To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Apr 13th 2019 edited

We're back in the back of a Cadillac with the second edition of the AC/DCFans.net Interview Series, and this time, we bring in the site's self-proclaimed "wanker," Carlos Fandango!

In this hour-plus interview, we discuss his deeply personal connection with Brian Johnson, seeing the band for time at a legendary venue, being playfully dissed by Malcolm Young, the future of the band and so much more.

This was a really fun one to lay down. Thanks to CF for his time. I hope you enjoy.

• AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 13th 2019

Link?
    •  
    • Apr 13th 2019

Posted By: RoccoLink?

• Apr 13th 2019

Posted By: jonalba
    Posted By: RoccoLink?

https://soundcloud.c...

Thanks! Wasn't there when I first read the post.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 13th 2019

Thanks so much for the work you put into this. Much appreciated!
    •  
    • Apr 13th 2019

Posted By: DrBelfordThanks so much for the work you put into this. Much appreciated!

I appreciate the sentiments!
    I enjoyed that. This series is great. I did not know Pod has drifted away because of the whole Brian/Axl thing. Sad but understandable.
    Ah - something to listen to in the car for during the ride home. Great timing, and thanks so much for doing stuff like this! It’s fascinating to hear different peoples’ experiences and opinions on the band. Keep it up!
    Guys. You know my number.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 13th 2019 edited

Here's the link to Susan Masino's twitter statement that Carlos referred to:

https://twitter.com/...

https://www.facebook...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Apr 13th 2019

Lovely stuff. And a proper northern accent for JBN. Great job boys.
    This is awesome!

LOL @ GoZone
    •  
    • Apr 13th 2019

Posted By: JemLovely stuff. And a proper northern accent for JBN. Great job boys.

He had big shoes to fill ;)

Posted By: SabbathFuckingSucksThis is awesome!

LOL @ GoZone

He knows Rudd!
    Love these interviews
    Great concept
    Cool to hear Carlos got the floor seats for the msg show in 08 through fan club as I did the same although I was near soundboard not as close ( I do agree crowd in NYC not very animated ( go see me in Boston if you want rowdy ! )
    Also big rush fan which I am as well
    Cool stuff john !!!
    Would rather listen to these than actual band interviews !
    FYI would love to be interviewed ! Lol
    Hour and a half! Well...let's go.
    • Apr 14th 2019

Great stuff! Doing these interviews was a fantastic idea, Jon. Carlos is one of my favorite forum members and he comes across like a great guy with a great sense of humor in this interview.
    •  
    • Apr 14th 2019

Posted By: BallToucherHour and a half! Well...let's go.

Haha. It just kept going.

Posted By: RoccoGreat stuff! Doing these interviews was a fantastic idea, Jon. Carlos is one of my favorite forum members and he comes across like a great guy with a great sense of humor in this interview.

Really appreciate that Rocco. Carlos is a treat for sure.
    •  
    • Apr 14th 2019

Posted By: sfadden30Love these interviews
    Great concept
    Cool to hear Carlos got the floor seats for the msg show in 08 through fan club as I did the same although I was near soundboard not as close ( I do agree crowd in NYC not very animated ( go see me in Boston if you want rowdy ! )
    Also big rush fan which I am as well
    Cool stuff john !!!
    Would rather listen to these than actual band interviews !

Thank you!
    Great interview! Appreciate both of you offering up your time to make this happen. Can’t wait for the next one!
    •  
    • Apr 14th 2019

Posted By: flattusmaximusGreat interview! Appreciate both of you offering up your time to make this happen. Can’t wait for the next one!

Our pleasure. I'm glad people are enjoying.
    Great interview, and glad to hear Carlos is a Rush fan!

Carlos, you said you saw them on the Hold Your Fire tour. Was it the show where they filmed A Show of Hands?
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Apr 14th 2019

Posted By: Fast As a SharkGreat interview, and glad to hear Carlos is a Rush fan!

Carlos, you said you saw them on the Hold Your Fire tour. Was it the show where they filmed A Show of Hands?

I was on the front row at the NEC in Birmingham when Rush filmed that video. Also met Geddy and Alex the next day
    Posted By: Fast As a SharkGreat interview, and glad to hear Carlos is a Rush fan!

Yes it was! Great days
    Very cool. Love that video/album. You both are lucky bastards. :) I only saw them in '07.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 14th 2019 edited

Posted By: carlos fandango

Yes it was! Great days

I just bought this shirt. (Don't blame me for the thread hijack.)

http://bigfanaccesso...
    • AC/DC rock music: Sellen
    • Apr 14th 2019

Great :)
    •  
    • Apr 14th 2019

Thank you Sellen.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 15th 2019 edited

Halfway through, great stuff!

Have never felt the compulsion to go see DC in the states before, and now I'm finding myself pencilling in Madisson Square Gardens for the next tour!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 15th 2019

Again, this was a great listen! Keep up the good work!
    •  
    • Apr 15th 2019

Posted By: azelHalfway through, great stuff!

Have never felt the compulsion to go see DC in the states before, and now I'm finding myself pencilling in Madisson Square Gardens for the next tour!

MSG is something special. If anything, the pre-show vibes around the arena are awesome.
    Didn't realise I'd waffled on for so long. Having popped into the pub an hour or so before our chat may have helped in that regard!!
    Posted By: Rocco
    Carlos is one of my favorite forum members and he comes across like a great guy with a great sense of humor in this interview.

Agree 100%. Carlos is a national treasure. Imo, he should be knighted.
      •  
        AC/DC rock music: azel
      • Apr 15th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
      Posted By: Rocco
      Carlos is one of my favorite forum members and he comes across like a great guy with a great sense of humor in this interview.

