[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: vambo
    • Mar 27th 2019

I know some of this was posted a while back but it was eventually deleted and I don't think all this stuff was uploaded then anyway. Can't really remember. Plus, I think the stuff that was already up looks better now. Anyway, here's the stuff they put up recently.

Live Wire/ Shot Down in Flames/ Sin City

Problem Child/ Walk All Over You

Bon looks so cool in these videos
    WAOY is fucking brilliant
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 27th 2019

Posted By: ianbigmacWAOY is fucking brilliant
    Indeed. And in correct pitch.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Mar 27th 2019

The best front man, Rock'n roller ever!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Mar 27th 2019

Nice to see these clips back up again. It was five years ago they were first posted.

Bon at the top of his game. Burnt out my arse.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Mar 27th 2019

I don't know if I've ever noticed Cliff playing SDIF without a pick before.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Mar 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: Grim177Bon at the top of his game. Burnt out my arse.

You sure about that? Sounds quite rough in parts to me.

Great footage though.
    Used to have my jeans like Bons. Darker long patch down each leg. I'm still a fashion guru
    •  
    • Mar 28th 2019

Posted By: benji
    Posted By: Grim177Bon at the top of his game. Burnt out my arse.

You sure about that? Sounds quite rough in parts to me.

Great footage though.

Am I sure about my opinion? Yeah I am, thanks.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Mar 28th 2019

I like seeing Walk All Over You because the live footage was not shown in Let There Be Rock.

p.s. What's up with Benji? : )
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Mar 28th 2019

Posted By: Infernop.s. What's up with Benji? : )

Eh? I’m simply expressing my opinion as others have done countless times on this forum.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Mar 28th 2019 edited

The fill Phil plays at the end of the PC solo is one of the best things I've had the pleasure to ever listen to.
    Primal.
    Is there anymore of this gig lurking about anywhere?
    The guy who uploaded it filmed it and has the whole gig.

Pretty sure he has the same deal for when they came to town in 1978.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Mar 28th 2019

Bon's voice Is a bit tired for the massive touring but still sounds pretty great and in tune.
    •  
    • Mar 28th 2019

The guy who uploaded the videos owns the footage. When it was first shared about five years ago there were also incomplete versions of BBB and LTBR. As I recall, he took it down shortly after uploading it. These also look to be new transfers.
    •  
    • Mar 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: flattusmaximusThe guy who uploaded it filmed it and has the whole gig.

Pretty sure he has the same deal for when they came to town in 1978.

Scheduled for release 2028 for the 50th anniversary. But don't hold your breath.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Mar 28th 2019

Posted By: rideon77Bon's voice Is a bit tired for the massive touring but still sounds pretty great and in tune.

I thought he sounded a bitt off on SDIF but other than that I think he sounds fine in these clips. In PC and WAOY he sounds great to me. WAOY is, along with TTM, the song I would be most curious about how Brian would handle 'em (and please no, I don't want to spark another of these Bon vs. Brian bullshit discussions).
    Has anyone managed to buy the whole gig from the guy who uploaded it?
    •  
    • Mar 29th 2019 edited

Posted By: WarMachine73Has anyone managed to buy the whole gig from the guy who uploaded it?

My theory (and it's just a theory) is that this guy will NEVER part with the whole thing. He likes holding the bits out there for people to gawk at, but if he releases (bootlegs) the whole show then he loses all control and no more kudos coming his way.

I'm sure he'd do it if he could stamp his name all over the release, so that he could get the praise and the notoriety, but then AC/DC's lawyers might have something to say about that.
    •  
    • Jul 3rd 2019 edited

Ran into this stuff again in my Youtube feed. Some classic shows, that's for sure.

• AC/DC rock music: single-8
    • Sep 1st 2019

don't forget about these..

Wonderful stuff. Like being a fly on the wall... Lovely.
    What's really amazing is the quality of footage I forget just how clear this stuff really is, camera work is solid too.
    •  
    • Sep 1st 2019 edited

Fantastic to finally see the whole thing posted. Thank you single-8!
    Fucking marvellous. Cheers vambo
    •  
    • Sep 3rd 2019

Posted By: single-8don't forget about these..

Nice! I take back any bad things I may have said. My thought was it would never see the light of day. Cool as hell! Thanks!
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Sep 4th 2019

It's just outstading footage which I never thought I would see . Cannot stop watching it . makes me feel like a teenager again . To see Angus in full flow is just brilliant .
    • AC/DC rock music: single-8
    • Sep 4th 2019 edited

anyone notice "Rocker" is a 3 piece AC/DC when Malcolm breaks a string & vanishes from the stage?
    to me that proves how great this lineup was..I never noticed until I spent 5yrs restoring & constantly upgrading the film
    • Sep 4th 2019

You have done a fine job Single-8 . Thank you
    I did and did notice that Single 8. Also noticed Malcolm used his back up Arrow Jet Gretsch towards the end of the show.
    Posted By: Grim177Nice to see these clips back up again. It was five years ago they were first posted.

Bon at the top of his game. Burnt out my arse.

He sounds pretty good for the most part. Not hitting every note, but then again, he never did live, in order to preserve his voice. Which is smart and something all singers should do.

But he didn't sound this good at other shows in '79, and he said himself he was getting burnt out from the endless touring. I mean, have any of you actually considered what it would be like to spend 5 YEARS of your life either on the road or recording albums literally nonstop? These guys did not seem to take breaks longer than a week or so for major holidays. That's insane.

WAOY sounds great at a closer to proper tempo and Angus absolutely KILLS the solo, possibly better than the studio solo (too bad the end is cut).
    • Sep 5th 2019

I’m surprised It didn’t happen more , Bon takes a tumble at the end of BBB .
    There's some Van Halen 79 footage posted too - I would they were as good as AC/DC at the time - amazing both of them though.

•  
    • Sep 5th 2019

There's so little DLR era VH live footage. This is precious and absolutely prime stuff.
    Posted By: Grim177There's so little DLR era VH live footage. This is precious and absolutely prime stuff.

Indeed, fantastic to see them at their peak. Dave was one of the greats from 78 to 84.
    Posted By: single-8anyone notice "Rocker" is a 3 piece AC/DC when Malcolm breaks a string & vanishes from the stage?
    to me that proves how great this lineup was..I never noticed until I spent 5yrs restoring & constantly upgrading the film

Where is this? I cant find it.