To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Love Airbourne.

When's this album due out, anyone know?
    Posted By: RuddOrBustLove Airbourne.

When's this album due out, anyone know?

They finished recording it April, so presumably it’ll be out this coming fall. My guess would be September/October.
    it'll probably be out out before "WNA" ...
    I liked how the bonus tracks on No Guts were all recorded with vintage SG and Gretsches. That way the album sounds like Airbourne and they get to have some fun with the extra tracks by really going for the AC/DC tone:

The first album was really the only great album though and through. No Guts had some good tracks and one really great track (Bottom of the Well). After that, nothing stood out much to me. The latest album's title track had a kinda catchy chorus, I'll give them that.

Speaking of songs that should have been released officially, Heads Are Gonna Roll was a fucking top notch song that could have been a legitimate hit for them. How they let that just fall through the cracks if beyond me.
    Damn, agree 100% with that statement, DoinNothingMeansALot.

Also, I think someone told me back in the day they used plexi amps for those bonus tracks. They definitely sound more interesting to me than the regular album tracks, sound wise
    I have to agree also, with the exception I do enjoy a majority of No Guts. quite a bit more. No arguing Running Wild is the best album though. I also do like Black Dog Barking, it grew on me after the initial change in sound shock wore off, some great songs on it, although not as raw or interesting as the first 2. Breaking Outta Hell sucked ass for me, the title track was good.... not much else.

Also agree on Heads Are Gonna Roll,and would add Turn Up The Trouble also...both are 2 tracks they should have pushed onto an album.
    Turn Up the Trouble should’ve been a single. No questions asked.
    Posted By: SpellboundTurn Up the Trouble should’ve been a single. No questions asked.

At the very least. I would've preferred it being on an album, sadly the WWE had it's hands all over it keeping that from happening though.
    I didn't know about Turn Up The Trouble so I just checked it out... you guys are on drugs, lol... filler at its best!
    Posted By: SpellboundTurn Up the Trouble should’ve been a single. No questions asked.

That was actually a cover so IDK if it could have been a single.
    Heavy weight lover and money are cracking songs, not sure how they didn’t make the cut on any of their albums.
    Looking forward to the next album and seeing them live again in another pub in Melbourne
    Airbourne has been hot fucking garbage for a long time now.

Nothing to see here.
    Then stay out of the discussion
    That song Kickin' It Old School sounds like rock music for children around the age of 12.
    Posted By: magpies1990_77Then stay out of the discussion

lol no.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jul 17th 2019

Arf arf!
    Posted By: MeanstreakThat song Kickin' It Old School sounds like rock music for children around the age of 12.

The same could really be said of all of the No Guts bonus tracks.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jul 17th 2019

Posted By: SabbathFuckingSucksAirbourne has been hot fucking garbage for a long time now.

Nothing to see here.

They have been pretty much from the beginning.
    Posted By: matirockerI didn't know about Turn Up The Trouble so I just checked it out... you guys are on drugs, lol... filler at its best!

Nonsense! It's a great track, better than tons of stuff they've done.

Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALot

That was actually a cover so IDK if it could have been a single.

Being a cover shouldn't stop it from being a single, tons of covers have been whored out by new artists over the years. That being said, It was an updated rendition of a popular them used in the WWE for Mr. Kennedy, don't know what kind of legal shit they would have had to do.

Shame though, one of my favorites from them.
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: SabbathFuckingSucksAirbourne has been hot fucking garbage for a long time now.

Nothing to see here.

They have been pretty much from the beginning.

Ready to Rock is a fun album. Runnin' Wild was solid. NGNG had a couple of good tracks. I wrote shit when I was 13 that mops the floor with everything that came after lol. It's kind of sad how they dropped off.
    Posted By: matirockerI didn't know about Turn Up The Trouble so I just checked it out... you guys are on drugs, lol... filler at its best!

Funny joke, dude. Turn up the Trouble would fit perfectly on DDDDC or LTBR. It's a mix of the simplicity of TNT with the epic soaring solo melody style of LTBR.

Posted By: MeanstreakThat song Kickin' It Old School sounds like rock music for children around the age of 12.

Well, it is a bonus track from the album where they started dropping off after all. I only posted it because I liked how they used vintage guitars for it.
    Looks like they're playing new stuff on their current tour:

Posted By: boothjordenLooks like they're playing new stuff on their current tour:

Jesus. They just keep falling farther and farther.
    • AC/DC rock music: peluso8
    • Jul 20th 2019

Compared to the lead single for Breakin' Outta Hell (the title song), that just doesn't come close.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Jul 20th 2019

Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: boothjordenLooks like they're playing new stuff on their current tour:

Posted By: peluso8Compared to the lead single for Breakin' Outta Hell (the title song), that just doesn't come close.

Hmm.. don't see how this is much worse or better than much of what they did before. Kinda dig it actually.
    • AC/DC rock music: peluso8
    • Jul 20th 2019

Posted By: Jet1984
    Posted By: Spellbound

Posted By: peluso8Compared to the lead single for Breakin' Outta Hell (the title song), that just doesn't come close.

Hmm.. don't see how this is much worse or better than much of what they did before. Kinda dig it actually.