Agree 100%. Carlos is a national treasure. Imo, he should be knighted.

I've often said he should be put to the sword! ;)
        •  
        • Apr 15th 2019

Posted By: carlos fandangoDidn't realise I'd waffled on for so long. Having popped into the pub an hour or so before our chat may have helped in that regard!!

It made for better content :)
        •  
          AC/DC rock music: Terro
        • Apr 15th 2019 edited

Posted By: carlos fandangoDidn't realise I'd waffled on for so long. Having popped into the pub an hour or so before our chat may have helped in that regard!!

Carlos in the pub, downing the shorts preparing for the interview ....

•  
          AC/DC rock music: Pod
        • Apr 15th 2019

Great interview although your memory is a little out on our "meeting" with Malcolm. It's your age I guess.

As for me "turning my back" on the band. I turned my back on the Angus Young All Stars. I haven't given up entirely on the latest incarnation. Yet.
      •  
        I enjoyed this but you lost me a wee bit when you dismissed the debut out of hand so easily. I think it’s a great record and that Mal sounds amazing on it.
        •  
        • Apr 15th 2019

Posted By: PodGreat interview although your memory is a little out on our "meeting" with Malcolm. It's your age I guess.

As for me "turning my back" on the band. I turned my back on the Angus Young All Stars. I haven't given up entirely on the latest incarnation. Yet.

POD IS HERE! POD IS HERE!
      •  
        Posted By: jonalba
        Posted By: PodGreat interview although your memory is a little out on our "meeting" with Malcolm. It's your age I guess.

POD IS HERE! POD IS HERE!

And he’s up for a chat Jon!
      •  
        Nice to see you again Pod. Stop leaving ya bastard. :)
      •  
        Posted By: tomscotlandI enjoyed this but you lost me a wee bit when you dismissed the debut out of hand so easily. I think it’s a great record and that Mal sounds amazing on it.

I’m not that taken by it. Just like some people aren’t that keen on FTATR, I find HV, the Australian version very lightweight. Thank god TNT came along and put them on the right track. Couple of decent moments but not that great overall. I think , being honest, having a cover and the truly execrable Love Song on it ruined it for me. Also I only really came across this a few years after the international HV which is head and shoulders above it's Oz counterpart
      •  
        What’s the point of knocking HV for having a cover (that is awesome on album and fucking incredible live) when TNT has a boring honky tonk Chuck Berry cover?

I think Oz’s HV is a great album if you accept it as stuff written by teenagers with George’s help. Love Song is a miserable listen after the intro and She’s Got Balls is pretty lukewarm but everything else is a great listen.
        •  
          AC/DC rock music: Pod
        • Apr 16th 2019

In that photo Carlos, why is a baby habding you a shot?
      •  
        Posted By: SpellboundWhat’s the point of knocking HV for having a cover (that is awesome on album and fucking incredible live) when TNT has a boring honky tonk Chuck Berry cover?

I think Oz’s HV is a great album if you accept it as stuff written by teenagers with George’s help. Love Song is a miserable listen after the intro and She’s Got Balls is pretty lukewarm but everything else is a great listen.

I'll break it down for you spelly. TNT (Aus) has Live Wire, Its A Long Way to the Top, High Voltage, TNT, RnR Singer, Rocker...even has the Jack (if thats your bag....all pretty much the building blocks of the AC/DC sound and attitude (apologies for ignoring the pretty woeful School Days). What does HV (Aus) have? Oh yes thats right some hokey limp wristed balladry, generic glam rock wannabe filler and the pretty forgettable everything else. Bar Soul Stripper theres not really much on there than I need to hear again.

I think where people don't understand where I'm coming from is that I compare all AC/DC's output against what they were capable of. I'm sorry if this upsets people but in comparison to Back in Black, Let There Be Rock, Powerage, FTATR, FOTS, HTH and yes even TNT the Australian High Voltage is bang average at best. My bottom 2 albums are TRE and HV (Aus).

Spoiler alert:- not everything AC/DC have ever done is brilliant, there is a fair bit of dog shit in that catalogue. I just choose not to step in it.
      •  
        Posted By: PodIn that photo Carlos, why is a baby habding you a shot?

they allow underage drinking in Manchester. In fact its a requirement
      •  
        @carlos:

“Generic glam rock wannabe filler”.

It’s almost as if it was written by a kids fresh out of school with no sense of identity for the band. Fair enough on it being an average album - it doesn’t steal the show like the albums after. But it’s still a great attempt at a first album for a bunch of guys that were still an itch in sony’s Pants all considered. Context.

You and I both know that I’m aware the catalog is filled with dogshit. Fortunately most of it is contained to BI, which ironically enough is filled with hokey wannabe dadrock songs yet you sing it’s high praises every day :)
      •  
        personally, I place generic glam rock wannabe filler in higher regard than the lowest-common-denominator rock-by-numbers shite on The Razors Edge. Goodbye And Good Riddance To Bad Luck? Fuck even is that? Gimme Stick Around any day, all day.
        And you all know my thoughts on Cock Or Bust so I needn't go there again.
        • AC/DC rock music: 900
        • Apr 16th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandGoodbye And Good Riddance To Bad Luck?

I don't get the hate for that song, I really like it. It's just a solid, stomping track with insane vocals, what's not to like?!
        • Apr 16th 2019

Posted By: 900
        Posted By: tomscotlandGoodbye And Good Riddance To Bad Luck?

I don't get the hate for that song, I really like it. It's just a solid, stomping track with insane vocals, what's not to like?!

And very good lyrics by Y&Ys standard.