denominator rock-by-numbers shite on The Razors Edge. Goodbye And Good Riddance To Bad Luck? Fuck even is that? Gimme Stick Around any day, all day.

I think we're pretty much in alignment in our thoughts, but unlike you I don't have a soft spot for HV (Aus). I honestly think its because I only knew about the International version of HV growing up until I was about 30 years old

I was lucky. We're *quite* close in age (I'm 46) so thirty-odd years ago when I was getting into the band all the big record stores got imports in fairly regularly. I suppose the Aussie HV among others was bragging rights for me in school because so many kids had never heard it or seen it, therefore I played the tits off it. And I feel very protective of it to this day, it has an innocent charm to it and of course it has superbly understated production. Georges Bass particularly, being clear as a bell for one thing, and interesting...not just root notes but proper bass lines. Malcolm's tone on Little Lover...amazing. And Love Song...I like love song, I like it because even back then I knew it was atypical of their sound and experimental, the sound of a band finding its niche, misstep or not. Angus' tone on the record too...so clear.
    Then theres that brilliant cover art
    Posted By: tomscotland

I was lucky. We're *quite* close in age (I'm 46) so thirty-odd years ago when I was getting into the band all the big record stores got imports in fairly regularly. I suppose the Aussie HV among others was bragging rights for me in school because so many kids had never heard it or seen it, therefore I played the tits off it. And I feel very protective of it to this day, it has an innocent charm to it and of course it has superbly understated production. Georges Bass particularly, being clear as a bell for one thing, and interesting...not just root notes but proper bass lines. Malcolm's tone on Little Lover...amazing. And Love Song...I like love song, I like it because even back then I knew it was atypical of their sound and experimental, the sound of a band finding its niche, misstep or not. Angus' tone on the record too...so clear.

At least we agree on the cover art. Love that little dog taking a slash
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 16th 2019

Although far from being my favourite album the Australien HV gets a bit of a free pass since it was their first album and they recorded it basically weeks after Bon joined and without a proper rhythm section in place. Soul Stripper and Little Lover a brilliant songs in my book and I also like Baby Please Don't Go even if it's not nearwhere as good as Them's version (from which they ripped it off obviously). I also like You Ain't Got A Hold On Me a lot. The only song I really can't stand is Love Song. And I agree with Tom and Carlos: the cover artwork is fantastic.
    Posted By: Spellbound@carlos:

“Generic glam rock wannabe filler”.

Fair enough on it being an average album -

So you do admit it being average. Now we're getting somewhere

In comparison to the rest of the catalog, sure. Because it was written by a 19 and 20 year old Mal/Ang. Not the roadworn tenacious fuckers that came to write LTBR etc. It’s still a fun as fuck album to listen to with a ton of charm, energy, and is overall a great time.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permI've only listen to the beginning of the interview, but I'll get to it eventually (just like Jem's).

Same, only made it through the first 30 mins so far
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Apr 16th 2019

Posted By: matirocker
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permI've only listen to the beginning of the interview, but I'll get to it eventually (just like Jem's).

Same, only made it through the first 30 mins so far

It's a bit of a slog but you acclimatise to Carlos' opinions after spending time with the man. Let's just say, he only loves 1 thing more than the sound of his own typing.
    Great stuff. Awesome stories by Carlos!
    I'm waiting for Jon to interview you, Mati. While you and I may disagree on many things, there's no denying that you have great talent and one of the better grasps on the English language that I've ever seen from someone who comes from a Spanish speaking country. I'd be interested in hearing your story.
    Posted By: Jack B. NimbleI'm waiting for Jon to interview you, Mati. While you and I may disagree on many things, there's no denying that you have great talent and one of the better grasps on the English language that I've ever seen from someone who comes from a Spanish speaking country. I'd be interested in hearing your story.

I'd love it! Hope Jon is reading...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 18th 2019 edited

In that photo Carlos really looks like Lorne Michaels (Had to think a long time until I got who he reminded me of LOL)

Indeed. We probably agree on a shitload more tbh. Do you collect?
    Thanks Jon & Carlos. Really enjoyed both of these interviews. It’s great to hear the stories, especially the AC/DC moment or Big Bang I think you called it. Makes you reflect on these questions yourself & remember some great times.
    Hopefully there is many more to come. I’m sure we’d all be putting up our hands to contribute.

Indeed. We probably agree on a shitload more tbh. Do you collect?

I used to . But many many years ago I sold my collection to fund a boys holiday to Tenerife! I never had the will to start again after that. I had every single and picture disc up to 1990
    Nothing wrong with Good Riddance. Some people seem to like the bluesier side of DC, until they decide they don't.
    Posted By: BallToucherNothing wrong with Good Riddance. Some people seem to like the bluesier side of DC, until they decide they don't.

And ‘some people’ dislike TRE, and then decide that they still do. Forever.
    Terrific interview! I really enjoyed the Go Zone story, and I could especially relate to when Carlos first got into AC/DC (especially the time period, and being confused about the different singers).
    I also felt a tinge of sadness when Carlos was discussing when he left the AXL/DC gig before the end.
    I could picture a down in the dumps Carlos walking slowly back to the hotel, head in a daze. :(

Love the interview format. Don't change a thing Jon!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 7th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_permTerrific interview! I really enjoyed the Go Zone story, and I could especially relate to when Carlos first got into AC/DC (especially the time period, and being confused about the different singers).
    I also felt a tinge of sadness when Carlos was discussing when he left the AXL/DC gig before the end.
    I could picture a down in the dumps Carlos walking slowly back to the hotel, head in a daze. :(

Love the interview format. Don't change a thing Jon!

Don't feel bad for him, he had enough libations to last him a week. And thank you!