I like it too, just not quite as much as I liked Breakin’ Outta Hell
    Very Bruce Dickinson. It's ok but it ain't Runnin Wild or Raise The Flag
    If only Joe didn't sound like his throat had been slit...

the chorus sounds pretty damn catchy
    Posted By: RNRDamnationthe chorus sounds pretty damn catchy

I'm diggin it.
    That video there he sounds better. Maybe this album will be better than Breakin' Outta Hell.
    Just sounds like generic 80s rock to me, but that clip sounded bit better.

We'll see how the next album is. I'll still buy it.
    Posted By: nitroangus23That video there he sounds better. Maybe this album will be better than Breakin' Outta Hell.

Airbourne is fucking LOUD live so half their videos sound like shit when you record it with a phone. Not even their live shows sound good because the mixers cant get a good mix....it's always a fuzzy treble mess. Completely different than in person, it's a shame because their mix is always on point. I hope this album is better, BOH was good but def my least fav.
    Sounds like a refreshing change of pace from the recent "play faster with more notes" style of riff writing.
    Posted By: RNRDamnation
    Posted By: nitroangus23That video there he sounds better. Maybe this album will be better than Breakin' Outta Hell.

Airbourne is fucking LOUD live so half their videos sound like shit when you record it with a phone. Not even their live shows sound good because the mixers cant get a good mix....it's always a fuzzy treble mess. Completely different than in person, it's a shame because their mix is always on point. I hope this album is better, BOH was good but def my least fav.

I am referring to Joel's voice only. He has always been shakey live, his voice just gets wrecked. Nothing to do with the mix or the fact it's a cell phone, he just isn't that great live, his voice burns out super fast and he croaks it out. I won't disagree that live and in person it's still an enjoyable time many people have stated how great they are live.

I still wanna see them,but it bums me out to hear Joel be so different than his studio recordings.
    Posted By: SpellboundJust sounds like generic 80s rock to me, but that clip sounded bit better.

We'll see how the next album is. I'll still buy it.

That's what they always sounded like to me. I dig that shit though.
    Posted By: nitroangus23
    Posted By: RNRDamnation

I am referring to Joel's voice only. He has always been shakey live, his voice just gets wrecked. Nothing to do with the mix or the fact it's a cell phone, he just isn't that great live, his voice burns out super fast and he croaks it out. I won't disagree that live and in person it's still an enjoyable time many people have stated how great they are live.

I still wanna see them,but it bums me out to hear Joel be so different than his studio recordings.

Both times ive seen them Joel was damn good. It comes with time tbh, he has been able to manage his voice better compared to the early days. He really burned out on the No Guts Tour from singing basically studio versions note for note the previous tours. Unless you see them live, you won't understand. There might be people here that say dont go they are just an average bar band but just because they play literally any size venue doesnt mean they are a small act and should be treated as such. They play massive festivals and have toured with the Stones and Maiden. They have the chops.
    I am not saying anything about them being a bar band or who they've played with. Joel's voice blows live.

That's all I am saying, imo. I still enjoy the records mind you.
    I'm guessing they're gonna release that single soon? It sounds like it coulda been on NGNG, which is a very good thing.
    Posted By: El3ment380I'm guessing they're gonna release that single soon? It sounds like it coulda been on NGNG, which is a very good thing.

Would love for that sound to return.
    I will lose my shit if they bring back that raw and live sound back from No Guts. BOH was produced fairly well instrumentally but Joels vocals were produced horribly. The only other thing that would make me scream like a little girl at a Beatles concert in 1967 would be if they finally release Get On Ya Bikes
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Malcolm78
    • Jul 22nd 2019

Posted By: RNRDamnationI will lose my shit if they bring back that raw and live sound back from No Guts. BOH was produced fairly well instrumentally but Joels vocals were produced horribly. The only other thing that would make me scream like a little girl at a Beatles concert in 1967 would be if they finally release Get On Ya Bikes

Yeah man, me too! I think they've allready recorded it right? Wasn't it on the documentary thing form 2017 in the background?
    Posted By: Malcolm78
    Posted By: RNRDamnationI will lose my shit if they bring back that raw and live sound back from No Guts. BOH was produced fairly well instrumentally but Joels vocals were produced horribly. The only other thing that would make me scream like a little girl at a Beatles concert in 1967 would be if they finally release Get On Ya Bikes

Yeah man, me too! I think they've allready recorded it right? Wasn't it on the documentary thing form 2017 in the background?

Yup, it's been finished for quite some time now. It's a track which I believe to be recorded around the same time as Runnin Wild, just judging by the sound of the track in the doc. The track is as old as 2005 era though, which is crazy.....it's about time they release it.
    That riff at the start is "shoot em down" by Twisted Sister....so in otherwords a good one.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Jul 22nd 2019

Nice vocals.....already Heard the riff....so and so Song
    Posted By: stuhiltonThat riff at the start is "shoot em down" by Twisted Sister....so in otherwords a good one.

Ah that's what I was thinking of! Couldn't place it but had heard it before.
    New guitarist has a Filtertron in his explorer. I like how it sounds.
    I really think this song jams and rocks the socks off! I agree and like the idea that it somewhat sounds like it can be related on the No Guts sound. Sure hope this is THE ALBUM to strike them rich in the charts and have the whole world fall in love with Airbourne (:
    Posted By: SpellboundNew guitarist has a Filtertron in his explorer. I like how it sounds.

Harri has def been easy to like and accept because he's a damn good guitarist, but I miss Roads. His sound is pretty close, and the trons def sound good. It's a bit cleaner than Roads, it's missing that crunch.